Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 01:12:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what to do with this little situation...  (Read 1043 times)
86neoplan

Ignore
« on: July 07, 2006, 09:37:44 AM »

hi again,

as some of you know, my plans to convert a bus keep changing. The new flyer fell through and now I find the little neoplan may have a blown head gasket, which i dont understand as it starts runs and drive beautifully, but apparently water is getting into the oil. unless something got overfilled.

this is unbelievable... anyone know any scrap dealers near pittsburgh? I hate to scrap it, but i dont have the finances to fix it at the moment. I will have to choose a better time to do my conversion, although i will still hang around a keep reading.

oh well...better days have to come..

shawn

Proud single custodial dad to a wonderful 14 year old son, Owner of a 1986 Neoplan 26' transit Bus AN408, Great weekender...Lots of work to come on this bus, can't wait to get her done! 8.2L with a Allison AT545...
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 12:58:39 PM »

Shawn,

Sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing.  Anyone who's been at this for a while has certainly had their share of these things. 

What kind of engine do you have in the little neoplan?  Wonder how difficult that would be to replace that gasket.  I've replaced a head gasket before on a large gasoline engine (460) and it wasn't terribly difficult, just veerrry time consuming for a newbie mechanic like myself.

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Bosshosssport96

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 01:25:11 PM »

Shawn,I have a friend who is a Neoplan bus nut,and I told him of your situation,he indicated that yes, it is possiable for you to have a head gasket pronblem,but not likely,90% of the time its the oil cooler thats your problem check it out...........Frank
86neoplan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 02:18:10 PM »

where would it be at?

i have no idea where to look...

shawn

Proud single custodial dad to a wonderful 14 year old son, Owner of a 1986 Neoplan 26' transit Bus AN408, Great weekender...Lots of work to come on this bus, can't wait to get her done! 8.2L with a Allison AT545...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: