Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 05:03:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A REASONABLE model for my (and maybe your) bus's fuel mileage  (Read 10688 times)
JimGnitecki

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2009, 01:44:31 PM »

JimG,

I think you are well appreciated here.  "Some" of what Cody says has "some" merit from his perspective.  I can't see where the vitriol is warranted and this situation saddens me a little.  Cody has been around a long long while and has been of much service to many and is known to have his heart in the right place.  Watching this from my distant posit it seems obvious that there is a clash of personality that cannot be easily explained or justified.  I know I have fallen into the same mode as Cody and I most certainly have gotten the butt end on more occasions than I can count over the years.  Please "bare" with him and all of us for that matter.  You are appreciated and I hope you will continue in your current "vane". Please
overlook this episode and start fresh.

Sorry to hear of your current dilemma with work and all.  Truly sad stuff is happening all over the nation.  That doesn't cheer you, I understand, but, it doesn't seem that it is the fault of the people that  are being damaged.  Cody has recently suffered a near tragedy concerning his wife's health.  He nearly lost her and he received an outpouring of sympathy.  Our sincere concern was backed up with a collection to help him purchase an oxygen machine to make her more mobile and lessen some of the burden.  No doubt he was patient, compassionate and generous in his own right even before his most recent hardships tempered him even further.  Please be patient with us and know that we are appreciative of the time and energy you have expended.

HTH

John

John: Thanks for sharing that information - all of it. It helps me understand better what might be going on. My wife too has had very serious health issues the last few months. She has been admitted to the hospital emergency room twice. She and I are both of strong faith and regard that as just another attempt by The Enemy to try to disocurage her, as she is in charge of the prayer ministry at our church. I don't regard the current unemployment as a stress. It is a cleansing that enables us to shed and simplify. That's a good thing.

Jim G
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2009, 01:49:14 PM »

Understand,on the line myself,on the other hand check Don Fairchild out @

http://www.cctskit.com/

One of the many well versed DD folks on board.good luck

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
JimGnitecki

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2009, 01:50:02 PM »

I am sure there is a Detroit Diesel forum available for this type of information and splitting of hairs

Jim you are probably a great guy with a lot of knowledge however the way you are writing some of your posts seems to indicate that all of us that were here before you came on the board had just fallen off of a city bus and are stupid, oh and we don't know anything regarding our beloved 2 strokes.

the info you are trying to present is not the problem  the way it is being offered is !

just a observation from this end

God Bless and have a great day    good luck  Amen

Chris

Sorry if I unintentionally came across wrong in some way. I was not intending to say anyone is right or wrong or smart or dumb. I was simply trying to say exactly what I said in my opening remarks: I wanted to build a model that would help me answer some questions I had about what would likely happen under certain scenarios (different mph speeds, different gearing, etc). I figured by publishing it here I could (a) get helpful inputs from other members and (b) maybe help other members answer some of the questions they might have that are similar to mine. No other agendas.

Jim G

p.s. the spell check works great when I remember to use it, as I finally did this time.
cody

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2009, 01:52:51 PM »

No vendetta bob, your old enough to make your own choices good or bad, read further, check information and follow the money, and I wish you well.  I guess I gave credit where it wasn't due but it's not the first time I've done that.  You can spend time on the different forums too and see the end result as well or we can just wait for it here really doesn't matter that much, for some interesting reading do a lein in texas.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2009, 01:53:04 PM »

When I get re-employed, I will want to find a tuner to do his magic on the engine, but right now, it's sort of mostly financial survival time! You have to play the hand that you are dealt . . . Smiley
Jim G

There is a guy down here in Florida that you should talk to. He runs 2 antique tractors in the tractor pulls. The Oliver 77 Row Crop has a 2-53 Detroit that has the governor set at 3400. The Oliver 88 has a 3-53 Detroit and has the governor set at 3600.  I do not know how much horsepower they are producing, but wherever you are in the park, you know when those tractors are pulling. It's a beautiful sound!!  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
JimGnitecki

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2009, 01:54:48 PM »

Hi Cris,I think this is a link to the DD yahoo group
http://http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/DetroitDiesel/
if not sorry. Smiley
 these guys are pretty wild ,some very interesting(and strange)things going on there. Shocked

Hey, THANK-YOU. That website does sound pretty interesting. here is the mission statement for it off the link page:

"This is a group for the exchange of info about older GM Detroit Diesel engines, the old two strokers, the 51, 53, 71, 92, 110 & 149 series engines and not so much the newer stuff they are building today. Any Detroit Diesel related topic is welcome."

I need to spend some time there. Smiley

Jim G
JimGnitecki

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2009, 02:17:23 PM »

http://http://www.google.com/search?q=Jim+Gnitecki&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1  Some interesting information has come to light that may explain the sudden interest in all things mechanical, it seems that mr jim goes from board to board, dazzles them with tidbits of information then is willing to sell them the necessary missing pieces to complete the model, he does this as a business not as a friend to us poor trusting 2 stroke busnuts, if you google the guy you can find that he has infiltrated almost every board that there is, this link is only one that was sent to me, I have since found many others.  I apologize to any that I may have offended either in this thread or in the next one but after spending half my life in prison it's not hard to spot a con or a game, I'm not sure which it is but something just isn't right here.

Huh

I have at times been, or continue to be, a member of the following boards (any maybe one or two I have forgotten about:

www.ssrfanatic.com (the forum for Chevrolet SSR owners)
www.fnsweet.com (the forum for Roush owners)
A Ducati motorcycle board whose name I have forgotten (5 years ago or so)
www.s2k.com ( a forum for Honda S2000 owners, because I owned one for a while)

The only things I have ever sold to any forum members are:

- a 320 page e-book titled "The SSR Experience" which members of the www.ssrfanatic.com board (owners of Chevrolet SSR retro pickups) ASKED me to write about 4 years ago, and subsequently bought from me in large enough numbers to qualify as a commercial success because it is GOOD and told owners how to fix all the issues that the vehicle came with from the factory (because it was too low volume for GM to get properly qualified).

- a customized gearing service (cost $29) for Ducati motorcycle owners that figured out for each rider what gearing would work best for his or her circumstances and intended usage. I offered the service because I did it free for a few people and before I knew it, EVERYONE wanted it done for them. I charged the $29 to try to limit the work to people who really VALUED it. Since each customized report took me roughly 2 hours to produce I made a whopping $14.50 per hour off those "poor owners". I don't see that as any way wrong.

I don't think this qualifies as "infiltrating every board you can think of". Nor does it qualify for your rude posting that somehow makes it sound liek I am trying to be some sort of shyster.

I think it is also pretty dispicable that you have tried to present what I have done as somehow crooked or immoral. You have deliberately tried to slander me, and there is no jusitifcaiton for that. Have I tried to sell you anything? Have I tried to deceive anyone? People like you make me sick, Cody. You are evidently so insecure that you cannot stand to see anyone else do something good and get a few pats on the back for doing it. What are you afraid of. That someone else who is better than you might be making an apeparance on the board that you somehow view as your personal turf, to be used for your glory?

You owe me an apology.

And, I think the moderator of this board should INSIST that you provide one. Saying someone is wrong, or saying you disagree with someone, is one thing. But trying to make it sound like someone is some sort of crook or deceiver when that is clearly not the case is slanderous.

Furthermore, you have have said several times during this thread that you are leaving. Please do us all a favor and stop TALKING about leaving and actually DO it. The World would be a better place.

Jim G
JimGnitecki

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2009, 02:21:39 PM »

Understand,on the line myself,on the other hand check Don Fairchild out @

http://http://www.cctskit.com/

One of the many well versed DD folks on board.good luck

Van: Thank-you for this link. I would never have found it without the pointer to it. It looks pretty interesting. How did you come to learn of it? Are any of this forum's memebrs involved with that program?

Jim G
JimGnitecki

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2009, 02:26:08 PM »

There is a guy down here in Florida that you should talk to. He runs 2 antique tractors in the tractor pulls. The Oliver 77 Row Crop has a 2-53 Detroit that has the governor set at 3400. The Oliver 88 has a 3-53 Detroit and has the governor set at 3600.  I do not know how much horsepower they are producing, but wherever you are in the park, you know when those tractors are pulling. It's a beautiful sound!!  Jack

Jack: That kind of rpm is impressive from an engine with the piston stroke and design history of a DD. That does indeed have to be a beautiful sound to experience. I really appreciate these pointers to interesting sources of information, guys. The more you learn, the more fascinating it becomes.

Jim G
gmbusguy1

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2009, 02:33:03 PM »

Bob, I have to agree with Cody on this one sorry but something ain't right in Denmark as they say

Chris
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2009, 02:40:35 PM »

There was a guy in Saskatoon that used to run a modified Allis in the tractor pulls.  I think he was related to the Summachs that owned Flexi-Coil but my memory might be playing tricks on me.  I can't remember whether it turned 9,000 or 11,000 RPM but it was a pretty sweet sound too.  Smoked white smoke like a steam engine until it got spooled up but it was fun to watch.  I think it was the same one that still had the torque converter in it - they ran dry ice in the TC to keep it cool.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 03:05:41 PM by bobofthenorth » Logged

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
cody

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2009, 02:58:40 PM »

I hear that Sam Walker is an innocent victim of others with an ax to grind, a lein is easy to run.  There will be no apology in regards to that from me, I've read several reports both state and individual, and it's only slander if it's untrue.  But your right I am interfering with free enterprise here, for that I'll apologize.
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2009, 03:02:56 PM »

Reagan said it best,trust but verify.but in the mean time,sharing of info and like mindedness in the hobby should be first and fore most on our minds.
so in the interest of the forumI'll share this (woopie I finally got something to share Grin)http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/DetroitDiesel/files/Detroit%20Diesel%202%20Stroke%20Specs/
Jim, these might be the charts you were looking for ,Idunno,maybe?
 Can't say if any one from the board is a member or not,the motor heads will ,I'm sure ,I am a not so active but that might change.lotta new stuff posted since last I was there.Good luck

"Give peace a chance"
     John Lennon
 a smart man(saw it in a movie Grin)
 If not, then we'll nuke em'
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 03:08:08 PM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
JimGnitecki

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2009, 03:18:17 PM »

http://http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/DetroitDiesel/files/Detroit%20Diesel%202%20Stroke%20Specs/
Jim, these might be the charts you were looking for ,Idunno,maybe?
 Can't say if any one from the board is a member or not,the motor heads will ,I'm sure ,I am a not so active but that might change.lotta new stuff posted since last I was there.Good luck

Thank-you, Van. Via your link, I joined that group to see what it is all about.

Jim G
JimGnitecki

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2009, 03:21:13 PM »

Bob, I have to agree with Cody on this one sorry but something ain't right in Denmark as they say

Chris

Chris: So you are prepared to let an unscrupulous man slander an inncoent one? Is this the kind of group I am finding myself associating with? If so, I'll probably want to leave pretty quickly.

I realzie that would feed and reward Cody's dispicable behavior, but hey, I don't want to be around people who believe a liar.

Jim G
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: