Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 05:18:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: marbling over a floor or, don't take it for granite lol  (Read 4033 times)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2009, 06:34:55 AM »

Jack, your comment really surprises me. Lauan plywood is generally used for vinyl tile that doesn't require a lot of water in the curing process, unlike thinset and grout.

We did not use water to mix the thinset or grout. We used a latex/vinyl admixture. I also forgot to add that the luan was sealed with a layer of fiberglass resin proir to installing tile.  The reason for adding the layer of luan was so that the finich floor would be flush with the wood flor that is on either end of the bathroom.  Jack
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 06:37:54 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
cody

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2009, 06:38:46 AM »

Skip, I understand completely lol, my problem is a few medical inconviences that tend to make me unwanting to redo things, I want to be buried in the bus and I want it to be somewhat finished lol.
poppi

mci 8 L10 ZF tranmission; helena

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2009, 06:58:03 AM »

Cody,

And if you preceed me do I need to bring the backhoe?

I can just see my bus pulling a trailer with a big backhoe on it Smiley

Take care

Skip

Snow disappeared......Now where did I put that bus?
cody

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2009, 07:00:27 AM »

Libby just piped up lol she said to dig a really big hole and then load the bus onto a catapult and splat, straight into the hole, I'm trying to picture that lol.
cody

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2009, 12:04:40 PM »

Well, another small step done on the floor today, got the tile cleaned up and grouted the seams, seams like it turned out ok so far, now I'll let it sit for a few days to cure some more, at some point I'll seal it and buff out the tile, I'm very pleased with the color variations and some very pronounced grain patterns that the tile had, so far so good, not a crack yet and no sign of rust lol.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2009, 07:27:36 PM »

Cody, that is looking really good. Keep it up.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2009, 05:17:10 AM »

Cody,

Nice of you to adopt those feral marble tiles, and such a lovely color.  Hope my bride doesn't see this post or I'll be putting marble in the bus!  LoL

Is it me, or does it seem that controversy follows you around?  Wink

Matt

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
cody

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2009, 05:28:25 AM »

Matt, it's me, controversy and me are old friends, I started life as a cranky old guy and got worse as time went by.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2009, 05:52:27 AM »

Matt, it's me, controversy and me are old friends, I started life as a cranky old guy and got worse as time went by.

Gee cody, I don't remember any cranky old guy at our place?  Maybe it is all in the perception or maybe Libby was keepin' under a tighter rein?  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
cody

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2009, 06:26:07 AM »

I'm afraid my crankyness reared it's ugly head this morning again,  I figured while I'm redoing the bathroom floor and the toilet is out I'd rebuild it, well, I broke the vacuum breaker connection in the back and it'll cost more for the lousy part than to buy a whole new toilet at Bontragers or RV Surplus so I guess I know who I'll be calling today.  Actually, this may be a mixed blessing cause I wanted a taller one anyway and did look at them.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2009, 11:13:42 AM »

Cody,

You have been just fine. Controversy has "followed" you just because (like on Jim's thread) you asked a simple question. Here, well don't worry about it. I sure haven't heard a cranky old guy. You are one of our standby's on here.

And besides of anybody you would have a right to be cranky Grin Grin Grin.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2009, 01:06:36 PM »

Cody, I do like that tile.  And I like the color variations!  Remoinds me of a scene in one of the Cirque du Soleil shows where the man and the woman are doing a slow balancing thing in the marble pool.
Beautiful work Cody...give our best to Libby.
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2009, 02:48:25 PM »

Hi Guy's,

I'm on my 5th year now with Marble floors in my bus that I layed myself with Flexbond. "$50 a bag" Not 1 crack in the marble or the grout lines as of yet!

This was a major concern for me at the time and turned out to be the least of my worries. Cheesy

Good Luck
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: