Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 20, 2014, 06:25:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keeping the board friendly for new members  (Read 4921 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2009, 07:46:22 AM »

Cody is in a bad situation here I think the guy that ask him to run the check on Jim(whom I do not know) should be man enough and have enough balls to step forward and say I ask Cody to do it.
I  have no use for people that hid behind someone doing them a favor.
Cody I don't know what Sam has to do with this Mike K the owner of this board is a good friend of mine and he is not without sin just like the rest of us
This  is starting to upset me now so I will leave it alone       good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
usbusin

'60 PD4104-4355(sold) Now Freightliner Conversion

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2009, 07:55:00 AM »

rv_safetyman wrote:

"since we need to address why we ran what appears to be a legitimate poster off the board.  Yes, his thinking was a bit out of the norm, but we need that kind of thinking.  As an engineer, I looked forward to his work."   
I agree.

rv_safetyman wrote:
"Cody posted some very strong comments about criminal conviction. I am reasonably certain that those comment pertained to Sam Walker and not the poster.  However, if you read the post it would suggest that the poster had a criminal background."
This is what I thought.

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
cody

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2009, 08:03:32 AM »

This is getting tiring, when you decide on an appropriate punishment let me know, meanwhile entertain yourselves with a walk thru the austin texas court records or the spicewood texas court records, of course the possibility does exist that another individual, same age, same name lived there at the same exact time and left at the same exact time, anything is possible I guess.
Blacksheep

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2009, 08:08:11 AM »

If your going to do backround checks on each new person that comes here, how about starting with some old members that portray themselves as to more than what they are? I know a few that go to church every Sunday but lie on Monday! To me they are just as much criminals as the next!
So how about it? Who and where do I send my list of wannabees, yes those that wish they had a bus and come here preaching the facts they know nothing about?
Maybe some of you worryer's should concentrate more on your own business! How about working on your own relic for a change! How about asking questions rather than cut thoase down that have been where you only wish you could be?
And I too am sorry for the way some of you candy coat your remarks only to get a dig in! Shows just  how much class YOU REALLY have!

Ace
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2009, 08:18:01 AM »

As long as discussion is kept civil there is no need to lock the thread.

The information Cody related was regarding criminal convictions of the original poster for consumer fraud.  That said, I know several people with criminal convictions that are good people now.  Is Jim G. one of those or was he setting up people here for a scam?  I have no idea.  As I have said, the situation would have been better reported to the moderators instead of published.  But it is water under the bridge and the best we can achieve now is to handle them appropriately in the future.

Personally I too would very much like whoever the person was who asked Cody to do the check, and hence put him in this tough situation, to step up and take responsibility.  Not that it would undo anything, but it would be the responsible thing to do considering the position it has put Cody in.
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2009, 08:23:52 AM »

Cody, this is really very simple.  You have labeled the poster a criminal.  You now have eluded to some Austin court records.  Court records should be public.  Give us the link.  

We all would like to be protected from the possibility of being defrauded.  If you have the information that will protect us, we owe you a big thanks.  However, do us a favor and give us the links so that we can make our own decisions.

If the poster was found guilty of some crime that does not impact us, and has served his time, then we should not concern ourselves with his history.  If he has shown repeated criminal activity, then that is a different story.  BIG PROBLEM IS we don't know what he did.

We are all big folks and can make judgments on how to protect ourselves.   It is great to have factual data on which to base our judgment.  In the case of Sam Walker, there were lots of signals that jumped up.  His customer stories, the court records, etc.  His impact was direct on our hobby.  He scammed bus people and we all needed to be warned.  And indeed we were warned with FACTUAL data.  

The poster deserves the same treatment.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
cody

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2009, 08:25:11 AM »

Mike, anything I've ever done I've owned up to, this is no exception.  Just use a new rope.  Everyone can do thier own research, I'm done with it.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2009, 08:48:34 AM »

Cody, I know you do.  And that wasn't my point.  I really do mean that the person who asked you to do the check should step forward as a matter of doing the right thing.

As I have stated from the beginning, what happened is water under the bridge and I am not suggesting anybody be penalized and nobody should leave.  We just all need to focus on NOT attacking each other or new members from here forward.  It's that simple, no rope needed.
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2009, 10:17:04 AM »

As a member of this board I will post my opinion:
It is very admirable to want to protect this board,as well as the members from those that seek to do harm .
the mistake was not insuring that it was done in private,and the results handed to the moderators for judgment.
Now that this is public,every thing concerning this should be brought out into the light.
All the White Washing is not going to last very long and will not make this go away.
I think an issue made public,deserves a public answer,no apologies,just a good explanation would suffice so this unfortunate incident can be put to rest,and move on to better things.
All but one that are were involved have commented,whats fair,is fair,and now it is Mr/Mrs X 's turn to step up and accept the responsibility for starting this mess ,unintentionally or not.
If this is not done ,I am afraid there is a big cover up and we are all being deceived here.After all we are all human and make miscalculations,so humble thy self and come forward ,then let's move on ,shall we?

Luv and respect to all
    Van     
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 10:49:27 AM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2009, 10:47:30 AM »

I've been out of town...what happened?
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2009, 01:10:15 PM »

Jack and others, the main thread that got all of this mess started was:  http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=12016.0

It will take you some time to  work your way through all of the posts of that thread and this one.  Not a very pretty picture for this board. 

Hopefully this is just a blip and we will get past it, but some of us are pretty darned upset.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2009, 01:29:38 PM »

Was there a post or two deleted or edited on this or the other thread?  I keep seeing where Jim supposedly was involved in some sort of consumer fraud if I read it right...however nothing to back it up.  I thought I read at one point that he had stirred up some sort of trouble on other boards...the link(s) I followed certainly did not bare that out.
I thought the guy had some good looking information...and got kicked it where it hurts bad!  Of course that was my impression...and in my world sometimes 'impressions' wind up being what is remembered. 
Now I am not a lawyer...I used to work for some and quit that...too slimy for me...however I think some of the moderators here need to read this whole thing from a less personal prospective and ask themselves if they took the personalities or friendships out of the equasion...would they have handled it differently.  Not trying to tick anyone off here...you moderators do a great service here...and I thank you for that!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2009, 02:37:28 PM »

Just to make sure that it is clear, when Jack talks about "Jim", it is not me Smiley Smiley.

Folks have called me a lot of things, but I do not have a criminal record Wink

The other Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2009, 06:54:35 PM »

If a reader doesn't question the credibility of what they read, they deserve to be misled & ill-informed.

When anyone makes a statement, they should be prepared for it to be scrutinized. The bolder the statement, the bolder the scrutiny.

And, if ANYONE posts a report worthy of NASA, they should expect it's credibility to be questioned intently. If not questioned, then no one took it seriously. A calm & rational response goes a long way to establish confidence from the audience. Childish insults & name calling erode ones credibility at a copious rate.

A newbie is one who hasn't established a reputation yet, so they should be prepared to answer questions to fill in the blanks.
If someone suspects a 'predator', wouldn't it be better to pose questions & let the 'villian' drown themselves in the mud rather than trying to hold their head down? You don't get dirty that way.

The frequent posters have reputations & that tint their postings, some for the good, some for the bad, & some for the ugly.  Shocked

Some of the pigeon holes I use for classifying posters are;
knowledgeable, idiot, unknown/ undecided, bully, cry baby, pious, self righteous, lost, crazy, closed minded, open minded, friend I'd like to meet.

I'm sure we all do some form of judging others, that can be a good thing & it can also bite you in the @$$.

Maybe it's just me, but when someone posts a link to back up their position & when you follow it - it doesn't, I figure the one that posted the link is clueless.
Simply saying "the information is out there, look it up for yourself" what I'd expect to hear from a confidence man.

I've met lots at rallys that like reading my posts, I'm guessing that those that don't like my posts either avoid me, have the good manners to say nothing, or just lie.  Grin
Most of them don't post & their reasons are varied, but I sometimes think they are the smart ones.  Wink

Maybe this fellow will rise from the ashes, come back & provide some answers. . . . . maybe not . . . .

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2009, 04:12:39 AM »

Just to make sure that it is clear, when Jack talks about "Jim", it is not me Smiley Smiley.
The other Jim

Most definitely not Jim Shepherd.  I probably should have wrote Jim G. (I don't remember th spelling of his last name).

What's done is done, good or bad, it cannot be changed.  Please, let's all learn from our mistakes, move on, and do better in the future.  Name calling or inuendos by anyone seem to always cause hard feelings.  Jim G is welcome to post and clear up any misconcetions if he so wishes.   That said, I am moving on and will not add any more to this thread.  Others are welcome to join me.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: