Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 15, 2014, 05:59:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wilmington, NC scrap yard buses  (Read 1128 times)
ArtGill

Ignore
« on: May 24, 2009, 06:44:43 AM »

Going through Wilmington, NC Friday I noticed a lot with a number of buses in it.  I was by the lot before I could get a good look and couldn't turn around and go back.  It was on US 17, south of the Cape Fear River, past the Battleship NC going North.  Is there anyone in Wilmington that would like to investigate?  I need a starter, selinorde, and relay to replace my air start on a 6V92TA.  My look was so quick I'm not sure if they were transits or highway buses or what.  It may be a source for parts, engines, etc.

Art

Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 05:19:06 PM »

Art,
What voltage are you looking for ?? I would assume 24V, but have been incorrect way too many times in my life. I have a solenoid I removed as it was intermittent, it would get you going but I would not rely on it. Not sure it would be worth the postage. I am in NJ, but was down Rt 17 in that exact location, but at night. Great area, looking to go back.

I will see what may be available. I will be cruising the yards in the next 2 weeks.

Gary

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
ArtGill

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 05:25:42 PM »

I'm 12 v.  Eagle Model 20 NJT5617.   Art

Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 03:22:31 AM »

GM Art,

The one I have is a 24 volt unit. I will check this week.

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: