Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 10:54:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuck 2 carrier aircon units on the roof of our bus...pics  (Read 5335 times)
Beatenbo

1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2006, 10:32:44 AM »

I will drop the subject, but you missed the whole ? I am much aware of the hook up. I am on my 10th bus and have built 2 houses I'm not trying to be creative or use a cheater box. You can take high tension wire and a transformer and pull as may amps as the transformer, wiring gauge, breaker,ect will allow. If you wire a 240 stove or dryer in a residence a normal 10 gauge wire30 amp on each leg would do. I know RV is different.  Simple 1 leg of 120v 50 amp 240 supplies 50amp the hot side of 30 is 30amp. 20 amps more same voltage. Done!
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2006, 11:24:37 AM »

I am sorry, but in my opinion house wiring and RV wiring are the same and I really do not understand this statement at all.

Simple 1 leg of 120v 50 amp 240 supplies 50amp the hot side of 30 is 30amp. 20 amps more same voltage. Done!

Richard

I will drop the subject, but you missed the whole ? I am much aware of the hook up. I am on my 10th bus and have built 2 houses I'm not trying to be creative or use a cheater box. You can take high tension wire and a transformer and pull as may amps as the transformer, wiring gauge, breaker,ect will allow. If you wire a 240 stove or dryer in a residence a normal 10 gauge wire30 amp on each leg would do. I know RV is different.  Simple 1 leg of 120v 50 amp 240 supplies 50amp the hot side of 30 is 30amp. 20 amps more same voltage. Done!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2006, 12:29:12 PM »

I am sorry, but in my opinion house wiring and RV wiring are the same and I really do not understand this statement at all.

Simple 1 leg of 120v 50 amp 240 supplies 50amp the hot side of 30 is 30amp. 20 amps more same voltage. Done!

Richard

Richard, I agree that house wiring and RV wiring are exactly the same EXCEPT for bonding the neutral which we have discussed to death for years.

Len

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2006, 01:22:55 PM »

Yes, and that is only due to the different power sources, I believe. i.e. shore, genset and inverter.
Richard

Richard

Richard, I agree that house wiring and RV wiring are exactly the same EXCEPT for bonding the neutral which we have discussed to death for years.

Len

Len
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 05:17:34 PM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
prevosman

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2006, 02:06:38 PM »

The bonded neutral is typically a local code issue and is not a universal practice.

When temporary power outlets are produced the neutral and ground are not bonded, but the provision for bonding is provided with the outlet so the installer can do so to meet the local requirements.

I think the applicable standard for temporary power outlets is UL230 in case anybody needs something to read to get to sleep tonight.

Jon Wehrenberg
Knoxville TN
1997 Prevost Liberty
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: