Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 26, 2014, 12:44:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MC5  (Read 2785 times)
Airbag

MC5
« on: May 26, 2009, 02:12:46 PM »

Hello all you 5 owners. I was wondering if we should start our own forum to help support each other with service info and parts. This would not be a substitute for this great place but rather a support network just for the MC5's, parts are getting impossible to find and putting our heads together cannot hurt. What are your thoughts?
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 03:20:27 PM »

Airbag, What part is not common to a MCI 9? The winsheilds a 8. Not sure there are many 5 only parts. Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
Tom Y

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 03:21:55 PM »

Sorry , forgot the dropbox. But you can steal one from a Eagle.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 03:41:34 PM »

Hi Rick,

There are more of us than you can imagine and although we're perhaps not as active as we were one were we're still here.

There was an MC5 group over on Yahoo.com a while ago but the priome mover of the group passed away and I haven't checked in lately.

Most of what you need in the way of info is right here....parts ...perhaps as well. But if you just want to jaw-jack about MC5's...we'll join you wherever you'd like...the chat room or wherever.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Airbag

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 04:22:39 PM »

Airbag, What part is not common to a MCI 9? The winsheilds a 8. Not sure there are many 5 only parts. Tom Y

Almost every part I've tried to locate so far has been exclusive to the 5. Baggage doors, baggage door striker catch, tell tale gauge, turn signal light casings, rear center window emergency latch, skins, etc.. all these things are impossible to find. I have contacted many many bus parts dealers and salvage yards and they all say the same thing " sorry used to have a couple of fives but we sent them to the smelter long ago".
Tom Y

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 04:31:21 PM »

Yes, you are right about the body parts. I was not thinking of them. What year is your 5? Mine uses the same catch as a 9, I think. I also have some 5 parts to part with. Alumium rub rails, condensor door, tail lights.  Tom

Tom Yaegle
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 06:14:18 PM »

In the quest for parts or info for my 5C , I prefer the combined resources of this board. JIm

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
christopher

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 06:29:05 PM »

tom
I am interested in the condensor door. send me an email and let me know what you have to sell
thanks
chris
mci5c
capeislands@gmail.com
Airbag

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 06:57:08 PM »

Yes, you are right about the body parts. I was not thinking of them. What year is your 5? Mine uses the same catch as a 9, I think. I also have some 5 parts to part with. Alumium rub rails, condensor door, tail lights.  Tom

Mine is 1965 MC5A. I would love to have the rub rail if it the stuff just above baggage doors. I am missing the piece that raps around the starboard side at the rear. But I'll buy what ever you want to sell. I also am interest in what you want to sell.
Tom Y

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 04:14:35 AM »

Airbag, I used my corner rub rails but removed the sides. I will need to look to see what else is up there.

Chris, I sent an email to you.   Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
Fredward

MC-5A #5401 8" roof raise 8V71 with MT647

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 11:12:15 AM »

My two cents is we're already here and we should probably stay here. If you look at the board statistics, there are a lot of MC-5 owners here on the MAK board. I was surprised. Anytime you need help, put out an MC-5 All Points Bulletin  Wink and we'll flock to your aid.

My -5 was so beat up the previous owner totally reskinned, raised the roof and put in RV windows. The only familiar thing left on the exterior is the front stainless bumper, and breastplate containing the headlights and windshields. Baggage doors are gone engine room doors are gone everything has been replaced with fabricated pieces. Unfortunately it doesn't look like an MC-5 anymore but fortunately the parts that might need replacing are the ones that are common to the MCI platform. And if you know busses, there is still no question about what it is.

FRed

Fred Thomson
busshawg

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 01:09:06 PM »

Hey Airbag, if you start your MC5 forum you won't get the publicity you maybe would need to find some parts.

During my travels I believe I have come across a MC5 that looks to be complete. It is only a few miles from where I work. I am hoping to go verify this as I have just found out who the owner is and now have thier number. I will be contacting them in a few days, looks like they are using it for storage.

Grant

Have Fun!!
Grant
Airbag

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 01:23:28 PM »

Hey Airbag, if you start your MC5 forum you won't get the publicity you maybe would need to find some parts.

During my travels I believe I have come across a MC5 that looks to be complete. It is only a few miles from where I work. I am hoping to go verify this as I have just found out who the owner is and now have thier number. I will be contacting them in a few days, looks like they are using it for storage.

Grant

Grant
That would be great maybe they will part it out.

Thanks
skihor

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 05:04:37 PM »

We have a 5A and would be interested in some parts.
on & Sheila
D
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 07:40:07 PM »

I have a 68 5A and am looking for an original steering wheel and also the tube and spring type of bay door struts that were only used on the 5B.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Hobe

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 05:43:45 AM »

I have some 5 skins that are not made any more. And molding that goes around the belt line. I have been try to give it away for years. Also front corner lights. If not gone soon it will be junked for scrap. Fred Noth Florida Bus Conversion.
Airbag

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 05:47:25 AM »

I have some 5 skins that are not made any more. And molding that goes around the belt line. I have been try to give it away for years. Also front corner lights. If not gone soon it will be junked for scrap. Fred Noth Florida Bus Conversion.

Hi Fred
I would like to have it. I have Yellow actt. I sent you an e-mail
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 06:24:45 AM by Airbag » Logged
Tom Y

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2009, 04:48:50 AM »

Airbag, Sorry I am so slow getting back to you. Chris talked like he wanted a couple things. I will get together what I have and start a new topic.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2009, 05:05:36 AM »

You guys could always try calling Sam Caylor. I was just down there, and he said that he had some 5 parts, and stuff.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Airbag

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2009, 08:08:15 AM »

John
I have bought some stuff from Sam but he has tossed most of his MC5 stuff. He is a great guy to do business with. I will call him again just for fun maybe he found some bits.

Tom
No problem with that. The wheels grind very slowly in the MC5 parts world  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 08:10:21 AM by Airbag » Logged
Tom Y

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2009, 12:02:24 PM »

Rick, True about the wheels. But I plan to clean up around here as I am not working. So this summer I hope to strip the 9 bay doors and other stuff to be ready if scrap goes up.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
busshawg

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 02:44:42 PM »

Okay I went and looked at this parts bus to see what it is. It is a 1971 MC7. They said they would sell parts. I looks mostly complete except for the motor and transmission. They said it was alright to post thier number.

It is 204-239-6656 and they are located close to Portage La Prairie, Manitoba. Ask for Wanda.

Have Fun!!
Grant
Airbag

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 05:45:16 PM »

Okay I went and looked at this parts bus to see what it is. It is a 1971 MC7. They said they would sell parts. I looks mostly complete except for the motor and transmission. They said it was alright to post thier number.

It is 204-239-6656 and they are located close to Portage La Prairie, Manitoba. Ask for Wanda.

Thank you sir
I think the 7 shared some of the same parts one being the rear window latch that I am looking for.
skolbibp

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 10:38:04 AM »

IBP manufactures replacement body panels for the coaches.  We also supply the aluminum rub rails for the MC5C.  There are a variety of other parts available.  Call Steve @ 1-800-468-5287 x232.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: