Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
September 21, 2017, 03:42:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: blown tire on toad, what a mess  (Read 3526 times)
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 11:12:21 AM »

we found that we should unplug the PressurePro when camped. A cool night causes enough of a pressure drop in the toad tires to set off the alarm, usually about 4 AM LOL
[/quote]

Same deal with propane if you have two tanks, 3:30a.m. or 400 a.m. everytime.  On each occassion when I have blown a tire, they have been over five years old, the compounds inside in the sidewalls start to deteriorate and then the problems occur.  Best to shop 'em out at five, when you add in expensive bodywork, it is cheaper in the long run

BCO

http://boxcarokie.com/
Sometimes hilarious.   
Sometimes serious. 
Always entertaining. 
Accept no substitutes.
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 12:46:48 PM »

[I don't understand, must be a unwritten rule of life, when something (in my case it was propane) it always in the wee hours of the morn.  And when you are standing there in your underwear, a jogger will appear, who jogs at four in the morn anyway?

BCO
[/quote]

http://boxcarokie.com/
Sometimes hilarious.   
Sometimes serious. 
Always entertaining. 
Accept no substitutes.
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Found another Bus= '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 07:52:21 PM »

We are glad you and yours are ok. M&C

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
RV Park MGRS/ Sans End RV Park
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
'77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71
rusty

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2009, 08:54:03 AM »

When the tire on my Jeep came apart on a two lane road in Kansas the trucker behind me was not so nice. I was traveling the speed limit with this truck behind me for about 10 miles. He had to see the tire come apart but must have been mad at me for just going the speed limit. The first small town we got to I pulled over and let him by. If it was not for a young kid in the small town that flaged me down the out come might have been very different. Thanks to Jim I now own a complete set of Pressure Pros and don't have to rely on someone else. Also it makes it a lot easier to check the tire presure every day.

Wayne

David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 06:31:03 PM »

After about 3 hours of bending, hammering, prying, grinding, sanding to bare metal, 6 applications of bondo and the appropriate sanding, I got the fender looking pretty darn good.  I took it to the paint shop and for $200 I'll have it looking almost like new.   If I had insurance the whole side of the truck bed would have to be replaced.  That all looks like a unibody bed.   Who knows?, they may have had to replace the whole bed.

Anyway,  I sure wish I had bought new tires before I left home.  I gambled and lost.

David
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: