Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 08:29:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update from Doug with the PD4106 - Part......  (Read 2409 times)
BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2009, 06:31:35 PM »

Fellow BusNuts,

It is with a much uplifted spirit that I write to you from Omaha, Nebraska.  Gainfully employed (actually very gainfully employed) and longing for my bus (after only being here for a month).  My family and I made the BIG move here on April 19th, took four days to drive to Omaha and landed with some very good new friends until we found a house to rent six days later.  I started work on April 27th and we started down the long road to recovering from the last two years.  Since I truly am a nut, and due in big part because I just miss the old girl, my wife and I both agreed that we need the bus in our possession, fixed and ready to be our road house for vacations, Saturday outings to Mahoney Park, Lincoln or whatever.  So, I hope all are well on the forum, I very much look forward to catching back up, and oh yeah, Dallas, your services will be needed in the very near future.

We want our bus in Omaha!

God Bless,

Doug (formerly of Oregon but now from Nebraska).

Go Huskers!

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

Hoping for the open road someday in our PD4106-1035!

Check out our family blog:  www.TheFergyFarm.com
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 07:32:33 PM »

BigDougInNebraska your ears must have been burning.  Several of us have been wondering where you were and what your intentions were.  Glad to hear you have landed on your feet.  Now go get that bus from Tucson before it melts in the summer heat.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 08:30:48 PM »

Doug, the 8v71 heads are here at my place if you find you need them       good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 09:42:56 PM »

Doug, you are a Cornhusker now!!    I grew up two hours west of you.    Good luck with the engine inframe or??
BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 02:59:39 PM »

BigDougInNebraska your ears must have been burning.  Several of us have been wondering where you were and what your intentions were.  Glad to hear you have landed on your feet.  Now go get that bus from Tucson before it melts in the summer heat.

Yes, they were burning Bob.  Good to hear from you.  I am still working out the money side of the adventure but it should come together over the next couple of months.

Edmund Burke

BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 03:01:33 PM »

Doug, the 8v71 heads are here at my place if you find you need them       good luck

We might Clifford, but I have no idea how I would get them from you now.  I will keep you in the loop.  Thanks for holding on to those for me.

Edmund Burke

BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 03:03:11 PM »

Doug, you are a Cornhusker now!!    I grew up two hours west of you.    Good luck with the engine inframe or??

Two hours.....that must be around North Platte?  Nice area.  We really like Nebraska so far.  Different weather but nice people, cheap utilities and good booze in every store (even Costco and Sams Club!).  Life is pretty good.

Edmund Burke

Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 05:18:41 PM »

Doug;

Glad to hear you heat the ground running, sorry I can't help out this time but I wish you and your family all the best. Dallas will get you fixed up the right way. If I can supply any parts let me know.

Don
TEAKNE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 05:55:38 PM »

Doug,
 Welcome to Nebraska! I live about 20 minutes south of Omaha and wish you well here in Husker Land. I moved here from Ohio in 81 but still love my Buckeyes!!!

No Husker Fan Here.
Todd
LarryN 4106

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 06:20:13 PM »

Doug, you are in my home town, although FATE took me away in the early 70's, first out west to Broken Bow, then STL, then back to Broken Bow and now to the Ozarks of Southern MO. If you think North Platte is 2 hours west, that would be in some sort of aircraft.

I will tell the story of a sailing friend from San Francisco. He sailed SF Bay and was California thru and thru. He worked in Data Processesing for Union Pacific. He was 5 years from retirement when they moved his whole operation back to headquarters in OMA. He was devastated. His life was OVER. At first, he was just toughing it out until his retirement. He even left his boat in SF.       Fast forward 15 years.....guess where he still lives???

There is a great STate Park at Two Rivers about 30 minutes west of OMA on WEst Center Road. We actually drove our bus up there last fall (while our Nebraska friends were heading to Missouri). My wife loves that area. There are many great State Parks. Our favorite is Merritt Reservoir out in the ranch country near Valentine, with one of the great scenic rivers to canoe (the Niobrara).

My parents are in their mid eighties and still live at the home they built in Omaha.

Yes, absolutely, go Huskers.
BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 03:24:44 PM »

Doug;

Glad to hear you heat the ground running, sorry I can't help out this time but I wish you and your family all the best. Dallas will get you fixed up the right way. If I can supply any parts let me know.

Don

Will do Don.  Thanks for the kind words.  I have every confidence in Dallas and I can't wait to meet him and get the bux fixed!

Edmund Burke

BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 03:27:17 PM »

If you think North Platte is 2 hours west, that would be in some sort of aircraft.

Not too good with distances, but I do try.  I know the feeling about this place.  We are already in love.

Edmund Burke

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 06:10:48 PM »

Nebraska is one LONG state, but Wyoming is almost as bad.  On my yearly trip out west we start from Minneapolis in the evening in part so we can be halfway across Nebraska by daylight.  Nebraska is flat and boring.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 01:49:41 PM »

I'm in the south central part of the state Doug, roughly 3 hours out of Omaha.Glad to hear your wardrobe will have a lot of red in it from now on!!!  Cheesy Actually Nebraska has some really awesome places to go with the bus. If you just stay on I 80 you'll never see much but the Platte River valley and adjacent farm ground. Make sure you check out the zoo. It's incredible. Welcome to Huskerland. Later

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
BigDougInOregon

Dulcius Ex Asperis!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 06:14:24 PM »

Yep, can't wait to get the bus back and visit the countryside.  If you are ever in Omaha, let me know so we can meet.

Edmund Burke

rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 07:18:51 AM »

Doug, I was thinking about your new adventure and wondering how you were doing (personal and bus).  If you get the time, give us an update.

In this thread, it was mentioned that you might need to get heads from Clifford.  I hope to be in Quartzsite in Jan. and could pick them up from him then.  It looks like we will be heading to IA in late April and I could drop them off.

Let us know if we can get something to you to get you on the road.

Boy do I know what a bummer it is to have a bus that is out of service. Angry

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: