Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 01, 2014, 04:54:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK I Hate Bodywork I need bus painting 101  (Read 6938 times)
Dallas

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 05:19:40 AM »

Thanks Paul.
poppi

mci 8 L10 ZF tranmission; helena

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 07:08:58 AM »

John,

"Have BubbaGal help ya.  She worked for seven years in a ...."

You feel better now?

Dallas
     Hope you pic document well and show us.
     Clean clean clean......... The PO didn't and now I have a lot of touch up area's  Tongue
      Good luck.

Skip

Snow disappeared......Now where did I put that bus?
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2009, 09:26:50 AM »

Skip,

YES!  How bout you?

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
poppi

mci 8 L10 ZF tranmission; helena

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2009, 09:54:27 AM »

JohnED:  Well it is snowing right now and I was going to do some laminant today.
 Guess that won't happen  Angry

I guess it is like a lot of things in life........just keep moving forward.

Looked at the bus this weekend to see what I could work on first.......
    everytime I go out there something else ends up needing to be fixed oh the humanity Undecided
   Ever see a bus slowly dissintegrate in front of your eyes Shocked

Hey Dallas once you get the painting thing figured out will you be taking on
 weekend shoots?   Cool  I can prep..... maybe..... if I have to

Skip

Snow disappeared......Now where did I put that bus?
Dallas

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2009, 12:09:56 PM »

Skip,
As a painter, I figure I make a pretty good mechanic, or maybe a rocket surgeon. I doubt that anyone would want me splattwering paint on their hard work.

But if you want to come down here and offer to prep, I would be happy to hook you up with a 30 or 50 Amp space, and maybe even the beverage of your choice. At least the snow is over here and the pool is almost up to 90°
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2009, 10:20:06 PM »

Skip,

Well said!  And correct.

Hope you get some decent weather so you can bear down on it.  I don't have your snow excuse but I share that feeling that the thing is disintegrating in front of you.

I recently, within weeks, have removed and replaced my Dometic Refridge, riped out the old stove and oven and installed a new range and oven....Magic Chief no less, striped the oak floor and "hand rubbed" polyurethane on it....looks great, Replaced the brake master cylinder and rebuilt the air over hydraulics,  Replaced lining front and back and turned the drums and replaced all the wheel cylinders, Replaced a mile of rusted brake line (thanks PA salted roads)Ripped out the toilet and bath floor, installed a power vent, removed a gas tank and had it boiled and fiberglassed and after it leaked again I re fiberglassed it and reinstalled it, Rebuilt my steering gear, built a cabnet for the bath, Re did all my power cords and replaced all adapters, reran all my copper gas lines, and repacked all wheel bearings.    AND I STILL FEEL SWAMPED and that I am falling behind.  Yes, I identify with your feelings.

Hang in there.  Helena will warm up shortly.  Have you heard about global warming?  HTR will fill you in. Huh Roll Eyes Grin Grin Grin Grin

Be well and happy, earthling,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: