Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 28, 2014, 12:13:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: July 4th gatering at Palmetto Cove  (Read 4438 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2009, 07:02:06 PM »

July 4th is just around the corner.

Several of us will be at Palmetto Cove for July 4th weekend. I'll be there for as much of the week before as work will allow.  Cool

Come one, come all. No reservations needed, they don't take 'em anyway since they have never been filled.

There won't be anything planned. Covered dish meals will be encouraged. Those with musical talents will be allowed to serenade us. And, B.S. will be in abundant supply. (bus stories, of course  Wink )

Bring your motor bikes as there are fun roads to exercise them on up there.

All the parking is good, but I prefer close to the road.

Hope to see lots of y'all there!

Anyone care to share other good ideas as to what else to do while there?

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 07:05:06 PM »

This may be a silly question, but, what state is Palmetto Cove in..... Huh

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 07:09:19 PM »

Sorry about that . . . .  Embarrassed

http://www.palmettocove.com/

Palmetto Cove RV park is in South Carolina.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 08:20:59 PM »

I really wish we were able to make it.  Palmetto Cove is a really neat place and the fun is wonderful.  Too bad we are a bit too far away and don't get enough time off to make the trip.  Have fun everyone!

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
JohnVickrey

1960 PD 4104-4541

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 07:17:43 PM »

Can't make the July 4th gathering.  We will be in Michigan.....  Hope you are still having another in October???

John Vickrey   -   Dearing, GA
About 2 hours East of ATL on I-20 and 4 miles south of I-20.
Got Electricity and Water for 4-5 coaches.  Less that a mile to a
dumpstation.  Stop by and sit a spell.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 05:19:09 AM »

Hi Hohn,
Yes, the October Non Rally is going to be Oct 9th - 11th. Early arrivals can begin on Oct 4th.

Blacksheep

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 05:25:01 AM »

Hey John, you still got those video's on you tube from the rally we were at? Just curious as to where they could be seen if you still have them!
Also, if we don't have a july 4th event to do, there might be a possibilty that we may be going somewhere north and the Cove was mentioned as a stopping place! All depends on the event (one has been cancelled) and my work where there has been none lately which means no money and our travelling leader! He decides where we stop! LOL

Ace
sweeney153

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 07:21:38 AM »

That looks like a great place. I wish I could get there but I have a family reunion on Long Island. Maybe in October Hopefully I will be far enough along to use the bus.

Warwick NY
1964 4106-2703 8V71 Spicer 4 speed
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 07:49:19 PM »

Excuses.... Sad  
We'll be at the October non-rally, but July 4th has us at the Red, White, and Bluegrass Festival in Morganton, NC.  
Morganton in July will be an interesting week without a power pole!   Oh well, the generator needs some exercise.  
Hope it isn't a 90* plus week!   It was last year.... Tongue
Y'all have a big July 4th!   See you in October!

JR

« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 07:57:02 PM by NJT5047 » Logged

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 09:38:32 AM »

Anyone have a good charcoal grill they can bring for properly cooking the hamburgers?

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 06:18:22 AM »

Update

We can probably use Palmetto Hall as required through out the weekend.
I have reserved the shelter Saturday & we will have access to the grills all day.

I'm gonna bring a BBQ pork shoulder & some ice cream churns. My 12 year old will need some assistance in cranking the churn.  Wink
Mom is going to make blueberry ice cream & possibly some peach.
Does anyone want to bring their favorite?

Looks like a dozen units so far. . . . .
Dexter, I hope you & yours can be there!  Grin  Cool
Gary, looking forward to seeing you & Linda again.
Steve, I haven't heard from you lately . . . . .  Grin

Kentucky Steve

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 07:31:34 PM »

Kyle, you can count Deb and I in.  That is, as long as we don't get one of those anonymous non- existent sent/ didn't send emails ....asking us not to attend.....lol........ Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

I am still planning on bringing the ribs and I need to get a new ice cream freezer too.  While I enjoy the ole hand cranking I think I will stick to reeling out the electric cord for the churner...... but I will give the kids a break every now and then.... Grin

Deb took the whole week off before the 4Th and we were planning to be there the whole week but her niece is having surgery on Wed. and in lite of the phone service down at the cove Deb wants to wait to get the results from the Doc.  So we will be leaving Lexington some time Wed afternoon the week prior to the 4Th.

Kentucky Steve and Deb
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 05:56:50 AM »

Steve,
Looking forward to seeing you again.
We'll be keeping Deb's niece in our thoughts & prayers.

Now, if we can just get a certain couple a few states south to to dust off the rust & ride those wings on up . . . . . .  Grin  Cool

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 06:24:03 AM »

Kyle, what is the weather there on the 4th a couple of us Eagle owners not going to the Ennis Mountain Rally are thinking about heading east,if you guys don't mind the sound of Eagles rusting at night. 
You get flowing water and Eagle rust it a soothing sound  lol     

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 07:56:30 AM »

The weather will be PERFECT! (as it always is in God's country  Wink )

Bring those Eagles on over. According to past history, Eagles don't rust while at The Cove. Not a single spec of rust has ever been found there!

Anyone bringing kids? Mine are 12 & 14. I can bring the water bottle rocket launcher if there is any interest. (bring 2 liter soda bottles to build the rockets).

I've also got a marshmellow 'gun' they can play with. . .

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: