Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 19, 2014, 09:32:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: July 4th gatering at Palmetto Cove  (Read 4648 times)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2009, 04:25:19 AM »

Kyle,

I hope everyone is having fun at your gaTering(see subject) Wink

I had to work a double yesterday, so maybe I am a little jealous of your RELAXING.

Today is a work on the coach day...So I will be there in spirit....Have Fun and Happy 4th of July.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2009, 01:38:08 PM »

Me, Dianne, Zoe and Gizmo just got in.  The most relaxing weekend we have had since we got married.
Ya'll that were not there missed Lila Ashe do a very nice rendition of The 23rd Psalm!

The eats were GREAT!  Thanks Kyle, thanks Kyle's MOM!

Gots to go for now!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2009, 01:44:12 PM »

Jack,

Tami and I  envy you being around Leroy and Lila Ash, They are very special people.

John and Tami.
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2009, 01:50:43 PM »

John, it was a true pleasure and quite an honor to be in their company!
You are right!
I had not met them, however Kyle had told me about them...WOW. what a couple!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2009, 03:49:58 PM »

The Gathering was a blast! We had a dozen units show up (& about twice that much food).

To those that missed it, you sure did!

As good as the food was, the company was better!!  Cool

The 3pm ice cream social ended up being a 4:30 milk shake mixerShocked
(It must have been some warm ice . . . .  Roll Eyes )

For those interested, the recipe for Palmetto BusNuts Ice Cream:

1 pkg (4.3oz) instant vanilla pudding
1 can of sweetened condensed milk (cold)
Same amount of milk (cold)
tsp vanilla extract
cup of whipping cream (cold)

2 cups fresh blueberries (or other favorite fruit)
cup sugar

Puree blueberries & sugar in blender & chill in fridge.
Combine pudding mix, condensed milk, milk, vanilla extract & whipping cream in a bowl until pudding powder is dissolved.

Mix in fruit & freeze by:

Placing in freezer & stirring every few minutes as needed.
-OR-
Place in ice cream churn, add ice & salt to the bucket, and then crank until frozen.

Makes about 2 quarts.

(Double or triple as required for churn size)

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
rgrauto

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2009, 04:12:23 PM »

Just to second Jack and Kyle's opinions about the gathering this weekend at Palmetto Cove.  If you were not there you missed a good time and the company of some wonderful people.  We really enjoyed it.

We had some clutch problems on the MCI5a, but we made it home safely.  Clutch worked fine, just a little noisy. I see a clutch replacement in the near future.  Any suggestions, the place to purchase clutch kit, a rough estimate of price, tips, what you did, etc. 

Once again thanks everyone for a special weekend.  Thanks Gary, enjoyed playing music. 

'til the next time,

Glen and Patsy
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2009, 04:59:45 PM »

Sure did enjoy the tunes!

Glad to hear you made it home OK.

You missed a good 'deja vu' lunch.   Wink

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
gm4106

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2009, 05:15:49 PM »

This was our first visit with this group; I wish we had gone sooner.  The ride out there was beautiful, once we got there the view was even better.  We brought food to cook for the weekend.  Much to the wife's suprise she didn't have to cook once.  The meals were great and the desserts were sinful.  Ed & Ann made the best breakfast, Deb says she will never cook an omelet in a pan ever again.  While Deb was grateful for the sharing of receipts I was grateful for the sharing of bus knowledge.  I can't remember when we have had such a good time with a wonderful bunch of people. We will definitely be at the rally in October, however we will be making a few trips out there before that.  

Thanks again to everyone for great food, music, laughs, sharing and above all the great company.

PS - A note for Gary & Steve my wife will only polish bumpers & wheels on a GM bus, since you both own a s.o.b. you will have to use your own elbow grease.

Bob & Deb Baldwin
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 05:19:08 PM by gm4106 » Logged

GM PD4106-1689 8V71TA  V730
Mount Holly,NC
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2009, 05:18:13 PM »

We had a great time as well as those attending.  This is the first time I have not taken photos of our rally this weekend in all the years we have been busnuts.  I just wanted to socialize as much as I could this time which I never get to do and visit with our friends (Old & New) the entire weekend. I believe Kyle took some photos of the actual buses there and will post them, if he wants to send them to me I will do this also and all he has to do is ask.

We ate so good, had so much fun and man we had the greatest NASCAR race we have seen in a long time with such exciting ending as it was, not to offend any Kyle Fans.

Glen & Patsy (finally) arrived, late Friday night, I could hardly wait for Glen to set up so we could go Jam at the campground shed.  Kyle informed me I had to wait to do that on Saturday since they were traveling all that time to get there.  Man what a great picker he is and friends they are.  I was glad to see in this board he made it home safely, you sure hate these big problems on these big rigs to happen away from home if they have to happen.  Good luck Glen with your repairs and thanks so much again for a great time playing.

Debbie & Steve, it was so great to visit with you guys after coming all the way from Kentucky and the weekend went just too fast.  Lets do this again real soon.

Sarah, Fred, Kyle, Nancy, Anna, Seth, you guys are always such great hosts no matter what size the rally is and this was my most relaxing just to do nothing if I wanted or what ever.  Thanks for having this gathering for us all to be able to attend on July 4th.

Jack & Dianne, such a great couple to visit with and seems like they are in love more than the last time we seen them.

Lila & Leroy, top shelf couple of busnuts that you hope to have the respect for from others to you as we do them.  I have never had a priest or preacher do a better  Sunday sermon than Lila did for us.

Ed & Ann, It is hard not to sound like I'm sucking up but when you spend time with this couple and enjoy their conversation and great, great food and cooking you will think you have to tell everyone to be sure to have them attend your rallies no matter what size.  Oh, allow Ed to make those great (Eggs or Breakfast in a Bag) for the best breakfast of your life.  Before I forget also, congratulations again on your 39th Wedding Anniversary you also spent with us.

Bob & Debbie, we all loved meeting you guys for the fist time, your bus is so beautiful and comfortable.  To see a couple so much into bussing as you two are is sure an inspiration to us all.  Don't forget what I said Debbie.

The host of Palmetto Campground for the weekend, Fred, Sarah, Mike and Joann were just the kind of people you want to greet you and make your stay as comforting as they can.  It was like family all together when we ate together, prayed together and listened to music together.  Mike, your sure missed a great, great ending at the Daytona race.  Oh, I already said that eh?

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend where they were and that you will one day be able to attend camping with us or by your self at Palmetto Cove Campground, Cleveland, SC in your travels.  Tell them Gary Lee sent you, we'll leave the night light on for you.

Gary

« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 05:32:04 PM by Gary LaBombard » Logged

Gary
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2009, 05:25:48 PM »

Gary, Thanks for the compliments. All the stuff is easy to do with such great company.

My pictures didn't turn out so well. Dang it Gary, how do you make it look so easy?

PS - A note for Gary & Steve my wife will only polish bumpers & wheels on a GM bus, since you both own a s.o.b. you will have to use your own elbow grease.
Bob & Deb Baldwin
This is good news, I have a few that definitely need polishing . . . . . .  Grin  Grin

gm4106

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2009, 05:29:26 PM »

Kyle,

Once they are up and burning fuel maybe we can talk.

Bob

GM PD4106-1689 8V71TA  V730
Mount Holly,NC
Kentucky Steve

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2009, 05:59:15 PM »

Hey everybody,

Deb and I just got home.  I have to say we had a great time.  Gary's said it all perfectly and I second it.  We are looking forward to our next trip to the Cove soon.  We talked about it all the way back.

I just want to drop a quick note to everybody that we made it home ok.  I have to go put everything away now........We'll be back as soon as possible.

Thanks for all the great memories

Kentucky Steve and Deb

Gary...I will call as soon as I get a charge in my phone.....

Bob, could you see if Deb will polish my Eagle Bumper if I mount it to one of Kyle's cruiser's .....lol.....

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: