Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 01, 2014, 12:34:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does your wiring resemble this?  (Read 2782 times)
Hartley

Ignore
« on: June 08, 2009, 09:25:54 AM »

I saw this and thought it funny...

I have seen amateur electricians wire up motorhomes like this... Grin Grin

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Tim Strommen
Electronics Geek

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 01:10:25 PM »

Oh Jeez that's scary...  But I guess if you are looking for ONE positive, it looks like they at least labeled the wires...

-T

Fremont, CA
1984 Gillig Phantom 40/102
DD 6V92TA (MUI, 275HP) - Allison HT740
Conversion Progress: 10% (9-years invested, 30 to go Smiley)
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 02:07:11 PM »

What's wrong with that    Huh    Grin

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 02:30:27 PM »

Actually, it's a bit crowded, may be legal, depends on the wire count.  At the very least, adding another extension box would fix it right up.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 07:09:32 PM »

This would be a nightmare to troubleshoot or change any of the wiring.  It may be legal per NEC, but not exactly smart.  Notice that there are already two boxes on top of each other in this situation.

If I saw anything resembling this in a bus I would be questioning the electrical work in the bus.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Blacksheep

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 07:18:51 PM »

Dave you said you wouldn't show the electrical in my bus! Next you will be showing my vent tube! Then what's next? My waste tank! LOL

Ace
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 07:29:19 PM »

Actually, it's a bit crowded, may be legal, depends on the wire count.  At the very least, adding another extension box would fix it right up.

The original email showed maybe 10 boxes stacked on one another.   Should have been labled "How to Burn Your House Down"....
Also showed how to "Y" a dryer vent into the gas hot water heater stack.  Cool concept...
Very informative for the uninformed DIY'er.  Wink

JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Nusa

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 10:11:09 PM »

The thing that's catching my eye is the two places wires appear to be covered only by electrical tape. Perhaps he ran out of twist-connectors?
Airbag

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 11:03:01 PM »

Hum

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 11:03:50 PM »

My house was built in 1910 and still has post and cap single conductor wiring in the walls.  It has been updated by idiots maybe 4 times.  That mess you have looks safe compared to some of the stuff i have ripped out of these walls.  Remember "friction tape"?  ever see 50 year old friction tape?  Nuff said!

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 11:05:38 PM »

Airbag,

That is a pic that was Photoshoped...right?  Speechless! Shocked Tongue

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Airbag

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 11:10:04 PM »

No that's just your basic third world sewer, probably India or Pakistan. I have seen some electricians try to pull that kind of work in our neighborhood and had to call their head office and scream until it was done properly.
Nusa

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 01:08:54 AM »

Post and cap stuff, at least in this country and assuming it was done to the code of the day, is reasonably safe if intact and away from human hands. Ceramic insulators worked fine...we just developed cheaper and labor-saving ways to do the job.
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 02:50:04 AM »

Hum

This is actually Balungaroon India. When you call tech support for your computer, fax, scanner, external hard drive etc, this is where your call goes!!!!    Jim

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Airbag

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 10:19:50 AM »

I probably owe someone an apology here for using the term sewer, I will pull my foot back out of my mouth again and say I am sorry. But you must admit if one was the mayor of that city a bit of improvement is in order.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: