Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
May 25, 2018, 08:13:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What ever happened to the rally in Oregon?  (Read 3330 times)
Jerry32

Ignore
« on: June 09, 2009, 11:57:34 AM »

I don't see it posted anywhere and thought it was in June. Jerry

1988 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 740
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 11:59:34 AM »

http://www.busnusa.com/

R.J.(Bob) Evans
Used to be 1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
Currently busless (and not looking)
My website
Our weblog
What's behind you doesn't matter - Enzo Ferrari
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 12:47:37 PM »

Why isn't it posted in any of the special event section on this web site? I looked at both and could not find it. Jerry

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 01:33:44 PM »

Jerry,

Excellent question.  I sent Nick an email asking him to post the event.  Later I saw the event posted by another Knut.  Now I note that that posting has been deleted from the "Upcoming Events" perm. section of the forum.  I asked last year about it getting posted and was told it wasn't posted because there was "little interest".  I will testify that it is a well attended event and people from this board give classes and ceminars. 

Bobofthenorth gave you the really good steer on this subject.  BUSINUSA.com is the sponser.  They are the Great North West chapter of FMCA.  Or one of them.  I think FMCA is the largest RV club in the country and they have events where thousands attend.  I am not sure I would like that but the BUSIN group is way cool.  The event is in Rickreall, Or.and you can's find that on a map.  It is just west of Salem.  FMCA is a well wort group to be associated with and if you are up in this corner the BUSIN Folk are the best.

I can't see where they might compete with out group and I have no explaination why they would not be listed.  Like I said, "good question".

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
BUR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 01:58:08 PM »

I will be there for the 4Th year,two with the Bus. The last  bus picture shown from 2008 high lites is my bus, not pretty,
but I guarantee it will look better this year. I am looking forward to being there and hope to see as many of you as can make it.   BUR

1980 Prevost   8V71TA  6 speed stick
Homebase   Kelso, Washington
Coming to a city near you      "Fulltiming"
Winter months   Yuma AZ
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 03:05:54 PM »

Ok then I see it is a private rally of FMCA and not open to others so guess it is out for me as I don't intend to join Jerry

bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 03:32:48 PM »

You can sign up as an unpaid member or as a paid member.  I'm guessing that membership in the BusNUSA chapter costs $20 because that's the difference in the 2 prices.  We certainly weren't members the time we attended and they welcomed us like long lost friends.  

4th item in the list of FAQs:
Q. Do I have to be an FMCA member to come to your convention.
A. NO
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 03:47:33 PM by bobofthenorth » Logged

R.J.(Bob) Evans
My website
Our weblog
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 03:53:34 PM »

That is certainly not stated on the form from the web site.  Jerry

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 04:03:01 PM »

Jerry, unless they have changed you do need to belong to FMCA to join the chapter but not to attend the rally the extra 20.00 dollars was charged if you were a not a member of the chapter Bus'n USA. In the news letter I receive from the chapter they will not have vendors this year fwiw      good luck
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 04:24:53 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 04:30:47 PM »

That is certainly not stated on the form from the web site.  Jerry

I'm not sure what you mean but my only information source was their website.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
My website
Our weblog
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Webmaster

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 05:26:21 PM »

Anyone hosting a rally can post it in the "Calendar" board.

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?board=3.0

There is a post there from back in December:

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=10391.0

Which is also the last time InfinityCoach logged onto this forum.

The problem seems to me that the organizers of that event don't seem to want to publish a lot of information on the forum about it and don't see any benefit in being active members of the forum.  I don't understand that, but everyone else posts information about their rallies and then promotes them as the time approaches.  They should do the same

For the record, the moderating team would welcome the organizers of Bus N USA to post and promote their event here.  Obviously from this thread, just posting a link to their site 7 months out and doesn't quite cut the mustard.

Further, we would welcome someone from Infinity Coach to participate in the forum.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 05:46:25 PM »

Busin' USA is on the calendar here and it looks it was posted back in December '08.

I'm not sure why folks think there is some great conspiracy going on just because they can't find something.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 06:19:59 PM »

Well, they posted a phone number............. busnusa.com

I called in 2007 at the last minute and was welcomed and had a very good time.(NO FMCA). They do plan meals and probably need firm numbers for that part in advance. Think you can opt out of that if you want although the Prime Rib is not to be missed on Saturday night.

I  feel bad about missing this year, but we have a family reunion in Valley City ND. that weekend..... So I get to slam my hand in the door of the Eagle and run some miles............

It is a very nice bunch of people and I can't believe anyone would be disappointed if they went. I took the little kids, they behaved well and were incorporated into some of the program. I think my 8 year old held a last minute class on how to knit with your fingers at the crafts show that she still talks about.

I believe if any of you who are interested called David or Debbie that you would be welcomed if there is still parking space available.

You would meet some very nice people and have a great time. Many of the show coachs will be open to look at. They have a band Saturday night after the dinner, Root Beer Floats Saturday at noon, Bingo Friday night, Craft sharing for the ladies, and a swap meet on Sunday morning.

Last I knew, you could join BUS N USA for $20. You can probably pay with a credit card on the phone and go as members, right up to the last minute.

I think everyone who can should go, hell, plug the driveways and have some fun!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 08:33:59 PM by NJT 5573 » Logged

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
Skykingrob

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 07:27:06 PM »

All
We went 3 years ago. We are FMCA members but were not members of their chapter. We did not take the bus, flew up, rented a motel room 10 miles away, then drove back and forth everyday. While we didn't know many people, except for some bus nuts from this and the other board, there was never any negative questions like "Who are you, why are you here ,etc". They treated us well, wife and I both attended seminars, talked with the vendors, toured open coaches and had a good informative time. As I recall, I think they had about a 100 coaches there.
The only unfortunate thing that happened to us was we didn't know we needed to show up to the meals with our own plates, silverware. The first time we showed up, felt embarrased, but we met many fine folks that offered us table service. We stopped at Wally world that evening, got paper plates, plastic "silver"ware and nothing else transpired.
I will go again, but bus is still not ready, and I vowed that the next time I attend it will be in the bus. Maybe next year since bus is closer. Finally, Dave and Dick do a fine job of putting things together.

Rob
91 Prevost LeMirage XL
Missouri
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 08:29:12 PM »

Because of working farther away this year and not knowing if i could get the time off, we did not make reservations this year. However it looks like we may be laid off for a couple of weeks and if we are we will show up at the last minute. There are plenty of spaces so no worries about being turned away.  This is the one thing that i look forward to all year.....well, that and going to Yuma for the winter. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: