Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 01:35:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebuilt Lead Acid Batteries...and How to!  (Read 8703 times)
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 07:40:18 AM »

Yes, but the question is whether those battery rebuilders are just de-sulphating old, dead batteries, or are actually 'rebuilding' them by installing new plates etc. I don't know the answer to this, but would be interested in reading about, for instance, the measured current capacity and lifespan of a new versus a 'rebuilt' battery.

Jeremy, still hoping to be convinced

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 12:26:08 PM »

Jeremy - my local Interstate dealer has a whole area set up to "rebuild" batteries on site, and sell them as such - I assume they take the best candidates from their take outs and do what is necessary to bring them back to life, and the rest are recycled - I'm not sure how many of these involve replacing the plates - but they have alot of them - FWIW

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: