Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 03, 2014, 12:10:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WVO (waste veg oi)l burners  (Read 1608 times)
JohnEd

Ignore
« on: June 11, 2009, 01:39:43 PM »

I heard recently that WVO was getting almost impossible to find at a reasonable price.  Around here, the bottom has dropped out of the market and car sales lots that specialized in WVO cars/trucks are going out of business.  I don't think there is that much to worry about, myself.

If you are traveling to Fla. and would need a WVO fill up for your return trip, here is a guy you might want to contact:

I was on vacation for 2 weeks and out of town on buis for 2 weeks, So I have more oil than I need for now.

I have 40 gallons of filtered oil to 2 microns @ $1 a gallon.
and 40 gal of unfilterd oil for .50 a gal.

Land O Lakes, FL.

This gent is posting on "wastevegoil"  site.  I have no interest except you.

Good luck,
John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 05:13:51 PM »

Maybe folks aren't buying WVO cars because they can't find the fuel?  I certainly wouldn't spend the money on this without a supply of oil lined up.  This sounds like a good deal for someone who already has a WVO vehicle.

I considered WVO very briefly for my bus, but I decided it wouldn't work with how I use the bus.  If I was on the road all the time without strict deadlines I think it would work out.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 08:23:20 PM »

like all things green way over hyped and not really worth the trouble. society is being pushed into using tecnologies that are not feasable . however nobody seems to be showing  much interest in the 3 mile dep layer of nat gas on our ocean floors.
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 05:21:48 AM »

CircusBoy, it's not that folks aren't showing intrest in that gas...it's that the 'ultra' treehuggers somehow have the political clout to keep it from being gotten out.
I think Callyfornia is getting ready to pay the price for their idiosy over the past few years.  I think when all this shakes out you will see a different California!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 10:37:10 PM »

Ironically enough if the tree huggers are correct then we need to use this nat gas on the ocean floor for plastics,(bottled water , etc.)  industry , and propulsion of vehicle as soon as possible before global warming allows it to escape into the atmosphere . see the hypocracy?? when it comes to real solutions they are not as quick to jump on the bandwagon because  they have alterior motives .
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 09:15:41 AM »

Well, I really don't want to drive this OT, but it's already started.

Being a resident of the Florida Gulf coast, I am adamantly opposed to drilling here.  I have visited the beaches of Alabama, Louisiana and Texas and I don't want to see anything like that here.  When the beach motels have baby oil and old towels in the room to clean your feet and everybody wears flip-flops on the beach, that's not where I want to be.

Senator Bill Nelson in a recent speech (http://billnelson.senate.gov/news/details.cfm?id=314316&) nailed it.  The oil companies have more than 40 million acres of oil leases of the coasts of Alabama, Louisiana and Texas that are NOT DRILLED.

The reason for that is that the oil companies can claim the estimated value of the oil as part of the value of the company, thus driving their stock value up.  They have no intention of drilling and driving the price of oil down.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 08:40:48 PM »

I was watching a special on whales the other day when it was brought up as a side topic(often the greatest source of truths)  that there are 3 miles of sediment that are mostly nat gas created by plankton(decompsed bodies of) and whale excrement. not to mention the some 80,000 active gas vents on the ocean floor that are constantly building up layer upon layer of methane. there truly is no shortage of anything on this planet. if we could collectivly quit suppresing technologies and harness all available resources and let free market forces truly take hold things would be a lot better. suprisingly enough the league of concerned scientist is partially funded by big oil. ( the threat of global warming is yet another reason for oil to remain high, because there is no shortage of  petrolium it's the second most plentifull liquid on or in the earth's crust.)
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 10:44:30 PM »

Len,

You hit the nail on the head.  Like I said "as far as I am concerned they can drill anywhere the darn well want to if they just meet two criterion: "CLEAN UP YOUR MESS and DON"T KILL THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN".  I watched a spokesman for the oil companies in front of congress.  When he was asked if they would agree to do that he was aghast.  He finally gushed "why, that's just crazy".  Leave the forest as you found it.  Their heart isn't in it.  They will not clean up cause that would cost them profit.  Sad.  You cannot leave them an out or their signature isn't worth spit.  There ought to be a law about causing damage to the country, like they have in Spain.  The penalty is DEATH.  You do a EXXON VAL and we put the entire exec office and Board of Directors up against a wall.  You think the Greens make a lot of rules?  Wait till you see how the new/replacement Exec crew operates.  See, all those communication and arbitration and bargaining seminars I attended paid off.  What do you think?  With this setup the need for environmentalists would diminish greatly.

Free market is the engine of capitolism.  Free market without regulation?  Ever heard of ENRON?  Savings and Loan crash?  Bank crash?  Housing bubble crash?  You have to qualify that "free market" and "self regulating" stuff.  Truly, a capitalist will dance on your grave if there is profit in it and he will make more graves to dance on cause there is profit in it in that case.  Maybe I have read too many history books or have too long a memory.

John, just pondering the perfect world

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 07:02:00 PM »

drilling technology has improved by leaps and bounds there is nowhere near the amount of spillage that their was even 10 years ago. I heard once that it's usually less than a few hundred gallons for a new well during the drilliing and capping process. used to be huge lakes of the stuff next to the hole. the people who actually do the drilling are not trying to pollute inheritantly nor are the oil compny's it's not profitable to waste product. so greed alone should protect us all. sometimes greed is a good thing     
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 11:00:03 PM »

Greed is a good thing.....If properly harnessed and restrained.  I am in the camp of wanting the absolute least regulation needed to ensure!!!!!

Greed protecting us has failed soooo many times as to be a pitaful argument made by those that haven't been there or haven't the inspiration to learn the history OR THE GREEDY THEMSELVES. I am not putting you down Boy...really.  How would you stack up "self regulation" with Greenspan's testamony in Congress.  They asked him what he had to say about the recent banking failure.  His recommended regulation enabled the whole thing(he didn't do it all, however) and his answer was "I got it wrong.  I thought the instinct for self preservation would curb the excesses that the banking indudtry saw.  It did not!".  So, sorry about that?  He was told and people lobbied him to rein in the rascals.  I think he should pay with all his fortune and maybe his life.  The damage he has done is not to be calculated in terms of dollars or human tragedy.  I can't imagine anyone looking at this and not being heart sick and not just for the poor, the wealthy didn't do much better.  If this doesn't turn your head around then you must be setting your sights on the social security trust fund.  W said that what he most regretted about his 8 years was that he couldn't privatize Social Security.  Indeed!

Don't get me started Shocked Grin Grin Grin

Almost all the regulation we have and the agencies that enforce them were created as a result of the industry's failure to regulate itself.  When Ronnie took over the FDA had somthing like 13 labs that tested drugs and when he left 8 years later there were only 2 and the drug co.s were submitting there own testing data.  I, for one, don't feel safer now. 

If I am wrong on this tell me where.  I will erad what you write.

John

—Pla
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 02:20:05 PM »

a body might thirst if he has no water but a flood can kill, this is true. but in this era of deconstruction,(literally taking apart infrastructure , and talking about putting new in but never starting the projects)  the symbolism of regulation is lost when the dams are being removed  and all mans prgress  being talked about as if thousands of years of prgress was all in vain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: