Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 19, 2014, 09:41:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Adventure is about to begin!  (Read 6937 times)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2009, 04:58:11 PM »

Jack,
Saw in another thread that you are in AL already.
PLan "B" on the steering or did you work on it 24/7  Huh
Cliff

Plan B. Fred said probably 4 days to complete and it is HOT!!!.  We are going to wait until on our return in November when we have more time and .hopefully, it will be cooler.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2009, 06:19:47 PM »

Good day Jack, when are you planning on hitting Elkhart, we'll hopefully be running though there on June 29th or so, then up though Lansing.
Grant

Grant, we won't be in Elkhart until around 7/7-9.  We should be going past Lansing on 7/9 or 10. I will let you know.  Maybe we can meet for lunch.  Jack

JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2009, 06:24:09 PM »

We spent last night at Fort Toulouse/Fort Jackson Historical Park near Montgomery, AL and then to Hazel Green, AL today. We are visiting a fellow busnut and have another couple busnuts stopping by over the weekend. We plan to head to Union City, TN & BKs on Monday.
   The new engine is running good, but we do have a few minor oil leaks (of course, it IS a DD).  Jack

ArtGill

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2009, 06:33:30 PM »

Jack,
         If you are back in North Caroline around the first of October, CCEA is having a no frills rally in Morehead City for the North Carolina Seafood Festival.  It is the first weekend in October and the rally site is within five city blocks of the festival site.  It is dry camping on asphalt.  I have space for 15 coaches, so I need to know who is coming, but there is no registration fee.  Nothing is planned until the group convenes on site.  Look up the North Seafood Festival on line.  It is billed as the second largest festival in North Carolina.  Hope you could come.  By the way it is real near a fire station so you can hear the sirens.

Art

Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2009, 05:49:10 AM »

We are visiting busnut friends in Hazel Green, AL and have met more busnuts.  Wayne Ellenburg and his wife stopped by for a nice visit (thanks for those great peaches).  Wayne has 2 Eagle buses.  Joe Wallace also stopped by for a very nice visit. Joe is converting a GMC 4107. 
   We are going to the Space Museum today and head to Kentucky tomorrow to see another busnut friend that recently lost his wife. From there we will go to Central Illinois. Always great to meet other busnuts.  Jack

WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2009, 06:45:54 AM »

Jack:  Around the back side of the Space Museum is a small no frills campground that is very inexpensive.  My family stayed there last summer for one night and it fit our needs very nicely.

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2009, 05:23:35 AM »

2 campgrounds that I can recommend are Ft. Toulouse State Historical Site near Montgomery, AL and Canal Campground (COE) near Calvert City, KY (Land Between the Lakes).  Both parks have 50 amp & water with a dump station.  Ft. Toulouse was $11.00 and Canal was $10.00 (with Golden Age Pass).
     We are in Springfield, IL visiting family, then on to Elkhart and a bus rally in MI.  Fuel seems to be staying around $2.50 along our route so far.  Jack

JeromeBettis
COO/Vice President
Editor

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2009, 09:05:40 AM »

Jack,
Enjoy a safe passage.  If you'd like to share some of your adventures along the way, we'd consider sharing with the readers.

Chad

I'm listening.  Send your feedback.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2009, 10:00:33 AM »

2 campgrounds that I can recommend are Ft. Toulouse State Historical Site near Montgomery, AL and Canal Campground (COE) near Calvert City, KY (Land Between the Lakes).  Both parks have 50 amp & water with a dump station.  Ft. Toulouse was $11.00 and Canal was $10.00 (with Golden Age Pass).
     We are in Springfield, IL visiting family, then on to Elkhart and a bus rally in MI.  Fuel seems to be staying around $2.50 along our route so far.  Jack

Jack is that what they now call the COE campground at KY Lake Dam? Not that I know anything at all about KY Lake or anything, but I believe that the campground is actually served by the Gilbertsille post office and would show up as Gilbertsville, KY 42044. I ain't possitive on this though, as I googled it and none of the locations show the correct spot for the campground I am thinking of just off the KY Lake Dam!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2009, 10:02:54 AM »

Always good to see a progress reports of your trip as days go by.

Hope your parent & relative are ok.

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2009, 12:34:04 PM »

but I believe that the campground is actually served by the Gilbertsille post office and would show up as Gilbertsville, KY 42044.
Grin  BK  Grin

BK,
   It is just south of the dam off 431. The campground receipt listed it as Grand River, KY.  Jack

JohnVickrey

1960 PD 4104-4541

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2009, 03:39:48 AM »

Jack's Great Adventure Part M(ichigan) is departing today from home in Dearing, GA.   

We will visit friends in Chattanooga this afternoon/evening and spend the nite in Ohio somewhere tomorrow nite.  We should be in Sanford, MI by the 4th of July.  Gonna travel the Big Road to MI(no fun).  Can't wait til OBS II gets there so we can start the Michigan Adventure. 

We are hooking up with my Brother-in-Law, and Jack & Paula in Sanford.  From there to Old Orchard Park near Oscoda, from there to somewhere near The Bridge.  Then across The Bridge to Paradise.  From Paradise back across The Bridge to Betsy, Beulah, Sleeping Bear Dunes.  A personal guided tour of a Great Lake's Car Hauler in Ludington, MI.  Brother-in-Law worked on it when he was 19.  Staying at friends and relatives houses and a couple of campgrounds along the way. 

Taking our time and seeing the sites where ever we hunker down.

Mister Conrad, Lets Gitter Done.

John Vickrey   -   Dearing, GA
About 2 hours East of ATL on I-20 and 4 miles south of I-20.
Got Electricity and Water for 4-5 coaches.  Less that a mile to a
dumpstation.  Stop by and sit a spell.
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2009, 05:01:43 AM »

Mister Conrad, Lets Gitter Done.

Meester Vickery,
     Lookin' forward to the adventure.  We will leave Springfield on Friday, spend the weekend with my brother, then on to Elkhart )Gotta see what they have that we did know we could not live without). From there we will stop at Harold Green's for a small rally near Lansing, then meet up with ya'll.  Jack

Lonnie time to go
Lonnie

Saginaw, Michgan

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2009, 03:20:27 PM »

Mr. Jack

"Harold Green's for a small rally near Lansing"
Is this a private rally, I ask because its not on the calender Huh?

This sounds like a different Rally 

FLINT AREA, MICHIGAN Rally
AUGUST 13 -16, 2009

Just wondered

Lonnie

1976 4905
edroelle

1998 Royale Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2009, 05:32:01 PM »

Lonnie,

To answer your question -

The CCO Club - Converted Coach Owners - will welcome you.   Harold and Robbie Green have offered their acreage for the dry camping rally, July 10-12.   Bill and Barb Hosteter are hosting the rally, around "Elsie Days", a town festival.   RSVP Bill and Barb at 616-896-1817.

There are basically 2 bus conversion clubs that encompass Michigan and the surrounding states and Canada.   CCO is one of the oldest bus conversion clubs.  CCO is not affiliated with FMCA.  The other club is GLCC - Great Lakes Converted Coach - which is affiliated with FMCA.

Bob Shafer and I are hosting the August Rally, "Back to the Bricks" (car show plus much, much, more !!) that you noted, on August 13-16.   We are hosting it for both clubs, and other interested bus nuts.

Ed Roelle
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: