Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 02:35:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When mirrored walls are installed on a bus, what kind of mirror is used?  (Read 2642 times)
sweeney153

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 08:32:07 PM »

Nick,

Those blocks look great. What brand are they?

Kevin

Warwick NY
1964 4106-2703 8V71 Spicer 4 speed
Kevin Warnock

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 10:54:07 PM »

I love those glass blocks. Where did you get them?

Here's the url that prompted my original question:

http://www.philcooper.com/gallery/loh-00/second_view_of_private_bath_lots_of_mirrors

The 12"x12" mirrors in this bathroom appear to be real glass, since the edges are beveled, and I've never seen beveled plastic mirrors.

What is the mastic people are talking about in this thread? If it never hardens, that would suggest even if the mirror cracks that no big chunks are going to fall off the wall and slice you open.

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 03:42:00 AM »

Hi Guy's,

Windecor
http://www.windecor.com/products.cfm

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
rusty

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 06:40:13 AM »

We used beveled glass mirrors in our conversion. The glass company I bougth them from coated the back with some sort of tape. I have close to 60000 miles on the conversion a no problems. ( knock on wood)  I do not know what the tape was but if you are intrested I will ask.

Good Luck Wayne
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 07:22:51 AM »

The mastic is called Gunther ultra/bond for mirrors stay soft and will not cause a good mirror to desilver  comes in a tube or tape form 18 bucks a tube and probably more for tape.If you notice a mirror with streaks in the background that is because the wrong mastic was used silicone and liquid nail are the worst   good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 10:46:30 AM »

Nick,
I went to the site you posted and they have a section of photos of actual use.  I think you should send them a picture.  A window in a bus conversion using their product is certainly unique!

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: