Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 03:06:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check out this Rexhall! Must have a GMC skin kit!  (Read 2678 times)
Tenor

Ignore
« on: June 17, 2009, 12:31:16 PM »

I am not selling this, but something sure seems fishy!

Item number: 350214746085

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1957-Rexhall-Conversion-Bus_W0QQitemZ350214746085QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBuses?hash=item518a6cefe5&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
poppi

mci 8 L10 ZF tranmission; helena

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 12:40:00 PM »

Well mister Rex Hall may have done a fine job of converting

The warning I have is that if the only info you can get on something is by phone then
 BUYER BEWARE!

BTDT not so good if it ain't in writing.

Skip

Snow disappeared......Now where did I put that bus?
skolbibp

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 01:08:14 PM »

It looks like a GMC coach to me. 

Steve
roadrunnertex

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 01:15:59 PM »

Ex Greyhound PD-4104 that's for sure. Grin
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 01:18:00 PM »

I would not be overly concerned with the description, certainly not an intent to mislead. This looks like an eBay sellers assistant who knows nothing about what they are selling.

I would never buy site unseen but I would not rule it out because of the description. Actually, it looks pretty fair at first glance.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
roadrunnertex

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 01:21:48 PM »

I stand corrected it just might not be a ex Greyhound 4104 sorry spoke to soon. Tongue
I noted one thing the left mirror head is a ex Eagle.
I wish that they would list the serial/VIN number then we could find out who received it from GMC Coach.
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 01:28:32 PM »

It's a Fraudulent use of the name...

The owner of the company is only 53 so I seriously doubt that what is listed
is real. Gotta be bogus from the start....

Info Avail;

Rexhall Industries, Inc. (Rexhall), incorporated in June 1986, is a recreational vehicle (RV) manufacturing company.

Stated in business for 22 years on website.

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
chris4905

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 01:42:03 PM »

I'm sure you could get hold of the poster by emailing

fraud@takeme.com

Chris

Chris & Cheryl Christensen
Ex-Bus Owners
Eagle, Idaho
junkman42

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 01:54:03 PM »

If the site chris put forth does not work try dowe@cheatemandhow.com.  John
zimtok

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 08:20:02 AM »

"A 4104 by any other name is still a 4104"

1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 08:43:19 AM »

Hi Guys,
I think some of you are getting your exersize today by jumping to conclusions. Is it possible that a Mr. Rexhall, possibly the one in the RV manufacturing business, converted this bus? If so then the seller can legitimately claim that this bus is a "Rexhall Conversion". I understand, as this is probably all the exersize I will get today too.
Thanks, Sam 4106

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
chris4905

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 12:07:30 PM »

\\\(I think some of you are getting your exersize today by jumping to conclusions. Is it possible that a Mr. Rexhall, possibly the one in the RV manufacturing business, converted this bus? If so then the seller can legitimately claim that this bus is a "Rexhall Conversion". I understand, as this is probably all the exersize I will get today too.)\\\\

Oh....my mistake.  I'm sure there is a very reasonable explanation to the post, as there really is not much fraud occurring on the Internet, especially on eBay,..........I'm going to pull my retirement savings and send him a check for the GMC, um I mean the the bus conversion done by the owner of the Rexhall company, um, no what I meant was the GMC bus and the poster just got his photos mixed up while he was walking across the manufacturing warehouse with all the noise from those Rexhalls being put together, I mean all those GMC buses being converted., oh hell, I'm so confused.......but I'm sure there is no reason to be concerned about this post.... and may Internet fraud flourish !!

Chris & Cheryl Christensen
Ex-Bus Owners
Eagle, Idaho
gmpd4104

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 01:03:07 PM »

I didn't see any statements that it was converted by the owner of Rexhall Motorhomes.

perhaps someone bolted a rexhall badge on it somewhere or used some rexhall components and thus the misidentification
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 01:54:25 PM »

I think you guys are getting a little silly here.  There is indeed lot's of fraud on the internet, but this is obviously just someone who doesn't know what he is selling.

I mean, why on earth would someone represent a bus as a Rexhall? There can be no reasonable expectation that he is trying to defraud anyone.

Oh my God, I thought I was buying an old stick and staples motor home but it turned out to be a bus. I guess I really got screwed there, huh?

If it wasn't so far away from me, I would definitely have a look.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 02:16:11 PM »

I agree - automatically assuming that someone who has made a mistake is actually attempting to defraud you is uncharitable, to say the least.

If it is an attempt at fraud it is surely so clumsy and transparent that those responsible should receive a Darwin award

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: