Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 27, 2014, 06:59:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A new day is dawning at Bus Conversions Magazine  (Read 14133 times)
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

ready to run with the big dogs

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 11:19:30 AM »

Well I hope the best for the mag and your endeavors being I never received the last 4 issues of my subscription period theres no reason to renew my subscription. I will be waiting to see how things progress then may subscribe again in the future.

LarryH

Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 11:37:50 AM »

Yep Larry the guys have a lot of fences to repair I just hope they can do it ,like you I am going to wait and see.             good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 11:52:26 AM »

Yep Larry the guys have a lot of fences to repair I just hope they can do it ,like you I am going to wait and see.             good luck

I understand your sentiments, but don't be like my uncle who refused to water his peach tree after he planted it. He said he was going to wait to see how good the peaches were before he put forth any more effort on it.   

It died before it could produce any fruit. . . . .

Sometimes you gotta take a chance on something. . . . .

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
skolbibp

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 12:16:45 PM »

There is definitely something to say about people who aren't afraid to take risks.  The very best of luck. 
Steve
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 01:10:03 PM »

Mike,

My most sincere best wishes for your success.  Thanks for taking this project up.

Now, about the remainder of my ten year prepaid subscription.... Huh Shocked Grin Grin Grin

That was a joke,  Get it?  Humor, right?  Not serious! 

SkolB,

There is definitely something to say about people who aren't afraid to take risks.

That hasn't always worked out for me. I still agree with you so I am either a man of my convictions or thick skulled.

Good luck to all of you and may the Force be with us all.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Kevin Warnock

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 01:31:18 PM »

Here's an idea. If someone finds an advertiser for you, pay them a finders fee (ie: commission) every month the ad runs, with no time limit. Maybe just 5%, but this gives the referrer an incentive to keep after the advertiser to continue running the ad forever. This model is used in the Internet world, for example, by Amazon. Amazon will pay site owners a commission for every sale that originates from a link on their site. There is no cap, and some people make a lot of money from these affiliate programs. You are selling a product just like Amazon, and I don't think it's unreasonable to pay a commission for your virtual sales force. I don't know anything about the magazine business, so maybe this idea of never ending commissions is not done. But times are tough for magazines, so maybe this idea would help even if it's not done generally.

Good luck. I've already prepaid a 3 year subscription when MAK wrote here that the magazine was up for sale. I always get my issues for some reason, so no improvement needed there for me.

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 03:12:42 PM »

Mike, Phil, & Chad,

I wish you guy's the best of luck with the magazine!

I wish I was able to jump in with you guy's but, I too maxed out with my current biz...

All in all, there couldn't be a better trio of CEO's to run this mag into the future. Mike, you are very talented and motovated to succeed. Phil, you are the

level headed tech guy that long deserves a controlling lead in this magazine.. Chad, from what I know of you, you are very motovated also, so keep the momentum

going with your editing skills.  Look out folks, this team will do things in the best intrests of us. That's great for us members!

I think the best part of this news is that we are all on the LEVEL.... bus nuts catering to bus nuts! That's a recipe for success..

I'm proud to be a part of this team!
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 03:19:35 PM »

O Fil,

Feil fre 2 col mi anda eye wil hellp u wit aniting eye caan...
Grin

MooooOOOOooooooo

Niik
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 03:22:52 PM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 03:38:06 PM »

Mike, I really wish you the best. 

I have been a subscriber almost from the beginning.  Attended every Bus Conversion "rally" except Biloxi.   It would be fun to have another Bus Conversion Rally.  Quite a while ago, I volunteered to help when they were planning to one that never came to be.  I would be glad to help again if you would like to think about it.

I have really enjoyed working with Chad on the last few articles.  Have a big one just about ready to submit (multi-part series on thoughts about engine conversion).

But the big question is, what do we call this board now?  We are so used to calling it the MAK board!

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 03:46:02 PM »

But the big question is, what do we call this board now?  We are so used to calling it the MAK board!

Jim

I think BCM board has a nice ring to it.    Smiley
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 06:04:05 PM »

If you guys need articles relating to Eagles let me know. I have lots of time on my hands now that I'm one of the guys in the unemployment line! Chad has my contact information. Maybe if you had an Eagle Corner, MCI Corner, Prevost Corner, GMC Corner, etc. it might generate some input from those that have them, just a fleeting thought! Grin

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
ArtGill

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 06:25:52 PM »

Now every one TAKE THE RISK and subscribe on the strength of the new ownership.  They will need to be able to show paid subscriptions to sell advertising, advertising income will help them product a larger and better product.  All of us have taken much bigger risk or bought the wrong tool for the job.  So, send them the money for a year's subscription now rather than wait for them to produce.  But only subscribe if a live person answers the phone.  Give them a chance< TAKE A CHANCE!!!

Art

Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta
plyons
Administrator

Bussin' in Tennessee

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2009, 07:41:11 PM »

O Fil,

Feil fre 2 col mi anda eye wil hellp u wit aniting eye caan...
Grin

MooooOOOOooooooo

Niik

Ha Ha!! Thanks Nick !! I miss the
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 

alsew - ei kneed halp spelingk

HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2009, 07:43:01 PM »

Again I appreciate all the confidence and support that is being expressed.  I assure you, we will work very hard to provide service and quality that you will not regret.  I also very much appreciate the point being made that we need the bus nut communities support to make this work.  And I understand the skepticism of those who have doubts.  One thing I am sure of, with the support of those who take the chance, we will build something that will impress even the cautious.

We have a temporary phone number set up for the moment, probably for about a week.  Then we'll have a better system in place.  The temporary number is (863)-558-5591.

We also have a toll free fax number set up already.  It is 877-783-1667.

For now the online subscription system is set to take orders but require payment by check.  Within a week we expect to have secure online credit card processing set up again.

For now through July 31st we are running a subscription special.  3 extra months free on all print subscriptions.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 07:51:08 PM by HighTechRedneck » Logged
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »

I too would like to thank everyone for the kind words of encouragement.  It is humbling to hear the support -  I know we will work very hard to earn and maintain your enthusiasm and confidence.

Thank you fellow busnuts! 

Kind Regards,   Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: