Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 12:26:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A new day is dawning at Bus Conversions Magazine  (Read 13750 times)
MCI-RICK

1986 TMC 102A3 6V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2009, 09:49:16 PM »

Mike,

Congrats!  I look forward to the new mag.  I'm sure there will be good reads and useful info.  I wish you the best! Smiley

Rick 

Aim high but look out below
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2009, 02:04:13 AM »

Mike and Karen,

Thank you so much for your hard work and a great mag and Bus board. My past hobbies have always been more hours at work, until I discovered and bought my first 4104, You guys and everyone on the boards have helped me though the good times and bad.

Mike Phil and Chad,

Congratulations on a great new adventure, I look forward as always to receiving the magazine, let me know the new add rates as I will soon be selling one of my 04,s.

Thanks

John
Blacksheep

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2009, 04:51:45 AM »

Congratulations ya'll on your endeavor!

Received my June issue yesterday and to be honest and blunt, I've received sale ads from the local grocery store that were thicker with more info! In fact it was so thin, the post office had to put it in a plastic bag to keep it from getting further damage as it was pretty mutilated from shipment!

Other than that, I look forward to my next issue and glad to see the mag move closer to home!

Some already knew this but that will be one of my only connections to bus converting in the near future!

Good luck in YOUR future...

Ace
wrench

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2009, 05:33:36 AM »

Here's an idea. If someone finds an advertiser for you, pay them a finders fee (ie: commission) every month the ad runs, with no time limit. Maybe just 5%, but this gives the referrer an incentive to keep after the advertiser to continue running the ad forever. This model is used in the Internet world, for example, by Amazon. Amazon will pay site owners a commission for every sale that originates from a link on their site. There is no cap, and some people make a lot of money from these affiliate programs. You are selling a product just like Amazon, and I don't think it's unreasonable to pay a commission for your virtual sales force. I don't know anything about the magazine business, so maybe this idea of never ending commissions is not done. But times are tough for magazines, so maybe this idea would help even if it's not done generally.

I like this one, dito for the wishes, I use to subscribe too but same as other......... sure will give a push to the new team.
 About an option to read & save(on PC) the mag on line??
          wrench

buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2009, 07:52:34 AM »

Good on all of you to have a kick at the can!

The hobby needs a reliable publication that will be worth buying in this internet age.

The old ways, banking heavily on reader loyalty and stupidity in the subscriber class that just keeps renewing for any old crap, will simply not do. There's enough RV magazines doing a poor job, we don't need another one.

Prove to me the worth of re-starting and continuing my subscription EVERY MONTH.

Be sure that the whole reading experience shows that the magazine is, first and foremost, for me, the reader, interested in technically superior and factual content.

Not so that you can go around bragging you run a magazine. Let your readers do that for you.

And do it profitably.

For you guys, on top of this free advice, I will subscribe once again to the magazine.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2009, 09:00:30 AM »

I am copying this post I put on the BNO board for the benefit of those who don't visit both boards:

The July issue won't reflect much change as it was 95% done before the transition and at a financial net loss.

The expansion of the page count will take place incrementally as we regain subscriber/advertiser support. Adding 20 pages adds about $3000 to the cost per month. Our goal is to return it to 72 pages by the end of the year assuming we are successful at building the revenues to cover it. That will cost an extra $5000/month.

We are committed to making it a magazine bus nuts will want to read cover to cover and won't be able to do it in 20 minutes. I am confident that we will be able to do that. But it will take the confidence and support of the bus nut community. It will be a publication by bus nuts for bus nuts.

And I guarantee no more articles about nudists and such. Although it will continue to have a centerfold ;-) The main focus will be real world bus conversions by bus nuts. When there is an interesting development in the professional conversion/shell market, we may report it. But it won't be the focus of the magazine.

We will implement real world reviews of bus conversion related tools and products, espicially new ones. Tested and written by bus nuts.

We intend to focus heavily on "how to" technical articles.

And Fred, we will begin crediting any content taken from the forum. We have had positive feedback from some readers of the "forum sourced" content. You may be surprised (I know I was) how many subscribers don't read the forums. Some barely use the Internet at all.

We will be embracing the modern Internet as well with new features and enhancements of existing ones.

Make no mistake, we are doing this as a business and as such expect to profit. But a major part of our motivation to take such a risk was to ensure that an 18 year old magazine focused on bus conversion does not fade into history. Right now we are going to work our tails off for free to build it back up and make it something bus nuts will be eager to receive each month.

Thank you for your support. Great things are coming.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2009, 10:44:56 AM »

Some already knew this but that will be one of my only connections to bus converting in the near future!

Ace, Are you leaving us?

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2009, 10:47:08 AM »

I like this one, dito for the wishes, I use to subscribe too but same as other......... sure will give a push to the new team.
 About an option to read & save(on PC) the mag on line??

There is a PDF version of the magazine.  The subscription card posted shows that the PDF version will now be $10 less per year than a print subscription.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
DaveG

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2009, 11:45:46 AM »

Okay, so I'm thinking the next question on everyone's mind is "are you going to honor the paid subscriptions etc left behind"?

I know I wasn't sure whether to subscribe to a paper copy or e copy, so I paid a $7 one time charge for a single paper copy and haven't received it yet.

Should we all start over or what is the thinking by the 'board'?
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2009, 11:52:40 AM »

All existing subscriptions and orders will be honored.

Dave, I see that your order was for the May issue.  Once we have the back issues in our hands (early-mid next week), we will get one in the mail to you.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2009, 12:03:10 PM »

Okay, so I'm thinking the next question on everyone's mind is "are you going to honor the paid subscriptions etc left behind"?
I know I wasn't sure whether to subscribe to a paper copy or e copy, so I paid a $7 one time charge for a single paper copy and haven't received it yet.

David,
    Check your email, I sent you the April & May issue in the PDF internet version.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
chargePlus

1951 GMC PD4103-125

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2009, 12:39:38 PM »

This is very good news! I know I let my subscription lapse intentionally earlier this year.

Thanks for taking this on.

- John

Sports Car Lover and Bus Nut
1951 GMC PD4103-125 http://www.euliss-uftring.org/DaBus
Sports Car Club of America http://www.ncrscca.com/
Mazda Sports Car Club of NC http://www.msccnc.org/
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2009, 04:49:21 AM »

i haven't been on much lately, no time.  but i'm glad to read about the BCM ownership change.  MAK did a nice job for a long time, sorry he's out of it.  But i'm happy to see who's in charge now.  you 3 will do a great job and if we were still going to stay in business, we'd advertise.

good luck, congrats, and let me know when my current subscription is ready to expire so i can renew without missing an issue.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
DaveG

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2009, 06:38:22 AM »

Jack, got your email, I thought you were on vacation! Thanks.
HTRN, thanks...probably good news to those affected. And good business too.
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2009, 07:16:36 AM »

Mike, isn't it fun to be in business and have all of the various input? 

I just read the posts on BNO and you can see why your board is used much more heavily.  They talk about board software, and then use a terrible old version that is a real pain to use.  Several of us gave the boss our input and nothing changed. 

You got your dose of comeuppance by the boss, as several of us have.  Please do not go in that direction on this board.

I would love to say a bunch more, but I would be kicked off that board again.

Don't let them get you down.  A bunch of us will work with you to make your project work.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: