Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 25, 2014, 12:47:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A new day is dawning at Bus Conversions Magazine  (Read 14110 times)
cody

« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2009, 07:12:48 AM »

I agree with jack, my feelings are that the bus community is small, for the most part we are average people with average pockets and a love of buses that often exceeds our financial ability to sustain it.  In this community we have electrical gurus, mechanical gurus, gurus of every sort, I still believe in a perfect world where everyone pitched in and helped everyone else and based on that, I've added sawdust to the carpeting of many buses over the last few years and charged a cup of coffee, maybe 2 cups if i had a surge of greed at the time.  I've had other people break out a wrench and twist it on the nuts and bolts of my bus and when I've offered money they asked for a cup of coffee and the cycle continues, this to me is the perfect world, where busnuts help other busnuts.
infinitycoach

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2009, 09:27:31 AM »

Thanks for this information............we are going to make an announcement at our Bus N USA rally......
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2009, 10:09:32 AM »

Infinity,

I learned recently that you guys at BUS N USA got connected with Jack to help with Insurance for his Fla event.  Pretty reliable source related that story but I didn't pick up on all the details so they aren't liable.  Seems that insurance is the real buggar in anything that is public and Jack was priced out of putting on his event in that regard.  I wish I had specifics but I am sure they don't matter at this point.  You guys, FMCA/BUSN, arranged that he be affiliated to allow his access to the insurance plan that covers your operation.  I am not a plank owner in this BCM Forum and I had no idea of how "close" we were with you and how much you have helped in the past.  I wonder that others as new as I, or as unconscious, are unaware of all the friends we have out there and the unsung assistance they have provided or our mutual history.  I appreciate the assistance you guys have provided to our member Mac with his fire tragedy and getting relief to him.  I hope this post serves to get a little more of your "light" out from under that bushel.

United in separate but common purpose is better for all....its even in our name.

Thank you all very much and I hope we, as a group, can reciprocate.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2009, 11:07:15 AM »

JohnEd,
  After our first 2 Bussin' rallies, we realized that we needed liability insurance (thanks, Alan for the reminder).  At that time CCEA (Converted Coaches of the Eastern Area) agreed to sponsor the rally, so we would be covered under the FMCA chapter rally policy. CCEA continued to sponsor our rally until a couple years ago when it was mutually agreed to that SE Cruisers chapter of FMCA become the sponsoring chapter. SE Cruisers continues to be the sponsoring chapter.  
  Several years ago, prior to the first Bussin' USA rally, Dennis Gregory & Bob Lewis (Infinity Coach) attended our rally.  I sat with them and explained how we did our Bussin' rallies and gave them a few tips and warnings. They took it from there, and Bussin' USA has become a great rally.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2009, 03:30:20 PM »

Jack,

Thanks for sharing that history.  Relationships and mutual assist go back a lot further than we imagine.  Nice tradition of coop.

Thanks,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
ol713

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2009, 04:52:34 PM »

Hi;
    Good news.   I agree with luverbus, that I sort of miss the magazine
    after  12yrs.  When is the first issue?  Will you have subscription
    info?   I would like to subscribe and check out the new BCM.

Thanks,  Merle.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2009, 07:55:52 PM »

Hi;
    Good news.   I agree with luverbus, that I sort of miss the magazine
    after  12yrs.  When is the first issue?  Will you have subscription
    info?   I would like to subscribe and check out the new BCM.

Thanks,  Merle.

It is still in print every month.  It is $38/yr for U.S. Delivery.  That includes the print edition and access to the online edition.  And we are running an introductory special right now.  Order 1 year or more subscription and get an extra 3 months free.

There are several ways you can subscribe:
  • Call me at 863-558-5591

• Fill in and fax the card below to 877-783-1667 (toll free)

• Fill in the card and mail it to:
    Bus Conversion Enterprises, Inc.
    1538 SE West Farms Road
    Arcadia, FL  34266-9072

• Within a week we'll have the online system accepting credit cards again.  It is currently set to do the subscription with payment by mail.  But it seems to be choking on that payment method (it wasn't really designed for it) and has resulted in some blank page type errors.

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2009, 07:49:39 AM »

I did my part I resubscribed! Did you get the check? I been sitting by the mail box looking for it, like a puppy waiting for it's young master to come home on  the school bus! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

Grin  PS let me know if the check ain't no good & I send another'n jest like it!  Grin  lol!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2009, 04:38:51 PM »

Bryce, I got it a couple days ago and banked it today.  They held a light up to it and frowned, but they took it.   Grin  Just kidding.  All is fine and we will start you off with the July issue.
cody

« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2009, 04:40:10 PM »

Will the online version be available to us cheapskates with the perscriptions soon?
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2009, 04:52:27 PM »

Yup.  Phil and I are working out how copy the forum login over to the subscription system so that all forum members have access to the free section (once it has content), and forum members with print subscriptions will have access to the online magazine using their forum user name/password.  There is a technical difference between the two systems that is posing a challenge.

Cody, and any other print subscriber, what I can do currently is set you up with access using any username/password you provide me via email or PM.
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2009, 05:35:19 PM »

Hey BK I'll take yours for 1/2 price ,when yer done wit um Grin

Poor man with a poor dollar Kiss

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2009, 07:56:24 AM »

Quote from: van
Hey BK I'll take yours for 1/2 price ,when yer done wit um Grin

Poor man with a poor dollar Kiss

Oh Van,
if you only knew! LOL! Just ask those who know me (Cody, Libby, Cat, Dallas, Mike, Jay, Charley, Brian {all of them}, Craig, Gary & Linda, Uncle Ned & Wilma, Jerry & Linda, and the many more who have been here that I just don't have time to list! LOL) I NEVER throw ANYTHING AWAY! LOL!
Grin  BK  Grin

PS still sitting by the mail box!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 08:15:02 AM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2009, 05:17:30 AM »

I'm new enough to the addiction that I came on board during a lot of controversy about the board and mag.  I opted to see how things shook out before I subscribed.  

After Reading the discussion I went ahead and took the plunge as well.  I'll be waiting fer my Aug issue.

Thanks guys for taking a shot at keeping such a good resource available!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 05:22:48 AM by MattC » Logged

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2009, 10:44:20 AM »

BK, I think if your first copy is not there when its time for you to go on your next trip, just pull the mail box out of the ground and take it with you on the bus. That way when it comes you'll get it before you even get back home LOL

WVaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: