Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 02:27:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbee Needs Advice Moving A Bus  (Read 5174 times)
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 04:50:01 PM »

Getting it road worthy where it sits is a great idea. You guys come up with some good plans. Now does anyone know of some place near where the bus is that could take a look at it for Tom and give him an idea of what needs to be done. That's kind of standard procedure even for a road worthy bus and would kill 2 birds with 1 stone.If there is a time problem hire someone to drive it back. Later

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
sweeney153

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 05:21:21 PM »

Where is the bus located?

Warwick NY
1964 4106-2703 8V71 Spicer 4 speed
scanzel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 04:02:49 AM »

If it's in Connecticut and needs to be inspected, let me know, I live in the Hartford area.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
tpboj

PD4501-805

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 04:33:37 AM »

Thank You all for your help and info. I am an optimist and I believe I can save this old girl.

Thank You
Tom
tpboj

PD4501-805

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 04:49:51 AM »

Steve
Thanks for the offer I will keep it in mind, It is in the Danbury area. If I came out and get it running to move do you know of any storage near by until I can get it prepped for the longer move.

Thank You
Tom
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 05:36:04 AM »

You can't steal in slow motion.

Steve is a GREAT guy, so there is your wingman!

Just go get her & start out by driving her to a bus shop for a checkup & then head home. If she stops along the way, then call for a tow.

The the long wheel base makes things easier than you might think to drive, just look far enough forward & steer towards where you're looking. Leave plenty of room for stopping  Grin

It will be a fun trip! Take notes & lots of pictures as they will make for a great story later!  Cool

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
scanzel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 11:37:46 AM »

Danbury is about 50 miles from me so I really don't know off hand of any storage facilities. I84 goes right through Danbury and it is a large city so I would have to say that there are truck garages and storage facilities in the area. If you need me to go out there let me know.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
tpboj

PD4501-805

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 05:26:33 PM »

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
A deal has been struck PD4501-805 will be saved!
Now I just need to move it , THANK YOU all for your help and support.

TOM
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 07:46:16 PM »

Awesome!  Please take lots of pictures and post them for us all to drool over!

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 09:40:34 PM »

I always like to hear a Happy Ending! Good Job, now go have some fun. I have always liked the ole scenics, glad you saved her from the furnace!

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 05:19:43 PM »

Tom,

I suggest you sign up for towing/emergency road service insurance now. Then, if you do break down in a spot where you have to be towed, you will at least have some help toward a potentially expensive experience.  I have Good Sam.
FWIW

Dennis   

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
MCI-RICK

1986 TMC 102A3 6V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 05:44:25 PM »

Awesome!  Please take lots of pictures and post them for us all to drool over!

Glenn

Ditto!

Before pics are always cool! 

Rick

Aim high but look out below
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 06:44:45 PM »

I suggest you sign up for towing/emergency road service insurance now. Then, if you do break down in a spot where you have to be towed, you will at least have some help toward a potentially expensive experience.  I have Good Sam.

I agree!!! We have AAA RV. I have heard better things about good Sam though. Well worth the money.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
MacGyver

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 10:25:43 PM »

Tom,

If you can get someone local to get it roadworthy...  And you'd like someone to drive it to you...  I'd be willing to do it for a (small) fee as long as you would be willing to cover expenses up front (travel to the bus, fuel/oil/food/etc on the trip back to you and travel back home).  ^.^   All I really need is the crate/shipping amount for the windows to put in my coach from JohnEd/Kevin...  I don't know what that price would be right now though, but if you'd be interested in doing this, I can find out.

I'm going stir-crazy without my Phoenix (PD4905) right now and getting out of here for a few days and getting back behind the wheel again would be really nice about now.

It'd cost you far less to have one of us in the community who's has some experience drive it to you than it would to have it towed to you.  Besides, I'd LOVE the opportunity to drive an SC.  Smiley

Just an option for ya.  I need my bus back on the road, and I'm willing to be a courier to get it done.  Smiley

-Mac

1953 Flxible Visicoach
http://b.logthis.net/toothless
tpboj

PD4501-805

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2009, 04:38:26 AM »

Thank You all for your help and support. I was able to get additional time in it's current storage location, but her welcome there is limited. My current plan is to try to get more time off for the 4th of July weekend and head out with a load of tools, get her running and evaluate her road worthiness. I would prefer to drive her home. Towing home is last resort. As with my classic cars, I don't want a Trailer Queen I want to drive it.
Thanks Again
Tom
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: