Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 01:38:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus Toys-- Show Them Off Here  (Read 2974 times)
Brill-o

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2006, 04:40:06 PM »

Well….
 Dallas, Pete, and Nick, either I’m a “thread killer”, or not many here have the same interest in the smaller coaches as us.

And beautiful model, Nick! I love it.

Either way, here are…

My “Conversions”

Now this is a totally different ball of wax-

What I’ve shown so far are neat to look at, but that’s it—just something nice to look at.

These babies move!

As a winter hobby of mine, I’ll take a small plastic bus (metal ones are too heavy) and “convert” it to electric power and run them on a track! I have a large track in my basement with a bus line running on it!
(I build other vehicles besides buses, as well).

These are my “runners”

Cont..

Mind the Gap!
Brill-o

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2006, 04:50:38 PM »

The first one above has working headlights, too (hard to tell in the pic).

This is the German Komet-

As shown, the bonnet is removable so when I built it I detailed the engine as well.

Cont..

Mind the Gap!
Dallas

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006, 04:52:35 PM »

Wow!
Those are KEWL!

Come on the rest of you Ladies and Gents,

Fire up the ol' camera and let's see what you got!

(Or I'll pull out pictures of all my tootsie toys and hot wheels buses!)

Dallas
Brill-o

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2006, 04:55:44 PM »

This is a Benz Coach-

I believe it was used as a fire transport for additional fire-fighters at a big blaze-

Cont..
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 09:47:27 PM by Brill-o » Logged

Mind the Gap!
Brill-o

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2006, 05:01:30 PM »

Thank you Dallas!

These are a group-photo of all (except one)of the original Slot-buses (in HO scale) that were made in Germany in the 60’s.

The first one a fellow sent me (also from Germany), and is a Setra

There’s nothing like having a “dead” 1/1 bus outside- and coming in and taking your frustration out on a running (albeit 1/64th scale) bus, inside. (Haven’t quite got to this point with the Brill, yet!)

A small but nice pain reliever and mental release….unless your kids want to “race” them and tear em’ up!

When I get this old girl sorted out and start working on her insides, I’ll bring a track to the first bus bash we attend with her. It should be quite fun!

With this I’ll leave this thread to die a “slow death”......

Cheers..

Mind the Gap!
BJ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2006, 09:24:38 PM »

Uh I've got a problem about this. there isn't enough space for my collection. I have been told I could start a bus museum. I have approx 25 various posters, approx 25 different pictures, all of old stuff.265 toy buses, from the rubber ones from the 30's to the newer ones. grreyhound stuff is most of my collection including an original still in the packeage greyhound inflatable pillow and a scenicruiser first air kit which is complete. I got started around 25 years ago an am always looking for new stuff. Oh yes I have approx in operating manuals and repair manuals, oh 30 or so. Hey I even have a greyhound thermos and several greyhound mechanics training manuals. more and more, oh my god.....tie tacks, tickets, postcards. etc. anyway you get the idea.
Dallas

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 12:35:37 AM »

Uh I've got a problem about this. there isn't enough space for my collection. I have been told I could start a bus museum. I have approx 25 various posters, approx 25 different pictures, all of old stuff.265 toy buses, from the rubber ones from the 30's to the newer ones. grreyhound stuff is most of my collection including an original still in the packeage greyhound inflatable pillow and a scenicruiser first air kit which is complete. I got started around 25 years ago an am always looking for new stuff. Oh yes I have approx in operating manuals and repair manuals, oh 30 or so. Hey I even have a greyhound thermos and several greyhound mechanics training manuals. more and more, oh my god.....tie tacks, tickets, postcards. etc. anyway you get the idea.

Hey BJ!

We can't ogle them if we can't see them.

I never thought about the repair and service manuals! I was just peering at the book case, (it's dark in here), and I think I've got about 25 different ones.

I have'nt gotten into the tietacks and other stuff yet, I want to find one each of the drivers caps for Greyhound and Trailways first.

I do have timetables, tickets, shop logs , driver reports, etc. from a lot of different companies.

Take some pictures and show off a little.

Dallas
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 03:56:23 AM »

Nick,

Did you Dad make the awning, a/c's or RV type stuff or did he get the parts off another model?

Verrrrrry Coooool. Grin

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2006, 05:03:44 AM »

Cliff,

He made them out of wood.

Chopped a spruce tree down, cut it up into small pieces with a pen knife, then carved the small pieces with his finger nails! LOL...

Nick

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: