Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 02:03:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roof air swap  (Read 763 times)
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« on: June 27, 2009, 07:32:21 PM »

Question for Nick, are the Coleman and duo-therm roof airs wired somewhat the same??   I have two Coleman 13500 ducted units I would like to swap with a pair of new Duo-therm brisk air 15K units. I know they will swap holes and are powered with 110 power, my concern is the control wireing to the Coleman wall mounted thermostates, hopefully they will just plug in.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 08:39:27 PM »

Hi Dan,

The coleman remote t-stat units use 22ga. wire to the t- stats. so, you would have to replace the cable in the wall to switch to Dometic.

The Dometic remote t-stat units use standard telephone cable. 4 conductor flat with clip in phone connectors to the comfort control center.

Dometic's comfort control ctr, can control up to 4 units using remote tempature sensors for each zone.

There is still a back order on Dometic Brisk Airs unless the dealer has units on the shelf. The plant fire in Mexico caused major delays but, they

are now starting to catch up with orders on new equipment. Parts however, are still on a 30 day backorder..

Hope this helps
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 11:21:32 PM »

Thanks Nick, I allready have the 15K brisk airs. I wish to install them on a coach that presently has the Colemans that are in good working order but are 11 years old. I dont want to tear up the coach to do it. the Colemans are presently ducted but I guess I could install them as individual controled units using the diffuser controls..Huh>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: