Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 07:10:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BATTERY words of wisdom  (Read 906 times)
kbunnystarr

Ignore
« on: July 09, 2006, 12:43:10 PM »

Hi. WEll, i tested , with the aid of a friend, 2 of the 4 batteries i have in my bus, and believe they need to be replaced. 2 white 2 blk, 2 water cell( white) and not sure anything about the blk ( contacted old owner waiting for response) im pretty sure he told me they need replaced when I bought it. Anyway, please throw some advice my way about batteries)

I am pretty sure I will be at Busnusa, not sure if there are good deals there, or markups for shows, but am hoping to get advice there too.

( trying to get info from the people ar the show/convention on fees for spot to park minus food cause im a vegetarian, but no response yet)

Please tell me anything you feel important about info regarding batteries, i need all the advice i can get guys. Wink

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 10:18:16 PM »

Very simple.  If 2 of the four are in question, just replace all four.  The money you might save by waiting will be eaten up by a battery break down on the road.  Now is the time to replace all four when you are in control of the situation.  Personally, I always get the best battery possible.  They'll last longer and be less likely to leave you stranded.  I personally like the Trojan 1000cca size 31 starting battery.  I have two on my bus that are over four years old and start the bus every time.  Course, if the starting batteries do go down, I can just flip a button to activate my jumper solenoid that ties in the deep cycle batteries for an emergency start (have two Lifeline AGM 8D's for my deep cycle battery).  Also, when you buy the batteries, make sure they are from the same batch.  You can tell by when they were built by the white round sticker on the side of the batteries.  They first have a letter, which is the month counted from A.  The number is the last number of the year it was produced.  So if you get a battery that has "D6" on the side, it was made in April of '06. Try to get four that have been made as recent as you can.  You'll be thanking yourself for replacing all four by not breaking down with dead batteries.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: