Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 06:35:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EEEK, a mouse!!  (Read 5161 times)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2009, 07:54:21 AM »

Actually it is very similar. I am not sure where they got the money for it. It is state of the art....

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2009, 08:11:52 AM »

There are several dozen of those and similar parked beside of I-95 about midway through GA.
JAck

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
DSweet

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2009, 09:14:10 PM »

Several years ago we lived in the San Gabriel Mountains in So. California.  We had no end of problems with people turning up our road and through a gate with private property sign on it. I talked with a customer of mine and he suggested this:  "Private Property, No Tresspassing, Commercial Traffic Prohibited, Entrance by Appointment only!"  Just remember to leave the phone number off.  Our unwanted traffic dribbled to a stop.  I thanked my customer several time for the idea.
cody

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2009, 05:23:13 AM »

When you live in an area like we do that has very few people, (the UP is bigger than some states and has less people in it than a very small city) you have quite a bit of room between houses.  Our Skanee house has 40 miles of nothing behind it, in this type of setting people are much easier to get along with, for the most part the only people that stop into the skanee house are either lost and looking for directions or actually looking for us.  Its the skanee house that will be home to the anti-KOA.
jackhartjr

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2009, 05:47:49 AM »

Cody...what is a 'skanee house'?
Thanks
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
8V71 Detroit
cody

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2009, 06:06:13 AM »

We keep 2 of our houses for personal use, we have the Skanee house, thats a home in Skanee, a small town, and the Baraga house, thats where we are right now, Baraga is a small town on Lake Superior, for the most part our daughter jamie lives in this one and looks after the others when we are wandering around lost and homely.  We have some others that we use for rentals for income purposes but the skanee house and the baraga house are for our use, the skanee house is where I'm building sites for buses to escape the southern heat, called the anti-KOA, with good rules to keep it nice, rules like all adult beverages must be in the original containers and all rv's newer than 10 years must be approved, all dogs must run free and enjoy life, stuff like that. lol
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2009, 06:43:14 AM »

... rules like all adult beverages must be in the original containers and all rv's newer than 10 years must be approved, all dogs must run free and enjoy life, stuff like that. lol

Well, that puts me out! My son got me some pilsner glasses that have a gel in the sides. You freeze them and they'll stay cold through 2, maybe 3, beers, depending on the speed you drink them. Guess I'll have to park at the local walmart.

Dang uppity park owners!  Roll Eyes

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
jackhartjr

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2009, 06:47:16 AM »

Craig...I am sure Cody will let you use those galasses...provided you keep the original container in sight...those things work...even when it hit 100 here!
JAck
Cody, thanks for 'plainin' that to me...I thought maybe there was a type of hose I had not heard about!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
8V71 Detroit
MacGyver

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2009, 09:31:53 AM »

A lot of town names in the great Ice Bowl of the USA are from Indian names...  In this case, Chippewa....  I'm descended from the Ojibwa (North of the Canadian border), but they happen to be known as Chippewa once you move south of the Canadian border.  Smiley  At least, that's how it's been explained to me throughout my life...  It's unfortunate, but my Grandmother actually destroyed all records of this MANY before she died because it was a "family shame" at the time.  Sad  Any hope of finding the proof of it died with her.  Sigh.  Maybe someday I'll be able to research it and find the connection on my own...

How Baraga County's name originated:
    Named for missionary Bishop Frederick Baraga (1797-1868); who worked among the Native Americans in the area and wrote a Chippewa grammar and dictionary.
Baraga County Official Website: http://www.baragacounty.org/

-Mac

1953 Flxible Visicoach
http://b.logthis.net/toothless
cody

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2009, 02:00:39 PM »

Actually your pretty close, Skanee was named for the town that some of the swedish imigrants that founded it were from, Skane in sweden, Yep biship baraga was a major player in this area, as was father marquette.  The local tribe here still refer to themselves as Ojibwa but the term is pretty much interchangable, My great grandmother was 100% cree up till around her 7th birthday, she was removed from her people NW of LaTour, west of Quebec City by the Jesuit missionaries and she suddenly became french canadian and her complete history was misplaced at that point at the mission school, I'm sure it was just misplaced lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: