Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 07:53:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the best recliner?  (Read 2705 times)
johns4104s

Ignore
« on: July 06, 2009, 06:23:46 PM »

We may be in the market for a couch change out. Our thoughts are recliners, what experience  do you guys have with recliners?

Thanks

John
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 06:38:33 PM »

John, check www.discountvantruck.com the have have different types Sonja purchased hers from some outfit that sell furniture from Denmark she like the European style.I am going to buy one from the above with heat and massage                        good luck
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 04:20:57 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 06:41:35 PM »

I have a lot of experience with recliners!!! Wink Actually we have both a recliner and a fold out couch in the bus. If not for the grandkids camping out with us I would just get 2 lazyboys and get rid of the couch. I still might. As my wife can attest to, I can sleep in a recliner easier than that fold out couch. Maybe when we get some new recliners for the house I'll move the old ones into the bus. I got em broke in now!! Later

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 06:43:27 PM »

Tami and I really like the Heat and Massage, but the link will not work? Do you have another link?

Thanks

John
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 07:07:53 PM »

Luvrbus.

Are you familiar with this one??

John

Click Image to Enlarge

Stock #030012
Retail $649.95
Your Price
$499

BACK to All RV RECLINERS
The Tucson swivel recliner chairs are designed for optimal interior motorhome's performance on the open road. Its streamlined form and firm feel is perfect for the occasional vacationer. These rv seats and other rv furniture come standard in Ultimate Leather which is as soft as calfskin, yet cleans as easily with mild soap and water. This rv motorhome furnitures' stitching is very durable and made to withstand the wear and tear of long road trips in your motorhome.
Standard Features:

Our RV furniture utilizes a high density foam package for better comfort and long-term foam retention.
Heavy duty tubular frame rv furniture construction
Clip off back for easy entry in smaller rv doors.
Pop up full leg support
Three year rv seats manufacturers limited warranty on frame construction
All materials meet or exceed FMVSS #302 rv furniture safety standards

Available Colors

OPTIONS   RV Swivel Recliner   

Built In Seat Massage
This seat massage system will give you complete control with the wireless technology. Driver and passenger are separated by their own frequencies. Each with a 6 motor massage with 9 programs.   Stock #119004
Your Price
$100
   Seat Heater
Back bottom heating pads have built in sensors that will give you a fast warm up on high setting
and soothing warmth on low setting.   Stock #119003
Your Price
$100
   Tray Table with Cup Holder-Right Side (when sitting on sofa)
A unique and very practical addition that will hold you food and drink or even offer you a small writing area. [additional information]   Stock #435012
Your Price
$129
   Tray Table without Cup Holder-Right Side (when sitting on sofa)
A unique and very practical addition that will hold you food and drink or even offer you a small writing area. [additional information]   Stock #435022
Your Price
$129
   Tray Table with Cup Holder-Left Side(when sitting on sofa)
A unique and very practical addition that will hold you food and drink or even offer you a small writing area. [additional information]   Stock #435013
Your Price
$129
   Tray Table without Cup Holder-Left Side (when sitting on sofa)
A unique and very practical addition that will hold you food and drink or even offer you a small writing area. [additional information]   Stock #435023
Your Price
$129

The best price an quality combination available in rv accessories, rv furniture, rv captains chairs, , rv seats rv
sofa bed, rv sofa beds, rv home style furniture, rv custom seats, leather rv seats , rv sofas, discount rv furniture.
With our discount pricing on rv furniture you will not need to be satisfied with used or surplus rv furniture.

Home
l   
Van
l   
Truck
l   
SUV
l   
RV
l   
RV Specials
l   
Site Map
l   
Affiliates
l   
Contact Us

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 04:28:55 AM »

Here is the corrected link to Discount Furniture.  www.discountvantruck.com  From my experience, they are good quality but there build time is very slow. 4/22 order date invoice had an estimated shipping date of 5/20. They finally arrived 6/16.  When I called on 6/2 to check on the order, I was told they would go into production on 6/3.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 05:29:14 AM »

Jack,

Which furniture do you have?

John
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 05:34:23 AM »

Jack,
Which furniture do you have?
John

John,
    Our furniture is Elkhart Surplus.  The furniture from discount was for a bus I was working on for a gentleman in Chicago area.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 06:04:27 AM »

Jack,

What would you recommend? Elkhart ( which outlet ) or Discount?
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 06:55:56 AM »

I'm a big boy (over 300lbs) and the Flexsteel recliner has worked well for me.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 07:30:54 AM »

John, surplus is your better buy if you can live with what they have not many options you buy what they have.
Call the guys at Discount it is all hand made and they do have a few items in stock and will ship in a hurry but they are slow on deliveries when custom making worth the wait for me.
I am not a big fan of the Flexsteel stuff for full time use our coach has all Villa furniture with the exception of her Denmark chair and it has been great for years        good luck
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 08:08:20 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Skykingrob

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 06:24:19 PM »

Hi All
I recently made a trip to Elkhart to visit several surplus places, Brad and Hall and another place called Lambrights Comfort Chairs. Most of the surplus places had stuff from Villa and Flexsteel. Most all the Villa stuff is really good quality but is pricey. The flexsteel depends. What I was told by folks from Brad and Hall and Discount RV and Van about flexsteel is this: a manufacturer will design a chair, sofa, whatever for a coach then go to a manufacturer to make the product for them. For example, Newmar engineers design a sofa that they send to several manufacturers to get bids for producing it. For items from highend coach manufacturers going into highend coaches, the quality is better but for lowend manufacturers on lowend coaches, the quality is less. The companies like flexsteel and others have a product that they can retail through places like Brad and Hall, etc with the design cost being covered by coach manufacturers, who of course, pass it on to the new owners of the coaches. This was the explanation why some Flexsteel products seemed better quality than others. This may explain why for TomC it has worked well but Lubrbus wasn't impressed. I don't know if this is true information but it is what I was told.
Now, I had the opportunity to visit the Lambright folks. They are out in the country about 35 miles SE of Elkhart. They are amish and the quality was very high and was handmade on the sopt. The chair is a recliner but it is wall huger only requiring 3" from the wall to fully recline. I am 6', 235# and have a 40" waist and the chair was just comfortable, if I was a couple of inches bigger, it would have not worked, so for those folks bigger, it probably isn't an option. There are a lot of fabric and ultraleather options. They don't take plastic for payment. I ordered it on the phone, he told me he would ship it in 1 week and when it arrived I could send a check for it. I got ultraleather and it was $599 plus shipping. The website is http://www.amishcountry.org/destinations/lambrightcomfortchairs

HTH

Rob
91 LeMirage XL
Missouri
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 06:44:37 PM »

We may be in the market for a couch change out. Our thoughts are recliners, what experience  do you guys have with recliners?

I have two la-z-boy type swivel rocking recliners, on one side and will be putting a folddown couch on the other.

I kept the original pax seat rails in the floor, and bolted the swivel bases to them.

John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 06:59:51 PM »

Excellent topic.

We are going to be looking for a recliner for ours. The only problem is that the one who will be riding in it has a very sensitive back. Her back will do fine in a normal recliner, but not in some other nice chairs. We would put a normal recliner in the bus, but the problem is they aren't built well. We need a "recliner" type chair, that sits just like a recliner, and that we are able to put a seat belt on. We will bolt the chair down to a 3/8" plate that is welded to the bus frame.

Any ideas???

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Skykingrob

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 05:59:55 PM »

John, et all
To fasten your recliners to the floor, Trina at RV Surplus Salvage in Elkhart, has brackets that bolt to the floor and have a quick turn knob to release the chair if you want to move it. She sold me a pair for our recliner for $10. These brackets will only accomodate chairs that have a 1" pipe base.

Rob
91 Prevost LeMirage XL
Missouri
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: