Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 05:47:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the ed light on the speedo?  (Read 1045 times)
loosenut
Confidently Ignorant

Ignore
« on: July 08, 2009, 11:29:06 AM »

I have a read light that comes on at 50ish and stays on above 50ish and goes off below 50ish.  It is at the top of the speedo under the 50 number.  Nothing bad has happened above 50.  Any ideas?

Mike

This is an edit of a post that went horribly wrong.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 11:34:33 AM by loosenut » Logged

Sold 85 Neoplan 33ft 6V92ta, sadly busless
zimtok

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 11:51:01 AM »

I seem to remember that some vehicles had a indicator light for speed above 55mph. This was back when they reduced the speed limit to "Save Lives".

1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 11:53:58 AM »

I hear it is not uncommon when you reach 50 and beyond to experience "E.D.".    Fortunately, they have pills for that now.  Now if it last for more than 4 hours ......  Grin

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 11:58:30 AM »

You can change the speed on the back of the speedometer. I have a Dixson with that feature and changed it to 75 mph.    good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Airbag

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 12:01:40 PM »

I hear it is not uncommon when you reach 50 and beyond to experience "E.D.".    Fortunately, they have pills for that now.  Now if it last for more than 4 hours ......  Grin

Now thats quick thinking "brilliant"
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 02:04:50 PM »

. . .or it means that this is a subject he's become familiar with (a la "Airplane II") . . .  Cheesy

Now thats quick thinking "brilliant"
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 07:22:32 PM »

As they say.... "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."   Wink

loosenut
Confidently Ignorant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 08:06:46 AM »

I didn't think of this when I wrote the question but I don't suppose 'a red light on my speedo' would have been any better. Wink

Sold 85 Neoplan 33ft 6V92ta, sadly busless
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 03:54:18 PM »

I must admit, when I first read the title of the post, I was wondering to myself what an "ed light" was.  I thought maybe there was an abreviation for some bus system that lit up a label saying ED.  Then, I though maybe it was a typo, and you dropped the "L" from LED light (as in light emitting diode).  Took me longer than I want to admit that it was a "red" light.

I ain't goin' anywhere near the red light speedo comment.    It dredges up past discussions of certain busnuts in a thong, and I am still undergoing therapy from that.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: