Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 11:43:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the one year anniversary of my untimely demise  (Read 2355 times)
cody

« on: July 10, 2009, 04:24:24 AM »

Well folks, this isn't directly bus related but it's busnut related lol, today is the one year anniversary of my untimely death from a massive heart attack, it's also the one year anniversary of my untimely revival from that death, twice as a matter of fact, it was also one year ago today, that I quit smoking as a result of that heart attack and I haven't looked at a cigarette since, the money I saved from not buying cigarettes has been a lot, ( cartons of cigarettes are up to almost 9 bucks a carton here now for generics)  that money has gone back into the bus in the form of a better class of sawdust being piled.  The main reason I'm noting this day is because the doctors were doubtful I would see it because of the extent of the damage that was done by the infarction, ( I love that word lol), but one year has passed and I'm heading into my second year of survivorship and I feel not only proud but thankful, thankful to be alive and thankful for the many friends I have here on the board that have stood by me through out the inconvienses that have cropped up. Here I am, like it or not, still around to make somebody's day a little more difficult lol.
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 04:29:03 AM »

Allow me to offer sincere congratulations on your accomplishment and your being around to receive such congratulations!

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 04:43:50 AM »

It's been that long? I'm glad you're still here to give us trouble! Roll Eyes

Keep making sawdust, maybe that is the reason you're still here!

Say Hi to Libby, you guys are always in my prayers.

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 04:44:41 AM »

Congratulations!!   Hope you celebrate many more of these anniverseries.  We are presently at a CCO bus rally near Elsie, MI.  I will let you know when we get up closer to ya'll.  Jack
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 05:41:26 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 04:59:25 AM »

Cody,

Congratulations!!! I hope that you are around for another 40 of these anniversaries Grin Grin Grin.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 05:07:25 AM »

Congrats indeed Cody!!

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
junkman42

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 05:35:39 AM »

Cody, please keep making My day more difficult!  I truly enjoy Your post's, You certainly make My day better.  The best to You and the Wife.  Regards, John
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 05:39:30 AM »

We are all blessed by deaths loss.  We are fortunate to have you and your wicked sense of humor still here with us.  Hopefully you will continue to fight and continue to keep us informed and entertained here on the board. You are a perfect example of how prayers do get answered.

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
cody

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 05:42:17 AM »

Wow, not sure I can live up to those expectations, you asking a lot there cat lol.  It really doesn't seem like a year has gone by tho.
cody

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 06:01:09 AM »

Looking forward to it jack, I talked to the guy out at the point yesterday, he runs the campground on the bay, just for grins and chuckles I asked him what the rates were now, he said 20 a day but if I wanted to drag in a bunch or buses for a rally or something like that he'd give a free day for 2 paid ones, thats not a bad deal I guess, told him I'd think about it.
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 06:11:28 AM »

I think we should plan a shindig for your 10th and 20th anniversery !!!!!

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
poppi

mci 8 L10 ZF tranmission; helena

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 06:36:09 AM »

Cody,

Thank you for sharing your accomplishments...........Well worth it I might add Smiley

So what is your encore for this next year?...........Maybe get to do some road time Smiley

Take care of yourself and that better half...... you are the only "Cody Sawdust Wizard" we have!

Skip

Snow disappeared......Now where did I put that bus?
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 06:42:02 AM »

Wow Cody! This is a day to celebrate big time!  We are all very happy that you chose to prove the doctors wrong.  Somebody has to do that.  Keep up the good work.  We look forward to celebrating many more with you.

A lot of folks here and elsewhere were praying for you and still do.  It is a great blessing that you are still around and still able to make saw dust.  We praise God for that.  I think God has a special affection for sawdust makers since Christ grew up the son of a carpenter and likely became a carpenter by trade before setting out on His ministry.

cody

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 06:47:16 AM »

I appreciate the good thoughts but actually my motivation came from not giving up my life insurance willingly, my dad used to tell me the secret to a long marriage was simple, it's life insurance, last one standing wins, so far I'm still in the running lol.
poppi

mci 8 L10 ZF tranmission; helena

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 07:20:08 AM »

Cody,

I was taught just a smidge different.

Never be worth more dead than alive  Grin

Skip

Snow disappeared......Now where did I put that bus?
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 07:26:58 AM »

Wow, only a year huh? Seems like forever since we seen you down here! Kinda reminds me of the Song Copperhead Rd. Ya know,
"Cody ran sawdust in a big white eagle, only come south about once every couple yrs! I knew something wasn't right when I heard Libby say when the Dr.s came around in the middle of the night!"
Grin  BK  Grin

Really congrats! Now can we get Libby to hurry up and post her anniversary of her mishap! Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 07:30:35 AM »

Cody,

The older I get, the less I trust Docs.  Probably cuz I have kids their age.  However, I'm glad yours was wrong as I hope to pick your brain for a long time.  Wink

Funny how different our outlook on life and what is / isn't important changes, eh?

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 07:57:15 AM »

Congratulations Cody

My dad said good estate planning is to have the last check you write before you die bounce.

Keep making someones day more difficult.

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
series60

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 08:11:49 AM »

Hey Cody, Congratulations!

Thanks for having the courage to be upfront about the smoking bit.  It was seeing the personal testimony of a dear lady about 10 years ago that gave me the encouragement to finally quit smoking.  It was and still is tough.  But your story reinforces my resolve.

Be strong, enjoy each day. 
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2009, 08:14:13 PM »

Happy anniversary, Cody. Hang tough and keep spreading the word.  And keep working on that bus... we're counting on 'ya.

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
Airbag

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2009, 08:51:34 PM »

Cody I wish you many many more miles. Enjoy everyone of them. We only get about 25,000 revolutions on this dirt ball. I read a post on another forum of a gentleman that put 1,500 marbles in a jar when he was fifty. Each marble represented the Saturdays he had left. Every Saturday he would take a marble out of the jar and he posted because he had removed the last one.

Every Saturday to me is a celebration for I have had three heart attacks. All the men on my mothers side of the family died young from them. It's amazing what they can do for your survival these days. It sounds like you've taken charge of your life and should have many marbles left in your jar.
lyndon
1988 MC-9 DDC 6V92TA Fuller T-11605D

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 09:07:12 PM »

Congratulations, Cody! It's a great to have you around. Though we've never met, I'll always remember you as the first busnut I actually communicated with; you gave me a warm welcome in the chat room when I joined the forum and helped me feel like a part of this excellent community.

I have some familiarity with beating the odds. My mother suffered a heart attack 2 1/2 years ago and just keeps feeling better. She's 89. Dad recovered fully from lung cancer some 15 years ago (it cured him of smoking, too). He's just 3 weeks younger that mom. Both remain active and look forward to 90 in the fall.

I spend most of my time here just lurking and learning, but I hope you are enjoying the ride as much as we are enjoying having you!

Don

Don
1988 MC-9
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 09:20:52 PM »

Congrats Cody,  I guess you can say the bus saved you life Wink

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2009, 02:09:30 AM »

Congratulation Cody! One year since the shaky ordeal turn into more healthy Cody.

Plus...your post is also inspiring testimony about your smoking came to a streaking halt and the joy of putting more of that money in the things that is healthier.

Gerald & Lynette

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
MCI-RICK

1986 TMC 102A3 6V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2009, 05:13:54 AM »

Congrats Cody! Smiley  You know you can't leave until your bus is "done".  Then again, a bus is never done so you just can't go!  Hope to read your posts for years to come!

Rick

Aim high but look out below
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: