Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 03:03:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the one year anniversary of my untimely demise  (Read 2644 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 07:26:58 AM »

Wow, only a year huh? Seems like forever since we seen you down here! Kinda reminds me of the Song Copperhead Rd. Ya know,
"Cody ran sawdust in a big white eagle, only come south about once every couple yrs! I knew something wasn't right when I heard Libby say when the Dr.s came around in the middle of the night!"
Grin  BK  Grin

Really congrats! Now can we get Libby to hurry up and post her anniversary of her mishap! Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 07:30:35 AM »

Cody,

The older I get, the less I trust Docs.  Probably cuz I have kids their age.  However, I'm glad yours was wrong as I hope to pick your brain for a long time.  Wink

Funny how different our outlook on life and what is / isn't important changes, eh?

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 07:57:15 AM »

Congratulations Cody

My dad said good estate planning is to have the last check you write before you die bounce.

Keep making someones day more difficult.

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
series60

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 08:11:49 AM »

Hey Cody, Congratulations!

Thanks for having the courage to be upfront about the smoking bit.  It was seeing the personal testimony of a dear lady about 10 years ago that gave me the encouragement to finally quit smoking.  It was and still is tough.  But your story reinforces my resolve.

Be strong, enjoy each day. 
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2009, 08:14:13 PM »

Happy anniversary, Cody. Hang tough and keep spreading the word.  And keep working on that bus... we're counting on 'ya.

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
Airbag

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2009, 08:51:34 PM »

Cody I wish you many many more miles. Enjoy everyone of them. We only get about 25,000 revolutions on this dirt ball. I read a post on another forum of a gentleman that put 1,500 marbles in a jar when he was fifty. Each marble represented the Saturdays he had left. Every Saturday he would take a marble out of the jar and he posted because he had removed the last one.

Every Saturday to me is a celebration for I have had three heart attacks. All the men on my mothers side of the family died young from them. It's amazing what they can do for your survival these days. It sounds like you've taken charge of your life and should have many marbles left in your jar.
lyndon
1988 MC-9 DDC 6V92TA Fuller T-11605D

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 09:07:12 PM »

Congratulations, Cody! It's a great to have you around. Though we've never met, I'll always remember you as the first busnut I actually communicated with; you gave me a warm welcome in the chat room when I joined the forum and helped me feel like a part of this excellent community.

I have some familiarity with beating the odds. My mother suffered a heart attack 2 1/2 years ago and just keeps feeling better. She's 89. Dad recovered fully from lung cancer some 15 years ago (it cured him of smoking, too). He's just 3 weeks younger that mom. Both remain active and look forward to 90 in the fall.

I spend most of my time here just lurking and learning, but I hope you are enjoying the ride as much as we are enjoying having you!

Don

Don
1988 MC-9
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 09:20:52 PM »

Congrats Cody,  I guess you can say the bus saved you life Wink

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2009, 02:09:30 AM »

Congratulation Cody! One year since the shaky ordeal turn into more healthy Cody.

Plus...your post is also inspiring testimony about your smoking came to a streaking halt and the joy of putting more of that money in the things that is healthier.

Gerald & Lynette

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
MCI-RICK

1986 TMC 102A3 6V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2009, 05:13:54 AM »

Congrats Cody! Smiley  You know you can't leave until your bus is "done".  Then again, a bus is never done so you just can't go!  Hope to read your posts for years to come!

Rick

Aim high but look out below
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: