Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 10:20:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeep towinh question  (Read 1271 times)
Bob Gilbert

Ignore
« on: July 10, 2006, 03:20:25 PM »

I am looking at a 2006 Liberty and have a question on what 4WD is suitable for towing.Thanks Bob
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 03:49:01 PM »

Your best source of informaion on that subject would be the Jeep dealer.  If you're buying from a private party it's doubtful that you'd get the proper information.  Do you plan to tow 4 down?  Or a dolly?  Does your state require that you have brakes on the toad?

Most of what you are asking are answers that you can find out from your local authorities...and please don't misunderstand...I'm not being rude.

We need some information.  Re: the weight of your 'toad', which State you live in, your bus...etc.

Fill in the blanks and someone will be happy to help you.

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 07:01:19 PM »

Your best source of informaion on that subject would be the Jeep dealer. 

Not neccessarily.  Two dealers told me that the new Libertys, infact anything post manual trasfer case, were not towable four down, yet if I recall, there are peopl ehere who are doing it.  The best source of info is the vehicle manual.  If it;s towable, the procedure will be in the manual.  My Grand Cherokee manual has a page on towing four down.

Brakes depend on weight.  Most states require brakes over 3000lbs.  If the jeep is less than that, no brakes required.
Dallas

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 02:16:40 AM »

Try this for information on towing:

http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/output.cfm?ID=1073647

I hope it helps

Dallas
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 05:02:56 AM »

We looked at a Jeep Liberty and it was indeed towable. Any Jeep product which has a neutral trandsfer case can be towed. I checked the owners manual myself.  We ended up with a Honda CR-V AWD which is also towable.

I was disapointed in the Liberty's fuel economy. Even the diesel gets only around 28. The CR-V seems a little more civilized.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: