Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
May 28, 2018, 01:19:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Need - HT-748 / ATEC wiring for an MCI  (Read 2457 times)
RTS/Daytona

Pete RTS/Daytona ->'89 TMC 35' 102" 6V92TA 4:10

Ignore
« on: July 08, 2009, 02:28:23 PM »

Hi All

I've been talking with Tony Hurd up in CT. - He's changing his engine and tranny - from stick to an automatic Allison HT-748

I have most of the ATEC manuals for my RTS V731 (same ATEC computer) - and have been able to help figure out what many of the loose wires in the harness that Tony received with the engine and tranny

But there are some wire that we are having trouble with - It appears that the MCI (the donor bus) uses some unique labels on their wiring harness

The ones I can't fiqure out have the following stamped on the wires
SP10,  SP11,  SP12,  SP 17,  SP20,  SP24,  3BK,  4BK,  3ABK,  36WHB,  36WHC,  46GB1, 280,  402,  404,  406 ---

Most of the other wires have the somewhat standard ATEC  numers like 211,  207A,  207B,  216A, 216B  

What were hoping for is that SOMEONE out there has an MCI Wiring Diagram that will help use figure out the wiring

The diagram may be  MCI Part#-7L-13-429  or  7L-13-1480A ??

Can anyone help us out

Thanks

Pete RTS/Daytona  ...386..672.0571...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:15:30 AM by RTS/Daytona » Logged

If you ain't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 07:39:58 AM »

Pete I am sorry I am no help for this! But I was wondering if you ever got any help since I see no posts here about it! I wish Sammy was still around, he'd had answers!  Sad
BK

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
RTS/Daytona

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 08:59:17 AM »

BK

Actually - NO ONE HAS OFFERED TO HELP - not a single person !!!

I'm discussed at this point - For all the G/D times I've helped other Bus Converters with their problems - One of the few times I ask for help - (It's not even my bus - it's Tony's up in CT) - no one steps forward

I know there are a bunch of you that have MCI's and ATEC TRANNY's  (HT748 or other HT700 pushbutton shifted tranny) - bet most of you have the wiring diagrams that I need that shows things like the ATEC J1A and J1B and Pushbotton shifter box connectiions)

I've ALWAYS TRIED TO PAY FOWARD - guess what - IT doesn't work

You Know for all the late nite calls - I take - All the hand holding I do - You'd think that some of you would be KIND enough to offer to help

I just might as well pack up / quite all the bus boards that I'm on / and go away   --- WHAT"S THE F***ING SENSE ANYMORE

Pete - DOWNRIGHT DICUSSED in DAYTONA

dale

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 09:18:55 AM »

Someone needs to help pete, hes a great guy and has helped many people including myself,come on guys its time to step up. who knows you may need his help in the near future. if you might know someone with is info. hit them up!!!
Dallas

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 09:27:39 AM »

Pete,
I've got some stuff that Sammy sent me on Bill's 741 but as far as I can tell it doesn't mention any of those special numbers you mentioned.
If you want I can send it to you. I meant to offer earlier, but got busy with some other pressing stuff and forgot.

This is probably 5 or 6Mb worth of stuff, so let me know.

Dallas
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 09:34:14 AM »

Pete, I have one for a model 20 Eagle with a 748 but I cannot help you with a MCI.
The NJT MCI guys should help you out the model 20 manuals don't show those numbers   

Good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
paul102a3

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 10:09:25 AM »

Pete,

Just to let you know that some folks may have tried to help you but in the end, could not really help.

I have a PDF version of the MIC manual and do in fact have the 7L-13-429 diagram. I did not respond initially due to the fact that the reproduction is so poor, I can't make out the wire numbers. I can tell there are some numbers starting with 4 but beyond that it all runs together.

I know this doesn't help solve your problem but I for one did try.

Hope it all works out!

Paul

2001 Prevost XL II
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 01:11:06 PM »

Pete,
I'm sorry to have asked! I had noticed that there had been no response. So I thought I would ask, hoping someone had called rather than posted., But I can clearly see they haven't.
It wasn't my intention to P*** you off to where you had to blow up about it.
I also know that you, me and many others on these boards spend much time on the phones, internet and in person helping others. Many times with little or no thanks, of course the thanks ain't why we do it, we do it because that's the way we are! I can''t help because we have NEVER OWNED AN MCI! w/ electronic trans, and have no info on them!

I am sorry that no one else stepped up to the plate to help, and that you are so disgusted about it. I seriously know how ya feel, but quitting the boards and cussing about it ain't gonna help Tony or even you!
You know as well as I do we love these ol' beasts, and the nuts who drive them!  Lips Sealed  BK   Lips Sealed

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
RTS/Daytona

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 03:40:25 PM »

BK

How could I / why would I  - ever be mad a you - That ain't going happen - my friend - I KNOW how hard you work on helping others - Thank you

I was just spouting off about the lack of response - in a hope that I'd shack some of the guys out their thinking - why bother - someone else will post - well come on guys - no one really posted that they have the diagram that is readable

Pete

« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 03:42:35 PM by RTS/Daytona » Logged

niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 01:40:52 AM »

Pete - Sorry about your frustration - many of us would like to help, but are unable - I will say that if you can contact the people at Tejas Coach, they may have the answers you need to help Tony - Sorry that it's all I can offer - HTH

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 06:35:50 PM »

Pete,

I did try to help, spent about an hour going over all my stuff that Sammy sent me.  However, it was for a 741.  I had hope to find something to go on.   I didn't even find, one of your numbers you were looking for.

Sorry you thought no one was looking.  I should have told you I was looking.

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
pvcces

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 11:11:21 AM »

Pete, I know how much you have helped me, and I would try to help in return, but I don't have anything that can help this time, except to try to encourage you to stay with the boards. I do think that the fact that it is summer is cutting into the help you are getting.

I am sure that there are people out there that have the information that you need, and I think that you will get some help when the right busnut sees this thread.

Tom Caffrey

Tom Caffrey PD4106-2576
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 02:16:23 PM »

Pete,

Just sent you EVERYTHING I had from Sammy.  I sure hope your internet connection is not dial-up.

Somethings you will need to enlarge to a good size print.

Good Luck,

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: