Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 10:31:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sam Walker?  (Read 4257 times)
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2009, 10:52:55 AM »

As a newbie I really am not much up to date on some things that have happened in the past. While I am getting the parts for eliminating my air beams and changing to the rolling lobe bags on my 7 I ran into or was directed to this site...    http://busconversion101.com/air_suspension.htm

I sent them an email as to prices and such and got a return recommending me to Mohawk to save some money. Here is the response,,,,

H Scott ,

WE are swamped right now and I thought I would share a discount with you ..Our supplier of these airbag kits is Mohawk Manufacturing ..

You can call them direct and let them know what you needs are and  they will be able to help you too ..

This should help you save about 25% if you go directly through them ..

https://www.mohawkmfg.com/shop/search?description=&part_number=12C-1-36-A&component=

Good luck,
 let me know if you need more help ..

Sincerely,

Sam Walker
Next Level Coach, Inc.
610-767-8000
www.Buses101.com
www.SlideOutPros.com
www.OpenTopCruiser.com
www.BusRVparts.com

www.BusLimo101.com
www.Buscustomer.com

I recognized the name through various posts here and was wondering if this is the same person some of you have warned us about. Just curious and not wanting to start any commotion. Thanks, Later

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 11:00:52 AM »

This is the same one.  Shocked Shocked Shocked He's out and loose Shocked Shocked Shocked.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
cody

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 03:24:37 PM »

Same company name that the other guy used too lol, ain't it strange that the other guy just happened to buy out sam and completely paid his debts, made good on it all, clean sheet, and all that and now that sam is out, poof, he's up and rolling. interesting
Airbag

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 03:31:28 PM »

Scott I think I may have posted that link and it was intended for reference only. I have never done any business with these guys but thought the pictures would be handy. Were you having problems with a frozen tag axle? Maybe someone else?

Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 04:35:30 PM »

I see Sam is right back to his old tricks, posting dozens and dozens of other people's photos on his sites, making the implication that he has something to do with them.  In the past, he's implied that these coaches were in his inventory, or the conversions were his work.

When George Dausch came on this board back in February to claim that he had taken over Walker Coach and cleaned up the company's act, I took him to task for exactly the same behavior, in this post:
http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=10871.msg114126#msg114126

Personally, I would not trust either of these individuals or any of their respective business enterprises to give me the correct time of day, let alone deal honestly and fairly in any more important matter.

If they are going to stoop to copyright infringement and misrepresentation on their web sites, how honestly do you think they will represent anything they are trying to sell you?

JMO, of course, and YMMV, FWIW.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 05:01:41 PM »

I guess I found it strange that someone would have a website with part #'s and such but then recommend that I go directly to their supplier instead. That's a bit different. No big deal Airbag. I had already searched and found that site previously. Later all

John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 05:25:27 AM »

Interesting way to pay for a building http://pa.mypublicnotices.com/PublicNotice.asp?Page=PublicNotice&AdId=1467905....

Must mean that they are hurting for money.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 06:01:03 AM »

You guys should put this Walker deal to sleep I don't know him but just reading and my experience with converters he did what most do only on a larger scale and got caught.
 Guys have been kicked off this board for making comments about Mike (MAK) and others but this is allowed  put the horse up and lock the gate.       good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 06:31:22 AM »

You guys should put this Walker deal to sleep I don't know him but just reading and my experience with converters he did what most do only on a larger scale and got caught.
 Guys have been kicked off this board for making comments about Mike (MAK) and others but this is allowed  put the horse up and lock the gate.       good luck

Amen! I was thinking along those lines myself yesterday. Sheesh!

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
cody

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 07:54:30 AM »

I agree, by now everyone should be aware of him and forewarned, he'll always be the same and able to drum up new one time business but it serves no purpose to continually rehash the old stuff, only so many warnings can be given before you push the baby out of the nest and hope they can fly, same with him, he's pretty much proven to be a predator, thats what he does, he won't change and others will just have to take their chances, let it rest.
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 08:39:08 AM »

I disagree about putting it to bed.  Since this board has no recommended / not-recommended list, how do we warn other bus-nuts about this guy?

Last year I'd talked to him a several times about a bus and some services.  The plan was when I moved down from Alaska I'd swing by there on my way to visit in Tennessee and seal the deal.

I then stumbled on this board and by no design of my own lucked on the old "Sam Walker" thread.  If I hadn't 'lucked' across that older thread I would probably be one of his victims.

Speaking the truth shouldn't be wrong. 

PC is just another way of lying (doublespeak)  IMHO

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
Sean
Geek.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 08:45:15 AM »

I agree, by now everyone should be aware of him and forewarned, ...

Well, OK, except Scott, the OP, stated he was a newbie, so how would he have seen everything that has already been written here?

You could argue that "it's all in the archives," and I would respond that so is almost everything there is to know about batteries, two-stroke oil, electrical wiring, fuel additives, etc. etc., so by that reasoning, newbies shouldn't even have to ask questions or start threads, since it's already all been said.

Of course that's not how it works.  New people are arriving here all the time, and the same questions get repeated here on a regular basis; sometimes, all that is required is a gentle pointer to an existing thread or two in the archives.

In this case, even that is not sufficient, because the situation is in flux.  Back in February, Walker associate George Dausch came on this board to defend his company, and stated unequivocally that the deceptive business practices of the past would stop.  (He also stated that Walker was "penniless").  We all welcomed him, but provided a stern warning that the business had a lot of work to do to build confidence in the community.

As a result of the OP's question, I took the time to look through every web site listed in Sam Walker's email signature, and I found dozens and dozens of deceptive photographs on those sites -- photographs of buses that are not in the Walker/Dausch inventory, that were not converted, worked on, sold, or even looked at by either Walker or Dausch.  None of those photographs is attributed to the original photographer or copyright holder (and, unlike using same on, say, a personal web site, using other people's photographs on your commercial web site to promote your business is copyright infringement), nor are they properly labeled as to the fact that they are not part of their firm's business.

BTW, I disagree with Clifford's suggestion that Walker is no different from other converters, and was simply unlucky enough to be caught.  For one thing, I've never received a cold call from law enforcement regarding anyone else, for another, this was not Mr. Walker's first conviction, but rather his third.  While Pennsylvania law does not seem to bar him from continuing to do business in that state despite his conviction, Florida essentially banned him from ever operating there.

Lastly, regarding the long-standing policy of this board prohibiting attacks on individuals or businesses, I have never understood that to prohibit anyone from bringing forth here established facts (as opposed to opinion or speculation) that would be relevant to a member's decision to do business with a person or company.  In fact, it could be argued that this board has saved many a member from harm (financial or otherwise) by making such relevant facts known.  I'm sure the moderators will step in and correct me on this point if necessary.

New folks coming here deserve the same protection from predatory business practices that the rest of us have enjoyed since joining, within the limits of lawful speech (as opposed, for example, to libel, which would be cause for concern to the moderators and the owners).  Again, JMO.

-Sean
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 08:47:11 AM by Sean » Logged

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 09:03:47 AM »

Ok guys but post the info about all the converters and service people be fair about the deal.
Sean even the one you use has had his share of problems but you never read it here these guys are like homebuilders they get overloaded and under funded and rob Peter to pay Paul.
I am not saying what he done was right just that there are others that have missed jail time and fraud charges I know I have had dealing with a few over the years but I am not going to bash the guys on a board it was between us 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Sean
Geek.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 09:44:16 AM »

Ok guys but post the info about all the converters and service people be fair about the deal.
Sean even the one you use has had his share of problems but you never read it here ...

Clifford, I am nothing if not fair about "the deal."

The OP asked about Sam Walker.  He got answers about... Sam Walker.

If he had asked about, say, Marathon I would have posted what I know about Marathon, and anyone who has asked me about Infinity Coach gets to hear what I know about Infinity Coach.  If you paw through the archives, you will see my frank assessment of the work of several converters, based on direct experience.  I have also written here about some converters based on things they have posted on their various web sites.

If someone starts a thread asking questions about the XYZ company, I do not think it is necessary or appropriate to involve any other company in the answer;  in some cases, that can even approach thread hijacking.

... there are others that have missed jail time and fraud charges I know I have had dealing with a few over the years but I am not going to bash the guys on a board it was between us ...

You have, I am sure, your own reasons for keeping these things to yourself, and I respect that.  Now, please respect my reasons for making a different choice.

-Sean

Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 10:37:35 AM »

If it's ok with the mods I just as soon have this thread locked. My intentions were never to start a commotion. I just came across what appeared to me to be a pretty good website and had intentions of orderering from them. What surprised me was the name Sam Walker in an email response and a bell rung in my head. I did a search to confirm what I was thinking. The name Sam Walker is probably not uncommon and I was backing up my suspitions with you guys.  You do have to give him credit however for responding and directing me to Mohawk. He could have taken my money and made me wait for ever. Once again I'm sure glad I came across this forum and all it has taught me. Later

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: