Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 12:17:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sam Walker?  (Read 4321 times)
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2009, 10:52:55 AM »

As a newbie I really am not much up to date on some things that have happened in the past. While I am getting the parts for eliminating my air beams and changing to the rolling lobe bags on my 7 I ran into or was directed to this site...    http://busconversion101.com/air_suspension.htm

I sent them an email as to prices and such and got a return recommending me to Mohawk to save some money. Here is the response,,,,

H Scott ,

WE are swamped right now and I thought I would share a discount with you ..Our supplier of these airbag kits is Mohawk Manufacturing ..

You can call them direct and let them know what you needs are and  they will be able to help you too ..

This should help you save about 25% if you go directly through them ..

https://www.mohawkmfg.com/shop/search?description=&part_number=12C-1-36-A&component=

Good luck,
 let me know if you need more help ..

Sincerely,

Sam Walker
Next Level Coach, Inc.
610-767-8000
www.Buses101.com
www.SlideOutPros.com
www.OpenTopCruiser.com
www.BusRVparts.com

www.BusLimo101.com
www.Buscustomer.com

I recognized the name through various posts here and was wondering if this is the same person some of you have warned us about. Just curious and not wanting to start any commotion. Thanks, Later

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 11:00:52 AM »

This is the same one.  Shocked Shocked Shocked He's out and loose Shocked Shocked Shocked.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
cody

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 03:24:37 PM »

Same company name that the other guy used too lol, ain't it strange that the other guy just happened to buy out sam and completely paid his debts, made good on it all, clean sheet, and all that and now that sam is out, poof, he's up and rolling. interesting
Airbag

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 03:31:28 PM »

Scott I think I may have posted that link and it was intended for reference only. I have never done any business with these guys but thought the pictures would be handy. Were you having problems with a frozen tag axle? Maybe someone else?

Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 04:35:30 PM »

I see Sam is right back to his old tricks, posting dozens and dozens of other people's photos on his sites, making the implication that he has something to do with them.  In the past, he's implied that these coaches were in his inventory, or the conversions were his work.

When George Dausch came on this board back in February to claim that he had taken over Walker Coach and cleaned up the company's act, I took him to task for exactly the same behavior, in this post:
http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=10871.msg114126#msg114126

Personally, I would not trust either of these individuals or any of their respective business enterprises to give me the correct time of day, let alone deal honestly and fairly in any more important matter.

If they are going to stoop to copyright infringement and misrepresentation on their web sites, how honestly do you think they will represent anything they are trying to sell you?

JMO, of course, and YMMV, FWIW.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 05:01:41 PM »

I guess I found it strange that someone would have a website with part #'s and such but then recommend that I go directly to their supplier instead. That's a bit different. No big deal Airbag. I had already searched and found that site previously. Later all

John316

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 05:25:27 AM »

Interesting way to pay for a building http://pa.mypublicnotices.com/PublicNotice.asp?Page=PublicNotice&AdId=1467905....

Must mean that they are hurting for money.

God bless,

John

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 06:01:03 AM »

You guys should put this Walker deal to sleep I don't know him but just reading and my experience with converters he did what most do only on a larger scale and got caught.
 Guys have been kicked off this board for making comments about Mike (MAK) and others but this is allowed  put the horse up and lock the gate.       good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 06:31:22 AM »

You guys should put this Walker deal to sleep I don't know him but just reading and my experience with converters he did what most do only on a larger scale and got caught.
 Guys have been kicked off this board for making comments about Mike (MAK) and others but this is allowed  put the horse up and lock the gate.       good luck

Amen! I was thinking along those lines myself yesterday. Sheesh!

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
cody

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 07:54:30 AM »

I agree, by now everyone should be aware of him and forewarned, he'll always be the same and able to drum up new one time business but it serves no purpose to continually rehash the old stuff, only so many warnings can be given before you push the baby out of the nest and hope they can fly, same with him, he's pretty much proven to be a predator, thats what he does, he won't change and others will just have to take their chances, let it rest.
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 08:39:08 AM »

I disagree about putting it to bed.  Since this board has no recommended / not-recommended list, how do we warn other bus-nuts about this guy?

Last year I'd talked to him a several times about a bus and some services.  The plan was when I moved down from Alaska I'd swing by there on my way to visit in Tennessee and seal the deal.

I then stumbled on this board and by no design of my own lucked on the old "Sam Walker" thread.  If I hadn't 'lucked' across that older thread I would probably be one of his victims.

Speaking the truth shouldn't be wrong. 

PC is just another way of lying (doublespeak)  IMHO

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
Sean
Geek.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 08:45:15 AM »

I agree, by now everyone should be aware of him and forewarned, ...

Well, OK, except Scott, the OP, stated he was a newbie, so how would he have seen everything that has already been written here?

You could argue that "it's all in the archives," and I would respond that so is almost everything there is to know about batteries, two-stroke oil, electrical wiring, fuel additives, etc. etc., so by that reasoning, newbies shouldn't even have to ask questions or start threads, since it's already all been said.

Of course that's not how it works.  New people are arriving here all the time, and the same questions get repeated here on a regular basis; sometimes, all that is required is a gentle pointer to an existing thread or two in the archives.

In this case, even that is not sufficient, because the situation is in flux.  Back in February, Walker associate George Dausch came on this board to defend his company, and stated unequivocally that the deceptive business practices of the past would stop.  (He also stated that Walker was "penniless").  We all welcomed him, but provided a stern warning that the business had a lot of work to do to build confidence in the community.

As a result of the OP's question, I took the time to look through every web site listed in Sam Walker's email signature, and I found dozens and dozens of deceptive photographs on those sites -- photographs of buses that are not in the Walker/Dausch inventory, that were not converted, worked on, sold, or even looked at by either Walker or Dausch.  None of those photographs is attributed to the original photographer or copyright holder (and, unlike using same on, say, a personal web site, using other people's photographs on your commercial web site to promote your business is copyright infringement), nor are they properly labeled as to the fact that they are not part of their firm's business.

BTW, I disagree with Clifford's suggestion that Walker is no different from other converters, and was simply unlucky enough to be caught.  For one thing, I've never received a cold call from law enforcement regarding anyone else, for another, this was not Mr. Walker's first conviction, but rather his third.  While Pennsylvania law does not seem to bar him from continuing to do business in that state despite his conviction, Florida essentially banned him from ever operating there.

Lastly, regarding the long-standing policy of this board prohibiting attacks on individuals or businesses, I have never understood that to prohibit anyone from bringing forth here established facts (as opposed to opinion or speculation) that would be relevant to a member's decision to do business with a person or company.  In fact, it could be argued that this board has saved many a member from harm (financial or otherwise) by making such relevant facts known.  I'm sure the moderators will step in and correct me on this point if necessary.

New folks coming here deserve the same protection from predatory business practices that the rest of us have enjoyed since joining, within the limits of lawful speech (as opposed, for example, to libel, which would be cause for concern to the moderators and the owners).  Again, JMO.

-Sean
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 08:47:11 AM by Sean » Logged

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 09:03:47 AM »

Ok guys but post the info about all the converters and service people be fair about the deal.
Sean even the one you use has had his share of problems but you never read it here these guys are like homebuilders they get overloaded and under funded and rob Peter to pay Paul.
I am not saying what he done was right just that there are others that have missed jail time and fraud charges I know I have had dealing with a few over the years but I am not going to bash the guys on a board it was between us 

good luck

Sean
Geek.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 09:44:16 AM »

Ok guys but post the info about all the converters and service people be fair about the deal.
Sean even the one you use has had his share of problems but you never read it here ...

Clifford, I am nothing if not fair about "the deal."

The OP asked about Sam Walker.  He got answers about... Sam Walker.

If he had asked about, say, Marathon I would have posted what I know about Marathon, and anyone who has asked me about Infinity Coach gets to hear what I know about Infinity Coach.  If you paw through the archives, you will see my frank assessment of the work of several converters, based on direct experience.  I have also written here about some converters based on things they have posted on their various web sites.

If someone starts a thread asking questions about the XYZ company, I do not think it is necessary or appropriate to involve any other company in the answer;  in some cases, that can even approach thread hijacking.

... there are others that have missed jail time and fraud charges I know I have had dealing with a few over the years but I am not going to bash the guys on a board it was between us ...

You have, I am sure, your own reasons for keeping these things to yourself, and I respect that.  Now, please respect my reasons for making a different choice.

-Sean

Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 10:37:35 AM »

If it's ok with the mods I just as soon have this thread locked. My intentions were never to start a commotion. I just came across what appeared to me to be a pretty good website and had intentions of orderering from them. What surprised me was the name Sam Walker in an email response and a bell rung in my head. I did a search to confirm what I was thinking. The name Sam Walker is probably not uncommon and I was backing up my suspitions with you guys.  You do have to give him credit however for responding and directing me to Mohawk. He could have taken my money and made me wait for ever. Once again I'm sure glad I came across this forum and all it has taught me. Later

bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 10:49:39 AM »

Well, fwiw I ordered a trailer hitch from one of those web sites, and I got a very nice trailer hitch exactly when and where it was supposed to be.  Absolutely no problems or issues.  now I have to search the site to find out why I should have been worried.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Sean
Geek.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 11:21:42 AM »

Scott,

Please rest assured that you did not start a commotion.

You will find this happens a lot here -- the OP will ask a question, which will attract the interest of any number of people who may have related questions of their own, and generate a lively discussion around several related topics.  Threads tend to "drift" this way a lot, and, frankly, this is often the way some of the very best information comes to light on the board.

To the OP, it may seem like things have gone far afield from the original question, and there has been more than one thread here where, after dozens of posts, the original question still has not been answered, and the OP will have to remind everyone that they are still seeking this information.

It is often the case that the OP's question is answered early on, and that person then moves on to other things while discussion continues for, perhaps, several dozen more posts on topics related to the original issue.  Personally, I have found many of these extended discussions quite productive.

Another thing to remember is that these conversations live for a long time in the archives, so cutting them off before all members have had a chance to speak may be doing a disservice to someone who comes along much later looking for information.  Witness the fact that you yourself found value in what you were able to turn up in the archives on this very subject.

Moderation is an art, and I have to say (as a moderator elsewhere myself) that the folks here do an exceptional job.

-Sean

John316

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 11:28:33 AM »

Brian, nobody is saying that he can't turn out a good product. We are just saying....Well I won't say.

Also, I have met Sam, and spent time with him. I must say, though, that in the past his problems have gone a lot deeper than just robbing Peter to pay Paul. The problems go a lot deeper. Maybe with this last bit of jail time he has repented, I doubt it, but I hope so.

I could go on, but I won't beat a dead horse Wink. Aye Clifford Grin.

God bless,

John

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 11:15:37 PM »

Cody,

You wrote:

“others will just have to take their chances”

That is kinda cold.  Now that “I got mine the heck with you...take your chances”.  That is not in the spirit of this board as I have seen it.  I have accepted the help and good wishes of the people here and I expect that my debt will NEVER be paid.  Ever!  You do not speak for me on this matter and I doubt that you speak for many.  I have agreed with a lot that you have said over the years and I recall you becoming really aggressive about a “con man” that was going to “sell” engineering info”.  Why is this different?

Chopper,

In your initial post you sounded like you were “ripe for the picking”.  You found a guy that did you a good turn and saved you a couple bucks.  That great, as far as it goes.  I think the point being made her is that there are tons of stuff where a guy like you lost everything he had.  Most of this “ta do” is about us not wanting to leave a stone unturned in trying to protect a fellow Knut.  Most of what is going on here is grounded in love and brotherly concern.  I feel that coming thru in most of these posts.  It isn’t really about hating Sam at all.

I can’t say with certainty on this but I do know some small amount about crooks and liars.  I administered Defense contracts for 20 years.  It is a ploy to chum in the fish with a free meal or really good deal that doesn’t cost the crook anything at all.  It is a con and some here have spent most of their working life behind bars looking after prisoners in a penitentiary and they purport to be ultra sanative to “cons”.  I don’t think any here can say with certainty that Sam hasn’t seen the light and discovered salvation through Jesus.  Most here deal with probabilities though and that seems a extreme un likely hood.  Bottom line though is “cover your six”.

Luvr,

I think that it coming up repeatedly would indicate that it “shouldn’t” be put to bed.  I don’t like it either, as a subject, but I think not reaching out to those that never got the message is not fair.  I agree with almost everything you have ever said in other posts, for what it is worth. I skip post topics I have no interest in so you or any can take up any topic you wish and be assured I will not be offended or fatigued.

MattC,

You would have gone the way of many other unfortunates without the “caution” you got from this site.  That is why I keep making the same point to others that may be uninformed.  It is your turn now and I know you will come thru for the next crop of newbees.

I disagree about putting it to bed.  Since this board has no recommended / not-recommended list, how do we warn other bus-nuts about this guy?

I don’t know what ever happened to this idea but it would save a lot of breath if we could just say “refer to XXXX” and be assured that the reader would get informed about ours and others experiences.

Chopper,

When I make a post here I expect that it will be read by many other than the original poster and I have rarely been disappointed.  Others are reading this and profiting....most are lurkers.  I know you started it but many will want to respond and I hope you agree that they should have the opportunity.  When I have some personal crit I use private email.  Everyone doesn’t do it that way but I do.....except where the public vitriol is allowed by the moderators to stay public.  Have no heartburn about starting anything.  You did that and it was good.

Sean,

I have disagreed with precious little that you have shared in this post and others.  Thank you for your time and expert opinion.  I think that how few actually take issue with you validates your data.

I would like your opinion on moderators, in general.  A friend that was a big Pro football fan once told me “if you start to notice the referee, he ain’t doing his job.  He isn’t supposed to be in the game”.  I think that wisdom should apply to moderators as well...what say you?  And I fully agree with your comment about the difficulty of being a good moderator.  I guess that being poor at just about anything isn’t all that much of a challenge.  Just ruminating here....certainly no accusations.  I love youns guys....really.

I would add my support to having some sort of central list of bus. That members had bad experience with.  I think we are smart enuf to do that without incurring liability or being unfair.

Thank you for keeping Sam and his record alive and in play,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
cody

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 06:19:41 AM »

John, when ever I make a statement about an individual I get hammered, I'm just tired of being hammered like that, in regards to the conman, I was not only asked to find out what I could but I was asked to post it and then all HeLLL broke loose, I have stated my opinion about sam walker in the past as have others, when George Dausch took over I smelled a rat and posted that I thought he was only a proxy until sam got out of prison, I was taken to task for that also and told to give him a chance, that he was new and was trying and had even made right by sams debts, my thoughts were it was hogwash and guess what? it was.  Yeah my statement was cold, I didn't mean it to be, I just am tired of the time spent on glorifying sams evilness, yes he's a conman when somebody asks tell them he's a conman, then direct them to the hundreds of posts that prove he's a conman instead of dedicating page after page to his vast network of evil.  I guess I'd just rather read about somebodys trip to yellowstone or somebody giving detailed directions on how to understand a date code on a tire, maybe I'm just getting cranky but if I came off as being cold I'm sorry maybe tired is a better word.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 07:15:05 AM »

Cody, it is a no win situation for some I decided to set back and read the posts and keep my opinions and comments to myself with any help I can provide by the way of email ( what little I can help)   good luck
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 07:56:34 AM by luvrbus » Logged

mohawkmfg

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 07:34:16 AM »

Sam Walker sent you directly to Mohawk because Walker Coach cannot buy from Mohawk. They opened an account several years ago and have been written off as a bad debt.
John316

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 09:18:26 AM »

Interesting. I didn't know that you guys were on the board. Welcome Grin. It doesn't surprise me for a second, about Sam. Same old stuff. That would be hard for him to get a discount though Roll Eyes.

God bless,

John

jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 09:33:10 AM »

I'm tickled pick to see you on the board too!
Will be getting 12 of those precious Scenicruiser air bags in a little bit!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Airbag

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 03:17:57 PM »

I don't know anything about this Sam Walker fellow other than what I read here. Let me say being a business owner that takes on projects of large magnitudes like restoring airplanes I have learned many lessons the hard way and what I have learned is you say what you do and do what you say regardless of the outcome financially. I had finished a project for a customer with a $35,000 balance owed me and had him say "I'm not paying that" Guess what, I finished the airplane and delivered it. I ate it.

I recently handed a customer a check for $1,800.00 for a mistake we made and prayed he did not bad mouth me. Instead He praised me. In business we have to do the right thing and some times have to do the wrong thing even if it costs us money just to keep our customers satisfied. The key to success is honesty and integrity and a willingness to sacrifice. It has kept me in business for seventeen years.
SmoothJazz

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 05:07:20 PM »

Well said Airbag.

I used to run a charter bus company. Our first trip out went horribly. After the trip I went to see the band director at the school and handed him a check for $600.00 as a refund even though I had already lost money on the trip by renting other buses to cover me. He about fell off his chair and said, I know this cuts deep into your pockets, but I appreciate what your doing. He then sat down and wrote me a check for $7,000.00 and said we're going to Florida and you are our carrier. My phone rang off the hook with other bands wanting to charter our buses because this man called everybody he knew and gave us a good word. Although it was painful at the moment to refund the $600.00, it was the right thing to do and I was rewarded very well for it by the Good Lord.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 07:16:38 PM »

Well said Airbag and SmoothJazz, It's so good to hear of people doing the right thing and showing proof of integrity and honesty. That's how life should be run. It makes me feel good knowing that this still exists in this dog eat dog world! You will be blessed, and you have provided the proof!

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
cody

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 07:33:25 PM »

My policy is give me my cup of coffee and a running start before you see how badly I botched things up lol.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 07:44:10 PM »

30 years of building Wal-Marts and Home Depot when they told they were not going to pay a bill my answer was always " like hell your not" worked for me I always got my money   good luck

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: