Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 04:48:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: West Tennessee Busnut gathering @ BK's!  (Read 38822 times)
zimtok

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: September 25, 2009, 04:02:58 PM »

Well the flugot my son and now I'm comming down with it...
I sure don't want to expose anyone else to this so I will not make it.
Looks like the fun has already started everyone enjoy and I'll catch up on what I missed next week.

1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: September 25, 2009, 04:12:51 PM »

Bryce
Any chance of identifying the individuals, for us newbees. I reconize many of the names and I am quite curious to put faces to the names.

Thanks
Bob

We are fix'n 2 set down 2 dinner & I'll ask if anyone object's. As long as no one quotes a privacy act on me we will take photos @ dinner and post names w/faces! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: September 25, 2009, 05:52:13 PM »

Boy, I had a mental picture of Cody that was far different! Now, Cody, don't take that wrong Grin. Naw, you are looking good, especially for being after a long trip. I am glad that you, and Libby made it.

We want to hear more, and see more pics! Somebody please eat some extra tri-tip for me Grin (BK maybe you could do that for me).

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: September 25, 2009, 10:09:20 PM »

Quote from: bcaddel
Bryce
Any chance of identifying the individuals, for us newbees. I reconize many of the names and I am quite curious to put faces to the names.

Thanks
Bob

Quote from: Busted Knuckle
We are fix'n 2 set down 2 dinner & I'll ask if anyone object's. As long as no one quotes a privacy act on me we will take photos @ dinner and post names w/faces! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Ooppps so much good food & friendship going on I forgot to ask! Will do in the AM!
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: September 27, 2009, 06:25:21 AM »

Wow, it's been one looonnngg weekend, and it ain't over yet! But so far it's been great! For the lack of organization, we have made up for in great food and company!

Everyone's been great !

We had a superb pitch in dinner Friday night with Don Fairchild supplying the main course of specially marinated Tri-Tips, Bad Bob's (local BBQ joint) baked potato salad & Baked beans, pasta salad, fresh veggies & dip, rolls, BBQ taters & chicken, cherry surprise, brownies, peanut butter fudge, and I don't remember what else! BUT I DO remember EVERYBODY was stuffed!

Saturday we had a great time and some new arrivals. So far it's been;

3 Eagles; Sonny Gray, Red & Linda Ruby (+ guests Linda's sister Barb & hubby Tom), and Cody & Libby
3 GM's; Harold & Robbie Green, Richard Olsen, & and Uncle Ned & Wilma Sanders
1 Country Coach Don Fairchild
3 MCI's; Rick = Rick74MC8 (& guest Bill M), "Frank" aka Slow Rider, Bill (Homegrown Diesel) & Roberta Glen
1 "Baby GMC"; Gary & Gloria Thornberry
1 Bluebird Wonder Lodge; Jim Keefauver
1 Prevost Bob & Judy Glines

We also 2 drive in's as well.
Jim & Jennifer Simpson drove in all 3 days to learn as much as possible B4 buying their 1st coach.
And Dwayne & Peggy from Evansville, IN drove in for Sat afternoon.

The Thornberry's had to pull out early SAT AM due to a family situation and the Glen's pulled out late Sat evening after we got them some A/C and good food ! Bill & Roberta are on their way home with a new to them MCI they just picked up in Dallas! (Bill & Roberta the offer to trade even up on the '91 Setra still stands and I'll even throw in 2 Mercede's badges for it! 1 for the front & 1 for the rear! Grin)

Saturday night we all went to Joe's Steak House for a "catered" catfish dinner after I realized how late it was and we were not even close to being ready to start cooking our catfish as dad was still cleaning some of them & I hadn't even started heating the grill and fryer. So I called and made arrangements with Joe's wife May for us to come there and get catfish & fix'n's. We loaded up in dad's bus that mom & dad had just come in from Branson in earlier and went "out to eat". I'm pretty sure everyone had plenty as May surprised us with chicken too! (if they didn't get enough it was their own fault!)

Today I get individual pics to post. And we are going to "Lambert's" for brunch!
http://www.throwedrolls.com/shopcontent.asp?type=Sikeston

More later! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 07:06:46 PM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

www.kylakesidetravel.net

mc8 tin tent

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: September 27, 2009, 08:36:16 AM »

BK

Can we add one red Impala for a short visit?
 Rumor had it that the last one in paid the tab for the whole group............sooooooooooooo Roll Eyes
It was good to see everyone and put names with faces.
  Thank You! BK and Family.
Dwayne & Peggy

PS
 Any pics. of a long bus and a short pad?Huh?? Grin
  Dwayne
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: September 27, 2009, 08:41:06 AM »

I wanna see a pic of Don's truck with the bullseye on it.

If you don't, I'm gonna hold my breath, and not take another breath, and lie on my bed and never eat again..... Tongue Grin Grin Grin

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: September 27, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »

I have updates & more pics, but I am sore & tired. I will post soon! Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: September 28, 2009, 05:49:32 AM »

Great time     Great people    fantastic  Host!  learned a lot and made new friends.... life is good!

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
beatsworkin

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: September 28, 2009, 07:13:48 AM »

We arrived home safe and had a great time.  The eats were great and the hosts took very good care of us all.  Even though we got there in a heavy rain storm we had a good spot for our motor couch.  The visiting with everyone was very interesting and to hear about the wide range of careers that we heard about.  There were pipe line welders, high tower crane operators, truck and bus drivers and a sound mixer for Crystal Gale, a bed bugger, restaurant owner, machinists, tool and dyemaker, car & boat dealer, and Bryce "want a be bus driver" HA!, . .  and then there was all the hobbies..... drag racing, hi-speed boating and barefoot skiing and many others.  What an interesting group of people.
Tom & Barb Clark and Red & Linda Ruby.
PS has Cody fallen into the pit yet.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: September 28, 2009, 09:14:22 AM »

Quote from: mc8
BK

Can we add one red Impala for a short visit?
 Rumor had it that the last one in paid the tab for the whole group............sooooooooooooo Roll Eyes
It was good to see everyone and put names with faces.
  Thank You! BK and Family.
Dwayne & Peggy

PS
 Any pics. of a long bus and a short pad?Huh?? Grin
  Dwayne

Dwayne we enjoyed meeting you & I did add yer visit to the list above. Look forward to meeting up with you and the Glines again in the near future when I can get up to Evansville!

Quote from: robertglines1
Great time     Great people    fantastic  Host!  learned a lot and made new friends.... life is good!

Bob & Judy it was great to meet you! Glad you made it, and had a good time. I wish I'd had more time to spend talking to, and learning from you both. You will be hearing/seeing more of me I can assure you! I was amazed at what you've done with your coach and all your low budget tips! NICE WORK! Talk to ya soon!

Quote from: beatsworkin
We arrived home safe and had a great time.  The eats were great and the hosts took very good care of us all.  Even though we got there in a heavy rain storm we had a good spot for our motor couch.  The visiting with everyone was very interesting and to hear about the wide range of careers that we heard about.  There were pipe line welders, high tower crane operators, truck and bus drivers and a sound mixer for Crystal Gale, a bed bugger, restaurant owner, machinists, tool and dyemaker, car & boat dealer, and Bryce "want a be bus driver" HA!, . .  and then there was all the hobbies..... drag racing, hi-speed boating and barefoot skiing and many others.  What an interesting group of people.
Tom & Barb Clark and Red & Linda Ruby.
PS has Cody fallen into the pit yet.

Tom, Barb, Red & Linda,
Glad ya enjoyed it, and made it home safe! Again I wish I'd had more time to spend with y'all and gotten a closer look at yer beautiful Eagle. I was busy all weekend running from here to there and set Sunday AM aside just for visiting & pics. By the time I got around to your coach y'all had gone to church, and then everybody was looking for me yelling "We're starving. When are we leaving for Lambert's?"
When we got in from Lambert's y'all had headed out. Sorry again, look to see ya again sometime and spend more time visiting.

It was a great weekend and I especially enjoyed everyone's company and coaches! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 09:18:45 AM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Rick 74 MC-8

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: September 28, 2009, 01:27:39 PM »

We made it home sun eve had a great time met a lot of great people lets do it again next year
Thanks again BK hope the move works out well for all

Rick 74 MC-8

About 20 Miles West Of Chicago
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: September 28, 2009, 02:17:00 PM »

We made it home sun eve had a great time met a lot of great people lets do it again next year
Thanks again BK hope the move works out well for all

Rick 74 MC-8

Glad ya had a great time, and made it home safe! See ya next year, where ever we land! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Homegrowndiesel
Vegetable oil, Rudolf Diesel's original fuel

73-05 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: September 28, 2009, 04:17:36 PM »

Thanks BK for a great time and directions even when I make a wrong turn Grin, wish we could have stayed longer. Sure was nice to meet everyone, and see friends again. Made it home with ice cold air, that we kept having to turn off to keep from freezing.

Dinner was great, we owe you one.

Bill & Roberta Glenn

Aerodynamic Eagle & MCI 102a3
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: September 29, 2009, 09:17:42 PM »

Quote from: Homegrowndiesel
Thanks BK for a great time and directions even when I make a wrong turn Grin, wish we could have stayed longer. Sure was nice to meet everyone, and see friends again. Made it home with ice cold air, that we kept having to turn off to keep from freezing.

Dinner was great, we owe you one.

Bill & Roberta Glenn

Bill & Roberta you are most certainly welcome!
Glad ya made it home safe and cool! Grin BK Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: