Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 22, 2014, 02:57:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: washer/dryer combo  (Read 2686 times)
Devin & Amy
FMCA#377731

1980 MC9 8v71 4spd man. Fulltiming family of 6

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 05:13:49 AM »

Hi all,

We had a Splendide vented combo. We had nothing but problems with the thing, breaking all the time, customer service not good etc.

We probably expected too much from the thing. we are a family of six, dad works in the woods and a baby in cloth diapers. we fulltime and the laundromats of the southern United States can be less than ideal experiences.

So, we put the washer and dryer in the middle bay on pass. side. They are apartment sized units, but are better suited to a "real" load of jeans. i had no problem putting them in and the plumbing was a breeze. I tapped into my gray water output so that we only use the washer during full hookup. It runs directly out the sewer drain.

Bought them at Lowes. ?? $650.00 for set? don't remember exactly. Huh
If you need more info I can get model #s for you.

Devin

Devin, Amy, and the kids!!
Happily Bussin'!!
Merlin

Run away before the kids come back home.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 06:05:39 AM »

I was reading a full-timers blog just now.  They have the Splendide combo unit and the complaint was concerning installation without vibration dampeners.  Is that something that is recommended by Splendide?  Anyway they are blaming the installer for the vibration the Splendide creates in their rig.

At this point in our bus conversion process we have the location for a vented combo washer/dryer mapped out.  However if there is significant reason for not installing one, then we can easily not buy it and use the space for other purposes.

There are other combo units similar to the Splendide, but the prices all seem to be the same.  I'm not overly enthusiastic about paying so much for a washer/dryer.

Our washing/drying needs will be only for the two of us, and as my wife has it figured, she would use the washer as a hamper then wash as soon as it was filled with clothes.  Might take several washings to do the amount of clothes stuffed into the hamper (washer) but we won't be concerned about time ... retired ... free of schedules ... and all that.

Another concern I'm having is water leakage potential.  Our home washer does leak a few drops now and then.  I certainly don't care for this to occur in the bus ... on my nice new interior.  What is the experience you folks have had with the washers leaking and how do you contain it?  Drain pan under the unit?

Merlin

Bus conversion is DONE, and now the home for full-time travel.  Look for me parked in front of your house.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 07:02:29 AM »

Another concern I'm having is water leakage potential.  Our home washer does leak a few drops now and then.  I certainly don't care for this to occur in the bus ... on my nice new interior.  What is the experience you folks have had with the washers leaking and how do you contain it?  Drain pan under the unit?

Merlin

There are drain pans available to go under the washer or you could fabricate one, perhaps even a shower pan.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: