Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 06:56:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exhaust manifold removal  (Read 897 times)
eagle10

Ignore
« on: July 11, 2006, 06:38:53 AM »

I just found a hole in my exhaust manifold on the driver's side of my 1984 Eagle 10 6v92 turbo. Do I need to remove the radiator to get at it or can it be done from under the coach? Any things I should  be aware of before starting the project?
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 07:31:39 AM »

Even though I don't have an Eagle, I've had to do a couple of jobs on the engine-mainly repositioning the remote oil filter to the otherside of the bus for easy access (it was in a horrendous location before) and to replace the water pump (V-drive)-that removing the radiator made working on these projects almost painless.  Although the radiators are heavy, just use a floor jack with a 2 x 4 between the radiator and the jack, and it'll be worth the time to remove it.  On my second try, I was able to get the radiator out in a half hour, and similar to put it back.  That's what I like about working on commercial buses, they are made to be worked on!  You'll most likely have to unbolt the fan if it is in the way-but I didn't have to-so just see what happens.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 08:14:35 AM »

On my eagle 10 1981 should be the same as your 84. just pick up the floor covers
over the motor, you should be able to get it out. you just have to hang down and do it. a little tricky puting it back on but can be done, i seen it done that way.

pete

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
Rick 74 MC-8

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 02:51:13 PM »

Don't know if 692 are the same as 871 but on a 8 v 71 the studs go into the water jacket so becarefull not to fill the exust with coolant DRAIN THE BLOCK

Rick 74 mc-8

About 20 Miles West Of Chicago
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: