Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 04:37:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCI 9 windshields won't fit HELP!!  (Read 749 times)
Zeke1

Ignore
« on: July 23, 2009, 01:00:09 PM »

Hello, The windshields were leaking on my 1987 MC9, so I bought new gaskets from MCI, and called my local glass guy. Now they won't go back in, and the glass channel in the gaskets seems to angle out. The roof has been raised, but the original windshield openings weren't changed. Is there a trick, or something I'm missing? Thanks.
Zeke1

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 02:31:01 PM »

The glass guy brought another fellow with him today that seems to know more what he's doing. They are very tight, and the weatherstrip is forced out a little bit in a few places, but they're in!! A little eurethane sealer in the gaps, and 'll be good to go.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 03:16:59 PM »

Hi Zake1,

Did they use Dawn dish detergent?  That usually works.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
c-coop

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 03:52:49 PM »

check and be shure you have the right gaskets  if your bus was a njt they are different than a standard mc9
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: