Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 12:03:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to get my bus appraised...Where?  (Read 2287 times)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« on: July 13, 2006, 02:30:26 AM »

Insurance Co. needs an appraisal on my bus to finalize the policy.

Any reccomendations?   near New Jersey

Thanks in advance
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 04:46:00 AM »

My insurance company wants an appraisel about every 3 or 4 years. This is the year. I use a company out of Oregon. Audtex (or sometning like that). I just mailed all the paperwork, and with the office remodeling that I am doing, I can't find my copy of the paperwork right now. You can call AON at 800-521-2942 and ask for the name and number of the appraisel company the use.  They sent me forms to complete and return along with photographs (the more photographs the better), and a check for $200.00. I should have my appraisel in about 10-14 days.
   Another option is to check with any local conversion companies or Bus Brokerage firms.  Horizon Coach (bus brokerage firm) and Heartland Coach (coach conversion company) in Arcadia, Florida both do appraisels.  Hope this helps, Jaclk

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 06:31:20 AM »

Insurance Co. needs an appraisal on my bus to finalize the policy.

Any reccomendations?   near New Jersey

Thanks in advance
Nick-

Maybe Luke?  It probably doesn't matter as long as it comes from someone in the Bus/RV industry.  Unless it's newwer and in the "books" don't take it to an RV shop.  They don't have a clue unless they can look up printed values.  Someone like Luke can appraise an older rig based on it's condition and equipment, not what the book says.

Make up some letterhead..."Nicks Bus and RV" and you could probably do it yourself. Smiley
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 07:39:08 AM »

Change insurance companies.

Get one that lets you assign your own value and you pay the premium based on that.

An appraisal will give you a low value.......perhaps what is appropriate as far as resale, but in no way will reflect what is in it.

would hate to have  100k in your bus and have it burn up and get 20k from the ins company because of an appraisal.

Michaud does appraisals.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 07:46:22 AM »

Ok,

First Thanks All for the info!

Aon told me they wont except any appraisals from non licensed companys. The referred me to the place Jack talked about. and $200.00

ADP 1-800-351-3133, They are sending me a self appraisal package. I'll let you know what happens.

Nick-

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Beatenbo

1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 07:55:29 AM »

Nick, would ABC there at Philly, across on NJ side do it, they deal in some conversions.
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 08:01:20 AM »

Nick, you may also want to call Jim or Spike Michaud - Michaud Bus Sales in southern New Hampshire(busesonline.com, 1-877-michaud). They do appraisals (desktop or on-site), there's a link to the appraisal page on their website. I just purchased a converted 4107 from them, and they're outstanding folks. Hope this helps.

Arthur Gaudet Carrollton, TX

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 08:16:04 AM »

Nick,
Since we seem to trade-up coaches every so often, I know a thing or two about getting an appraisal. The folks we use are Automotive Appraisal Group out of CA. Phone: 800.495.2525 Web: http://www.automotiveappraisals.com/id9.html

There's a kit you send for that has all of the forms you need. You fill out their very-detailed forms, take a bunch of digital or film images (and print them), then send the kit back. A week or so later, you'll get a hard copy back in the mail. They'll also forward a copy to your agency. Costs around $150.

My 4106 appraised at $30k (and just sold for $15k), so the appraisal might come in a little high vs. true market value... but it would be a good thing if you ever had a total loss. I just sent in a new kit for the 4108, and it should come in around $40k-50k appraised value (paid $23k for it).

Our insurance in Drive/Progressive through Miller RV, and ran about $450/year full-coverage for the 4106 in CO. I suspect NJ coverage would be more, but have no idea how much.

Anyways, the guy at Automotive Appraisal Group's name to deal with is Mark Koch (pronounced "Coke") and he seems like a real nice, stand-up guy.

My $0.02, and HTH,
Brian Brown
4108-216
Longmont, CO

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 01:00:31 PM »

Brian,

I just called AAP and Mark was just as you discribed. 

He will send me a packet in the mail. I also like his price 145.00

Thanks
Nick-

Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 01:46:24 PM »

Happy to help out, Nick!

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 06:48:54 PM »

Set aside some time for the questionnair..it's tedious...and get all of your reciepts together cause they'll want a copy of what you've spent money on..
I used AAP, Mark Koch, and found them to be professional and prompt. Highly recommended.
AAP offers an overnight service too...for extra bucks.
I had an absolute fiasco with GMAC on the collision/comp insurance. That was the motivation for the appraisal.
Once they had it, they promptly lost it...maybe deliberately..I don't know. They also managed to lose the copies that I made and sent overnight.
Finally found full coverage with Farm Bureau in North Carolina. I'm not sure that they would insure just a coach, but they quickly bought the coach when I offered the farm, 3 cars, tractor, etc. They didn't even want the appraisal. They took pix, wanted to see it operate and that was that. Very reasonable with the annual total under $500.
Had insurance with State Farm for over 40 years, no claims, and they would not insure the bus, although some bus conversions are insured with State Farm. May be a agent thing...although he seemed to be trying to get it done. Wanted to keep the $2K I was spending with him annually.
Nick, considering what my bus appraised for, yours will easily go well over $200K...be interesting to see what they come up with.
Best, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 06:59:27 PM »

Thanks JR,

I will be careful with filling out the papers. And boy, I'm very tidy with all my reciepts. My folder is thicker then the whole construction portfolio

from ny 4000 sf Shop, offices, apartment, and site plan! That number is what I was thinking too. I'll let you know what comes of it.

Nick-

RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 09:56:28 PM »

Nick, you may also want to call Jim or Spike Michaud - Michaud Bus Sales in southern New Hampshire(busesonline.com, 1-877-michaud).  They do appraisals (desktop or on-site), there's a link to the appraisal page on their website.  I just purchased a converted 4107 from them, and they're outstanding folks.  Hope this helps.

Arthur Gaudet   Carrollton, TX   

Arthur -

Did you work in the transit industry for awhile?  Curious, due to your board handle. . .  Smiley

BTW, what's the VIN on your 4107?

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2006, 08:57:59 AM »

Russ, yes to a few decades (& still in) the transit industry. 4107 is serial 1180.

To follow up on a previous post, and keep on topic, we insured with State Farm ( which also handles all our business & personal stuff) - no questions asked, brief questionaire/application, and quite reasonable premium. 

Arthur Gaudet, Carrollton, TX

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: