Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 02:42:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie... First Post - 1984 TMC MC-9  (Read 3603 times)
Depewtee

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 06:18:58 PM »

Hi All!

To answer a few of the questions....

1.  I bought the bus in Saint Cloud, MN.
2.  How much did I pay? You can find out here.
3.  Does stopping at the Mall of America count as a Minnesota rally?
4.  John - I was hoping to find a nearby busnut.  I have lived in FWB over 40 years and have been to/through Laurel Hill hundreds of times. 
5.   Arcadia sounds like a busnut Mecca - count me in!  Might be a good time to conduct a Xantrex install "how to."  I will buy the Xantrex if anyone wants to demonstrate the "how to"  Grin
6. The person I bought the bus from, Matt, told me about the tag axle trick.  He said it also comes in handy if you are on soft/slippery ground and need to direct more weight/traction to the drive tires.  I have not tried pulling the tag axle up yet though.
7. I am in the panhandle of Florida - directly between Pensacola and Panama City, and about 30 minutes south of Interstate 10.

Brian

Brian Shonk
Fort Walton Beach, FL (Florida Panhandle)
1981 Prevost LeMirage Liberty Coach
1984 TMC MC-9
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 08:06:18 PM »

Nice looking bus. I think you did very well at that price.

Interesting. 30 miles away from me, and I never met the guy. I suspect he didn't haunt the boards. Too bad. Looks like he had a lot I could have learned.

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 10:20:15 PM »

Welcome to the madness,  nice looking bus!!!!

Kyles non-rally in October would not be a bad ride for you. Maybe we'll see you there.

Xantrex has pretty good manuals,
http://www.xantrex.com/support.asp

reccomend one like the 4024 that does everything for you Smiley

read up and ask away on the questions

your hooked.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 03:08:06 AM »

5.   Arcadia sounds like a busnut Mecca - count me in!  Might be a good time to conduct a Xantrex install "how to."  I will buy the Xantrex if anyone wants to demonstrate the "how to"  Grin
6. The person I bought the bus from, Matt, told me about the tag axle trick.  He said it also comes in handy if you are on soft/slippery ground and need to direct more weight/traction to the drive tires.  I have not tried pulling the tag axle up yet though.
7. I am in the panhandle of Florida - directly between Pensacola and Panama City, and about 30 minutes south of Interstate 10.
Brian

Brian,
   The "how to" seminar might be a possibility.  We may be in the FWB area in November as we make our way back home.  I will let you know.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
loosenut
Confidently Ignorant

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 07:10:40 AM »

I started a couple of months before you and all I can say is wow.  Your bus looks great.  I'm envious of the all your storage.

Mike

Sold 85 Neoplan 33ft 6V92ta, sadly busless
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: