Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 15, 2014, 09:54:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unkown Eagle in TX  (Read 1348 times)
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« on: August 03, 2009, 05:27:09 AM »

We saw this on our trip to Georgetown TX this weekend. Very clean looking Eagle, 8v92T silver, clean looking engine compartment. I hopped the gate to leave our Eagle calling card, engine door was up so I had to peak! Seated coach and very straight siding. I don't know the model as anything other than an 01 is a mystery to me! Wink It had Lonestar on the side that was painted over.

I'm sure it has no rust! Roll Eyes

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 05:33:41 AM »

I hopped the gate to leave our Eagle calling card, engine door was up so I had to peak!

Forget who has the Eagle. I want to see a video of you hopping the gate Grin Grin Grin.

Are you sore today Grin Shocked Grin.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 05:34:56 AM »

A 40ft model 15 not a x hound with 8v92 90 or 91 year model 

good luck    

« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 05:44:51 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 05:53:17 AM »

I did a google search and came up with this:
1989 Eagle 15 bus for Sale. 102� X 40� 8V92 Detroit diesel engine
. Great shape, no rust, runs great! Still have most passenger seats. Fantastic platform for conversion into RV, or use with coach seats as people hauler. $35,500.00 OBO Call 512-918-9008.

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 06:50:53 AM »

This is the add.

http://austin.craigslist.org/rvs/1295193948.html

Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 06:58:39 AM »

Another case of one too many zeros?  Wink

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 07:13:59 AM »

Why do say to many zeros Tenor that bus will bring 25k to 29k for the right buyer.
I know for a fact he won't take 20 today maybe later after he sits on for a month or so.     good luck

ktmossman

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 11:46:40 AM »

It has already been sitting for a couple months.  I've been watching the ads.  It is listed in several places.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 01:11:43 PM »

Maybe not too many zeros, but the price seems to high to me.  Toys like buses to convert to RVs are barely selling in today's economy unless the price is rock bottom.

Eagles may be a good bus, but they are orphaned.  You can get some parts from Silver Eagle, but how long is Silver Eagle going to stay around unless they actually get some more capital and start producing buses?  GMCs are also orphaned and they aren't commanding real high prices still seated unless someone wants one for historical reasons.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
cody

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 01:53:46 PM »

I'm not sure if I agree with the orphaned line of thought and the values, just a quick scan of the ads in the magazine shows the starting prices of eagles to be 175% higher than MCI, I couldn't say in regards to a Dina, I've never seen one and have no idea of where they are made or parts availability, the only exposure I have to setras is thru bryce, so my knowledge is limited for them too, as far as parts availability I really don't see much scarcity in the eagle parts and mci seems to have parts readily available, the market right now is in the dumpster for all buses but the great majority of the buses we've seen at concerts seems to be prevo or eagles with a scatterings of others, I'm partial to the eagles and hopeful for the new start they are trying to bring about with the new company, a bus is still a bus and far superior to S&S units, DD can be found thruout the bus industry, in MCI's, eiggles, prevos etc.  I know a lot of people "lean" towards MCI, ( wow that was clever lol) and eagles have a history of corrosion problems that seems to be a little worse than what I've seen in other buses, tho I've seen some other buses on the verge of breaking in half and one MCI that did lol, I guess what I'm saying is all buses have good points and bad points and we all have our favorites but it's still the best thing out there, I also agree that the listed prices are far different from the selling prices, but I still feel that eagles and GM's are far from orphans.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 01:57:57 PM »

Wow did I read correctly a Dina owner calling the Eagle and GM a orphan.
Not a part on the bus you can't buy brand new and Sliver Eagle is not our only source of new Eagle parts.    good luck

SmoothJazz

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 02:30:45 PM »

Wow did I hear correctly a Dina owner calling the Eagle and GM a orphan.

It sure appears you got that right Clifford.

I know plenty of sources to buy new Eagle parts. However, even if certain parts were not available, there is always a way to make something work if you have the will. The nice thing is that Silver Eagle was able to find a vendor to build the torsion bars and they will be available for years to come. A big thanks goes to Craig at Silver Eagle for getting this done!
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 02:43:11 PM »

I havn't had any problems getting any parts so far. We have Silver Eagle, Jefferson Bus, IBP and a few more. I'm sure there are even used parts out there if you look hard enough. Parts support is how most companies make big bucks, they have to sell the parts to supply what they created.

I look at it this way, it's a bus, just happens to be an Eagle. If it were any other brand I would still have stopped, even a Dina!

I was impressed with the condition, and of course it just happens to be my favorite brand! Grin

Paul

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 03:32:39 PM »

Yes, the Dina is very much an orphan too, but there are many parts available from MCI if one wants to pay some of the prices for them.

I got my Dina for at about half of what a 102DL3 same year would have cost and about 2/3 of what a 102D3 would have cost.  The price was lower because they are no longer made and Dina actually went out of business.  MCI sold them in the USA so they still support them best they can.

I will readily admit that it is easier in some cases to find a part for a 40 year old MC5 than a 14 year old Dina.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: