Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 01:00:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1990 Country Coach 8V92 Engine Swap to 60 Series  (Read 9999 times)
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2009, 01:13:45 PM »

Z,

You can't beat Ken's deal for a low mileage 60 Series and Ultrashift swap. I'd give him the bus and the $25,000 when it's done, I'm really thinking about having him do mine. You can't beat having someone who knows up grading the DDEC wiring, finding all the parts, and getting it all working for that price. Jump on it!

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
Hard Headed Ken

1988 Prevost Angola Conversion Repowered With 14L Series 60 & Eaton Ultrashift

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2009, 04:01:47 PM »

I'm not advertising for work, I'm saying that about 25,000 should be a reasonable charge for the swap. The parts are out there, the bus engine or the bus oil pan and valve cover are the only things that will require an effort to find. I've looked at doing this swap for about 4 years. Now that my 8V92 is leaking coolant past the o-rings around the cylinder liners the swap has become more important. My post was meant to convey every thing I've discovered about this swap. I hoped that most people would find some humor in my vast knowledge. After all there is some truth in humor or is it humor in truth??

Ken

Link to my engine swap slide show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxAFFBcoTQI
gyrocrasher

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2009, 09:33:50 PM »

HH Ken said:

"If any of us were concerned about something being cost effective we would be driving an automobile and staying in tents or hotels. You know Iím right."

Although I am a but not, I'm sure there are MANY who will disagree with that statement. Smiley
                                                                                                                                Mitch
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2009, 10:52:27 PM »

The Cummins ISM is about the same length-or within just a few inches of the 8V-92TA-and it is 300 lbs lighter, requires less radiator, but you need to add the air to air intercooler, and change the electronics to except the Cummins engine.   Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: