Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 18, 2014, 08:39:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Smoke Damage  (Read 807 times)
zxzx9r

Ignore
« on: August 06, 2009, 12:22:05 PM »

I was looking at a 1995 prevost with a fire that was in the living are. Will there be smoke smell for ever in this coach? The owner says "it dont smell" but I was told it will never go away. It might have some damage to the roof as well. Would this coach be a total or a good fixer upper?
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 12:27:40 PM »

I have rebuilt a few fire damage smoke vehicles..    You have to strip the interior to raw metal.   Once you clean and seal everything, you will be okay.    This only applies to reinstalling a new interior.   Look at it as buying a shell and replacing everything.   "fire smoke" will get and migrate into everything.   This includes structual tubing.   

If the vehicle was declared a total loss, then you know that it was bad.   If it wasn't, the insurance company would have fixed it.

Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 12:36:06 PM »

Talk to some restoration companies.  I have heard that ozone generators work great, no personal knowledge.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 12:44:47 PM »

Buying a total is always going to have a re builders title hurts the value when selling.
I saw this happen to Dave at Southern Oregon when selling his H-45 he rebuilt thought he had 200,000 bus and didn't get 1/2 of that 

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: