Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 11:27:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Smoke Damage  (Read 835 times)
zxzx9r

Ignore
« on: August 06, 2009, 12:22:05 PM »

I was looking at a 1995 prevost with a fire that was in the living are. Will there be smoke smell for ever in this coach? The owner says "it dont smell" but I was told it will never go away. It might have some damage to the roof as well. Would this coach be a total or a good fixer upper?
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 12:27:40 PM »

I have rebuilt a few fire damage smoke vehicles..    You have to strip the interior to raw metal.   Once you clean and seal everything, you will be okay.    This only applies to reinstalling a new interior.   Look at it as buying a shell and replacing everything.   "fire smoke" will get and migrate into everything.   This includes structual tubing.   

If the vehicle was declared a total loss, then you know that it was bad.   If it wasn't, the insurance company would have fixed it.

Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 12:36:06 PM »

Talk to some restoration companies.  I have heard that ozone generators work great, no personal knowledge.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 12:44:47 PM »

Buying a total is always going to have a re builders title hurts the value when selling.
I saw this happen to Dave at Southern Oregon when selling his H-45 he rebuilt thought he had 200,000 bus and didn't get 1/2 of that 

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: