Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 04:38:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please, anyone have the address for choo choo shop in Chattanooga  (Read 2650 times)
ruthi

Ignore
« on: August 06, 2009, 04:13:19 PM »

Broke down, on hwy, need to be hauled there, have ph. not address. No answer now. Thanks

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 04:16:37 PM »

147 Prater Rd.
Rossville, Ga.

It's just across the street from Chattanooga, kinda
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 04:18:06 PM »

Ruthi,

I have never heard of the place, but Google pulled up Choo Choo TIRE shop. Not sure it that is what you want, here you go anyways.

1633 Shepherd Rd # B
Chattanooga, TN 37421-2945
(423) 899-0508‎

You might try posting the phone # that you have, and we can google that, to see if it pulls anything up.

God bless,

John

Looks like Dallas's and my posts just crossed. I would guess that it is Dallas's address, since I was shooting blind.....

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 04:18:58 PM »

147 Pratter Rd, Rossville, GA!

Call me (two 7 0)-705-eleven thirty nine I can get ahold of Joel or Mike after hrs! (Mike is helping run the show momentarily as Mr. Bowen is in the hospital!)
BK

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 04:20:38 PM »

Thanks Dallas. We used him a while back. We need to be hauled there. Yoke broke out of bus, and fell out on the highway, big mess. Anyhow, thanks for the fast reply. Couldnt find where you sent it to me before. We have to get the new bus on the road. Ruthi

Dallas

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 04:22:12 PM »

oops, sorry, that's Prater road, not Pratter!. Some day I should learn to type.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 04:32:45 PM »

Note:  On Google Maps and others, the address comes up in the wrong place on the map.

Here is a map to the correct physical location:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=6+Anderson+Lane,+Rossville,+GA&sll=34.977841,-85.215763&sspn=0.00118,0.002057&ie=UTF8&ll=34.978867,-85.215755&spn=0.009441,0.016458&z=16&iwloc=A

To look it up on other maps use 6 Anderson Lane, Rossville, GA
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 04:45:29 PM »

Thanks, yall. Tow truck is lifting it up now, no doubt, best bunch of people around! Grin

Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 05:33:37 PM »

I'm impressed with these replies; but I'm at an impressionable age!  LOL  Yours in particular was awsome, BK.  This board is the greatest.

Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 06:21:56 PM »

So these guys have a good shop? If so, I will save their info. We go through there regularly, and never know when you will break down.

BTW, Ruthi, I am relatively new on here. What do you guys do? Are you full timers?

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 07:56:47 PM »

Ruthi's bus is now safely tucked in at the Choo Choo Express garage.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 08:50:35 PM »

Quote from: Dallas
oops, sorry, that's Prater road, not Pratter!. Some day I should learn to type.

Hey ain't no biggie shoot not everybody knows you used to live there! (Oopps did I say that?)

Quote from: HighTechRedneck
Note:  On Google Maps and others, the address comes up in the wrong place on the map.
Here is a map to the correct physical location
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=6+Anderson+Lane,+Rossville,+GA&sll=34.977841,-85.215763&sspn=0.00118,0.002057&ie=UTF8&ll=34.978867,-85.215755&spn=0.009441,0.016458&z=16&iwloc=A

To look it up on other maps use 6 Anderson Lane, Rossville, GA

And HTR should know! I won't go any farther! (sorry Mike I forgot I coulda called you too!)

Quote from: ruthi
Thanks, yall. Tow truck is lifting it up now, no doubt, best bunch of people around! Grin

No thanks required! Jest doing what comes natural! Been there, done that, got a closet full of the T-shirts to prove it Grin! ( HTR has a link to a picture to prove it! LOL)
We know what it's like to be broke down or have a driver broke down and it ain't no fun! (especially with 30-59 angry passengers on board!!)

I'm impressed with these replies; but I'm at an impressionable age!  LOL  Yours in particular was awsome, BK.  This board is the greatest.

Dennis

Huh? All I did was what anyone else wouda done, I just happened to have the info close by, in my head!

Quote from: John316
So these guys have a good shop? If so, I will save their info. We go through there regularly, and never know when you will break down.
BTW, Ruthi, I am relatively new on here. What do you guys do? Are you full timers?
God bless,
John

John when it comes to GM, Eagle, Flex and older MCI's or any 2 stroke Mr. Bowen and Joel are an awesome source of information and service!
Joel is the one who found and fixed my MAJOR oil leak on the Setra I brought back from Idaho 1676 miles door to door and leaked (pumped out) 12 gallons of oil and 2 gallons of LUCUS (no CF-2 40W available @ the time!) and did it cheaper than I could have done it myself!
Then when we lost 4 valve rockers and posts on one head in a 6V92 (he couldn't believe we drove it in!), he swapped the engine/trans combo w/one I sent down to him cheaper & faster than I could have!
When it comes to buses Joel knows his stuff! He's worked for Mr. Bowen for close to 30 yrs!
He may not know Setra's and newer buses like he does the older ones but he's good and can get'r done! Keep the info handy if ya ever need help in Choo-Choo they are the ones to call!

Ruthi's bus is now safely tucked in at the Choo Choo Express garage.

Thanks again Mike. And I'm sorry I didn't call you. I'm just used to calling Mr. B, Joel, or Mike Hill when I need someone or thing down there!

Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 08:52:24 PM »

Oh yeah Ruthi,
I did get ahold of Mike Hill and he told me to call Joel, and I did but had to leave voice mail! (I did leave Ken's # for him!)
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 12:00:39 PM »

Thanks to all, this board is awesome, best around. Can one of you call me and give me the phone numbers for some of the guys there to contact to see what they have found out about our bus. I am not for sure whose number we have now,but,havent gotten an answer. John, we install hair salons in the super walmarts, so we work out of the bus, and mostly live out of it too. We are rarely home. Oh, ph. number is 478-forefivesextreetreefivefore
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 12:29:24 PM by Dallas » Logged

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 03:00:15 PM »

Thanks to all, this board is awesome, best around. Can one of you call me and give me the phone numbers for some of the guys there to contact to see what they have found out about our bus. I am not for sure whose number we have now,but,havent gotten an answer. John, we install hair salons in the super walmarts, so we work out of the bus, and mostly live out of it too. We are rarely home. Oh, ph. number is 478 4563354.

Ruthi,
I just spoke to Joel about an hr ago (quitt'n time).
I didn't see this request until now, but I will call Joel back and ask him to calll ya'll with an update when he has 1!
It seems that with Mr. Bowen in the Horsepital (taken from Cody's description) Joel is not hearing or for what ever reason answering the phone.

Joel told me he has not yet checked it totally out, and does not know the extent of the damages yet!
He did tell me that what ever locked up and caused all this, did some MAJOR DAMAGE!
He said it snapped one yoke clean off and broke the other one off as well! I don't remember which one was worse, but it really don't matter at this point a broken transmission yoke and rearend yoke at the same time means one (or more) of 3 things locked up! 1) rearend, 2) transmission, 3) engine!

I may not get a hold of him until AM (I have to call him about something else then anyway!), but I promise you I'll give him the msg then.
As a general rule I don't give out personal #'s without asking first! Of course bizness #'s are a different story, I give those quick!
If you have not heard from Joel or either Mike tomorrow afternoon call me and remind me!
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 03:22:42 PM »

Ruthi,
I'm guessing someone gave you an update? Anyway it was late this afternoon when I did get around to talking to Joel. He said it was OK to give you his cell #, as far as that goes he said it was ok for any busnut to have because not being able to get a hold of anyone after hours while broke down is a scary thing!

for those who would like to add this to their data base here is the info!

Joel @ Choo Choo Express Garage is four two three - two six zero - one two nine zero
Choo Choo Express Garage is 706-891-1242
147 Pratter Rd
Rossville, GA

OH yeah Ruthi, Joel did say he had been busy today finishing up our coach so we could pick it up, but he had checked out your engine and it was OK!
So that narrows it down to trans or rear end! 
Just thought I'd pass on that piece of good news!
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 08:05:14 PM »

Thanks. Ken had his number on his phone, but didnt mark it, and he has had a lot of business calls on his phone, so he doesnt know which one it is now. I guess he will have to wait for his call.

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 08:13:20 PM »

Thanks. Ken had his number on his phone, but didnt mark it, and he has had a lot of business calls on his phone, so he doesnt know which one it is now. I guess he will have to wait for his call.

He should be done with mine now he told me this afternoon it'd be ready to pick up in the AM as we have a driver down that way on vacation who said he'd bring it home if it was ready!

I'd say call and pick his brain tomorrow evening and see what he's found! (Joel is a good mechanic, great guy, but is lacking somewhat on the "keeping you informed dept! Grin LOL!)
Grin  BK  Grin

by the way ya'll should tell Wal-mart that the store in Union City, TN or Fulton, KY need a new salon around 09/25th, 26th, & 27th/ 09 ! We are located in the middle of the 2! Grin 

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=12698.0

Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 08:48:10 PM »

Ruthi, no need to wait on Joel to call you,  Bryce posted the number - just in text form to limit detection by phone number harvesting bots.

Joel @ Choo Choo Express Garage is four two three - two six zero - one two nine zero

I talked to Joel today too and he said it would probably be best for you guys to call him.  He stays pretty busy and as Bryce put it, calling folks isn't his strong suit (bus engines and drive trains are).  Mr. Bowen usually handles all the office matters and phone calls.  But with him in the hospital, that leaves Joel on his own and nobody is in the office.  That is why their office phone isn't getting answered.

hth
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 05:42:08 AM »

I talked to Joel today too and he said it would probably be best for you guys to call him.  He stays pretty busy and as Bryce put it, calling folks isn't his strong suit (bus engines and drive trains are).  Mr. Bowen usually handles all the office matters and phone calls.  But with him in the hospital, that leaves Joel on his own and nobody is in the office.  That is why their office phone isn't getting answered.
hth

Thank you Mike.
And also if calling the land line @ the shop just let it ring, ring, ring for a while! If Joel is the only one there he will eventually answer it, but it takes him time to hear and get to it! (he says it is the best way to get him as his cell phone does not get a signal inside the shop!)
FWIW Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 12:21:33 PM »

Thanks guys, you are all sooo helpful. I wish we could tell Walmart, or Regis we need to do a store then. Oh, well, maybe next time. I doubt there will ever be one in late Nov. or in Dec., our major time off. We did talk to Joel, I guess he is looking for a differential now, and then, he will be able to ck it out further. Keeping fingers crossed.

ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 12:24:30 PM »

I didnt know about the phone number thing. Not real up on computer stuff. Can someone take my phone number off of the post? Thanks Huh

Dallas

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 12:30:25 PM »

I changed your number for you.

I didnt know about the phone number thing. Not real up on computer stuff. Can someone take my phone number off of the post? Thanks Huh
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2009, 05:47:00 PM »

Grin I like the way u changed it Dallas,

Dallas

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2009, 06:02:21 PM »

Some requests I can please people with and others, umm, not so much.  Grin

Grin I like the way u changed it Dallas,