Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 19, 2014, 12:08:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 NonRally at Palmetto Cove (Oct 5th till 11th)  (Read 10656 times)
trailblazer2
1999 Thomas Saftliner MVP

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2009, 06:08:28 PM »

Well; We are packed up and ready to hit the road in morning (right after breakfast)!I might even bring some ole Scenicruiser movies ,to remind Kyle of his possibiliites.I am looking forwqrd to seeing old friends,as well as meeting new ones. Phyllis is busy cooking ,and getting the cats ready to retire.She certainly is enjoying her retirement,and being free again!We'll fuel up first thang,and bring her down that superslab;See ya thar!
Bill

"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston
busing704

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2009, 07:51:39 PM »

Rose and I will be on our way on thursday morring about two days late for me.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2009, 08:46:46 PM »

I ended up going to the ER yesterday via ambulance due to severe lower back spasms. They released me with some pretty heavy duty pain med ans muscle relaxer (no driving for at least a couple days). Not sure if or when we will get there.  Jack

Very sorry to hear of your tran$port....No worry, Paula can drive that bus.  No problemo!   Aim that 40' sucker down the big road and let Paula push the pedals!   She can do it!
May I ask what you've picked up lately that injured you back?  Nevermind if it wasn't related to picking up something heavy.    Maybe something heavy?   How about changing and engine out?  Roll Eyes  
Remember, those guys suggesting the meds are good at what they do.  They will fix you up quickly...better living through chemistry!    Take the meds as they are prescribed.   A good many folk believe that they'll get 'addicted' to pain meds.  Trust me, you won't.   You'll want to forget the stuff once you feel good again.  
Hope to find y'all there soon! Me and Molly (the dog  Grin) will be over tomorrow 'bout when Bill and Phyllis get there.  About 3 hours from here....I'll be on the road by 10 or so-- that's about noonish at Palmetto .  
I can have a little later breakfast than Bill and Phyllis.... since they are...what..about 2 hours to the east of me!   Cheesy
Jack, where are you located?   We could come up and move you and Paula to Palmetto Cove.  
Even though I'll be there tomorrow, we could go and get Jack from wherever he is jammed.      
Jacks our featured guest!  We gotta get him and Paula down here! Grin

Call me:  704 650 0235 This phone's pretty much 24/7.   Call me.   Up on Wednesday morn.    Everything's ready to go.  

JR

« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 09:10:09 PM by NJT5047 » Logged

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2009, 10:16:44 PM »

Hey y'all just wanted to let ya know that Ned is and will be fine!
They wanted to be there for this NonRally very badly, and told me several times that he loved these 2 places/rallys! (mine & Kyle's @ Palmetto Cove)

It's just God & Ned's body weren't ready fer him to leave God's country here in TN yet, so y'all will have to wait! Grin

Seriously, y'all have a great time and eat something healthy for "Uncle Ned"!

He'll be fine, just gonna have to take a little time to recover!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2009, 05:53:28 PM »

Just got back from Savannah an hour ago. The lady Judge was very efficient - traffic court started at 10AM & I was out in an hour. I was lucky in that 5 or 6 cases like mine were before me, so I was able to learn a little. The judge pronounced the fine. When I asked if she could help with the points, she recited my past infractions, paused, then said "I suppose we can help an idiot passing thru" & then reduced the speeding charge to no points.
Thanks to Dave for the words of wisdom to keep what I said to a minimum. It was hard, but I did & I got the result I was hoping for & didn't have to pay a lawyer!  Cool

Went to "Vick's on The River" for lunch - awesome! Then had an uneventful ride back.

Hope to be at the cove before lunch tomorrow.

P.S. I received a sad bit of news this evening - mom & dad's neighbor in W. Columbia (Bill) passed away today, so they may not get to participate at the cove this weekend & I may need to leave for a day. Bill was a GREAT neighbor & was always eager to help me do stuff on my first car when I was in high school. . . . He will be sorely missed. Cry

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2009, 04:28:14 AM »

This will be happening the following weekend.
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/events-gatherings/320079-euro-auto-festival-oct-17th-bmw-zentrum-greer-sc.html

the pumpkintown festival will be right down hwy 8
http://www.yourpickenscounty.com/?p=429

And fall for greenville too

http://www.fallforgreenville.net/

This will be happening the following weekend if you like euro cars.
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/events-gatherings/320079-euro-auto-festival-oct-17th-bmw-zentrum-greer-sc.html

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2009, 06:09:42 PM »

I am still debating coming up for this one.  I have a hard decision to make since it is the weekend of the Georgia-Tennessee game and I haven't missed this matchup in person since 1995.  My bus has changed a ton since I first went to the 2007 July Rally, the outside still looks like crap but i have a TV and a Toilet Wink

How 'bout them VOLS! Grin  45-19! Grin

Quote from: loser fan! (Kyle)
Won't be long till we see who the losers are!

Did I mention

Go VOLS!                 Go VOLS!                 Go VOLS!                 Go VOLS!                 Go VOLS!             Go VOLS!!!                   Go VOLS!         Go VOLS!Go VOLS!Go VOLS!                 Go VOLS!                 Go VOLS!                 Go VOLS!                 Go VOLS!             Go VOLS!!!                   Go VOLS!         Go VOLS!
Grin  BK  Grin
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 06:14:41 PM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2009, 12:49:38 PM »

Great turnout & awesome time!
A special THANK YOU to all who attended & made this a great weekend.

I don't know how, but these keep getting better & better. I can't wait to see the next one!  Grin

Gary took some pictures, (I didn't since I was so busy bumpin' my gums  Wink ) but since he has some distinguished guests visiting for a few days, it will take a week or 2 to get the pictures posted.

I am looking forward to bussin 10 . . . .

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2009, 02:52:51 PM »

Had a great time!  It was great to see every body again and meet the some new folks.  It was great to put some faces to some handles on the board.  Also some names to faces that I remembered but there name had escaped me Wink.

Good thing there wasn't any food there because I was needing to lose some weight!!! Cheesy Shocked Roll Eyes

Actually my bus was glad it was downhill on the way back because my belly was putting a strain on it Cheesy

The weather was only bad while we slept, which made for good sleeping Smiley, one of the S&S fellows awning roller snapped, that was interesting to see.

Hope to see everybody again next time.

Oh yeah,  Speidies chicken is quite tasty Grin

« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 03:14:57 PM by NewbeeMC9 » Logged

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
busing704

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2009, 03:34:22 PM »

I would to thank Kyle and family for all there hard work that they put into this rally.
RoseMary and I always have a great time. And it was great to have a couple of extra days to
lay back and see the sights. Thanks again. Jerry
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2009, 03:59:42 PM »

BTW,
Nice paint Jerry, very nice! Looked great - even up close  Cool

Makes me afraid to paint mine . . .  Shocked

You & RoseMary are great fun to be around, it was our pleasure.

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2009, 09:02:14 PM »

I don't know how to thank all of the folk that worked to prepare food and make the weekend go so well...!   But large thanks are in order!  
Terri and me had a great time... I gained a few pounds too!  
Special thanks from me are owed to Bill and Phyllis Haga and Herb and Dolores Spurlock for laying on some fine cooking on Wednesday and Thursday!   Terri didn't get to Palmetto Cove unti Friday...no idea I would eat so well!  Grin Grin
Other than trying to widen the exit at Palmetto Cove when leaving (I didn't...almost did), ride home was totally uneventful.   Lots of traffic...?  
As Jon says, the rain wasn't a problem.  Once inside for the night...the rain is fine with me.  Makes for good sleeping!   HOWEVER, the weather was about perfect most of the time for what we were doing.   Got to do a little 'under the awning pickin' on Friday night in close to 70 degrees at 11 PM...very unusual...quite nice.   We quit when the serious rains came.    
Dave Lang's sausage is, by itself, a reason to be there!   Jacks 'Speidies' was excellent!   I ate too many of those things!   The spaghetti was excellent too!   What can you say...?  
Even the event organization was excellent!  Must have been due to Kyle's momma!   Wink  
Thanks to Kyle and Palmetto Cove for hosting the event!   Having access to a large indoor area makes this sort of gathering weatherproof!   The 'staff' at Palmetto Cove deserve thanks too.  They were friendly and accommodating.  
Missed Ned and Wilma, but good to hear Ned's doing well!   
JR and Terri

« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 09:08:29 PM by NJT5047 » Logged

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2009, 02:51:14 AM »

Great Rally! Karen and I had a great time and got to meet some new friends and see some old ones. Thanks Kyle for putting this on for us.
Tom & Karen Hamrick

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2009, 06:53:07 AM »

Forgot to say how much we missed Ned and Wilma! Glad to here he is doing better.
Also wanted to extend sympathies to Jack Hart in the loss of his brother-in-law. Diane & he had to leave on Saturday to be with family, but they still provided some delicious Speedies chicken!!!
Tom & Karen Hamrick

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2009, 11:00:43 AM »

Thanks to all who so graciously gave tours of their buses! I heard what has to be the highest compliment I've ever heard & it came from an Airstreamer (who has a very nice TT). They said "I don't want to go back to my trailer after looking at these buses."  Grin  Cool

You guys were FANTASTIC!

This weekend was the annual 'Cove Board Meeting' in addition to a rally for the local Airstream club. All were impressed with the bus nuts & most asked where I was able to find such wonderful people! Most of them are planning on attending anytime the bus nuts are there. That's a big difference from the fears preceding the first non-rally. You guys are the reason, so my hat is off to all of you.

Also to all those who helped - you made it possible for me to socialize more than in the past. You also made it possible for the meals to be served on time! everyone knows that that's a first for one of my non-rallys!  Shocked  Roll Eyes  Cheesy

THANKS for making this so much fun!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: