Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 01:02:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jersey Roundup, Carthage, MO. Oct 13-15th, 2006, open to all busses and busnuts  (Read 4498 times)
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« on: July 12, 2006, 05:41:42 PM »

So, did I get enough information in that subject line? Cheesy

This is a reminder that we are having the annual Jersey Roundup in Carthage, MO, near Joplin, at the Big Red Barn RV Park on October 13th through the 15th, 2006.  This is open to all breeds of busses and bus conversions, and also to "wanna be's"  Wink, and already we have confirmed attendees including Eagles, GMC's, and MCI's.  It will likely be a smaller gathering, and is definitely a "low-budget" relaxed atmosphere.   Cool

Here is a little info, and more will follow:
The Big Red Barn RV Park has welcomed us with open arms (and maybe a little trepidation Wink), offered us use of the club house (aren't they just the sweetest Kiss), said we got dibs on the fire pit (maybe afraid we'd start one somewhere else?  Roll Eyes), and offered use the following rates: $20.65 w/no cable, and $22.45  w/cable, per night, per rig.  We have personally visited this campground and found it to be very nice, very clean, easy access for big rigs, with many pull-throughs,  and the owners are just as great as could be.  They do allow pets and request, of course, that you "pick up" after your pet.  Grin

I would ask that any who are planning to attend or are thinking they likely will attend to contact me at chicks@ionet.net and let me know, so that I can keep the campground updated on how many sites we will need.  If you aren't sure at this time, but think you would like to come, let me know and I'll put you on the "potential" list, (meaning of course that you are not a total loser! Wink), and then you can confirm one way or the other at least two weeks before the event, so we can give them a final total.

Thanks for your interest, Christy Hicks

Christy... I changed your title a little bit because you had reached the character limit and it chopped some of the words.
It was originally: "ersey Roundup, Carthage, MO, Oct 13-15th, 2006, open to all busses and bus enthu"
I hope you don't mind. -Dallas
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 01:13:45 AM by Dallas » Logged

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 05:38:19 PM »

Thanks Dallas, for your help. . .you always take care of us! Wink

A little info on area attractions:

Colaw RV Salvage, Carthage, MO: easy access right along the interstate.  All kinds of new and "take out" rv components, from switches to couches, and everyone should visit here once in their life, if not for a bargain, well, then at least to walk through some of the totaled or burnt rv's they have on their lot.  It's a sobering experience to see that many burnt up units for sure  Cry, and makes you determined to do whatever you can to keep this from happening to you  Undecided.  It also reveals the quality of construction of different units, from travel trailers to large motorhomes and everything in between. Shocked

more info to come ;

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Dallas

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 07:34:55 PM »

Christy, If there is any way possible, we'll try to be there!

Keep the beverages cold!

Dallas
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 10:45:32 AM »

Well, Dallas, you can be sure there will be PLENTY of cold beverages! Wink  I'll have a special one set aside for Cat, . . . oh, and I guess one for you too! haha

Another activity in the area during that weekend, the one that will have the biggest draw I imagine, is the Apple Butter Makin' Days Festival in nearby Mount Vernon.  This is quite the festival. . one of the most popular in Missouri for the last 40 years. . . where, as you would imagine, you can watch them make apple butter in large copper kettles, but also, you can attend contests, visit tons of vendor booths (up to 340 vendors and craftsmen are expected to attend), eat all kinds of great "bad for you food", listen to everything from country to bluegrass to Christian music, watch a gun fight (with actors this time), and can you IMAGINE how good it is going to smell there in the afternoon when they add the spices to those apples that have been cooking all morning!  Here is a link for the festival if you are interested:  http://www.mtvernonchamber.com/mt_vernon_applebuttermakindays.php

We plan on going to the festival ourselves, gorging on bratwurst and buying lots of junk to haul back home. Cheesy  We'll be exhausted by the end of the day, stuffed, and ready to put our feet up around the campfire with everyone else.  Well, actually, I'll probably be on the constant move. .. shifting my chair to and fro, trying to avoid the smoke as the wind continually shifts in my direction.  If you're smart, you'll stay as FAR away from my chair as possible. . . that smoke just loooooooooves me! Wink  Christy Hicks

Dallas

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 11:01:03 AM »

Well, Dallas, you can be sure there will be PLENTY of cold beverages! Wink  I'll have a special one set aside for Cat, . . . oh, and I guess one for you too! haha

Another activity in the area during that weekend, the one that will have the biggest draw I imagine, is the Apple Butter Makin' Days Festival in nearby Mount Vernon.  This is quite the festival. . one of the most popular in Missouri for the last 40 years. . . where, as you would imagine, you can watch them make apple butter in large copper kettles, but also, you can attend contests, visit tons of vendor booths (up to 340 vendors and craftsmen are expected to attend), eat all kinds of great "bad for you food", listen to everything from country to bluegrass to Christian music, watch a gun fight (with actors this time), and can you IMAGINE how good it is going to smell there in the afternoon when they add the spices to those apples that have been cooking all morning!  Here is a link for the festival if you are interested:  http://http://www.mtvernonchamber.com/mt_vernon_applebuttermakindays.php

We plan on going to the festival ourselves, gorging on bratwurst and buying lots of junk to haul back home. Cheesy  We'll be exhausted by the end of the day, stuffed, and ready to put our feet up around the campfire with everyone else.  Well, actually, I'll probably be on the constant move. .. shifting my chair to and fro, trying to avoid the smoke as the wind continually shifts in my direction.  If you're smart, you'll stay as FAR away from my chair as possible. . . that smoke just loooooooooves me! Wink  Christy Hicks

Christy,

I always wondered how they milked those apple cows to get the cream to make the butter?

Also, As Lary knows, smoke follows beauty and that's why it's always after you! LOL

Sure wish we could make it! We're still trying to find a way!

Dallas
Dallas

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 04:58:32 AM »

I just thought I'd post to bring this to the top again!

Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 09:09:03 AM »

Thanks Dallas!  I need all the help I can get. . . hmmm, seems to be that way often!  It's going to be 102 here today, 103 tomorrow, and 104 the next day. . .YUK! 

I just keeping visualizing our rallys. . . October. . . cool weather, gathering around the fire, leaning back in our chairs and stretching out towards those coals, wiggling our toes to help transfer the heat on up, wondering if we really want to grab that ice cold can of beer again, well, heck yeah we do!  We're by the fire!  hahaha.  Christy

Dallas

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 05:49:12 PM »

Hey Christy,
Are you gonna have cards made up identifying the coaches?
Or let each coach owner do it themselves?
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 06:52:30 PM »

Hey Christy,

Don't forget to tell them about Precious Moments Chapel there In Carthage, MO (not sure if the name is correct, but there's a huge church over there that has all the "Precious Moments" figurines and stuff on display it's one of my moms favorite places to visit over there!)
Also the Caves over there that have built in storage coolers and dock facitities inside them that has room for 40-50 trucks and room to drive them around and turn around and such when full of trucks! (I used to haul cheese out of them when I was trucking) Pretty impressive if you like stuff like that! I think it'd be cool to make one of them into a camp ground they have an average temp of 50-70 degrees in them almost year around except in extreme weather I used to sleep with the windows down and the bunk door open while waiting to be laoded or unloaded no matter how coold or hot it was outside!
Also if ya'll are anything like me and like to see what strange way you personalize yer rig with chrome ! Then theres my favorite place the Four States Truck Parts chrome shop across from the Pilot Truck Stop  in Joplin, MO.

Opps sorry Christy I didn't mean to hijack yer thread 'er anything like that just "thinking in type" (as in thinking out loud !LOL !) of some of the cool things I'd be check'n out if I were lucky enough to make it to yer 'round up!
BK  Cool Cheesy Grin
Grin Smiley Cheesy  It's gonna be Great Time at the Jersey Round Up! Be THERE or Christy an Larry will tell everyone your bus is Square! Cool Roll Eyes Wink
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 06:54:33 PM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 07:12:43 PM »

hahahhahaha, BK, you crack me up!  Grin You can hijak anything you want. . .um, well, maybe not ANYTHING, but a lot of things. Wink  Thanks for the suggestions of more places to visit!  Keep 'em coming. Cheesy

I'll talk to some of the other people coming and see how they would like to handled the ID cards. . . I think it's a great idea myself!

Thanks for the bumps guys Wink! Christy

Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006, 12:23:13 PM »

Grin  The busses are checking in with us and here's a tentative listing of what we're expecting at the Roundup:
two Eagles
a GMC RTSII
a MCI9 Entertainer
a Scenic Cruiser
an MCI5
an MCI8 (maybe two)
a 4104
our 4107
a 4905A
two or three motorhomes

Pretty cool or what?!?  We are thrilled the variety of busses and are looking forward to climbing all over the various units, which range from "getting ready to start the conversion" to "been using and changing this conversion for a while",  Grin.  Feel free to jump on the bandwagon and join us in Carthage. . .

we are bus Cheesy sin, we are bus Cheesy sin'

WVObus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 04:07:51 PM »

Hey Christy, Whats the latest?Huh

Does the ampgroud allow day visiters? Have tent camping?
I plan on omin if Cindy can drive, I still am unable to drive o to my stroke.  Bus is on ho untill Huh?

John F.
Kmon

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 04:34:08 PM »

Christy,

Add a 102A3 to the list.  I talked to the boss, and we are going to try to make it as well.  I had a lot of fun with everyone last year, and look forward to catching up with all of your latest adventures.

Keith

1989 MCI 102A3
8V92
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 06:10:30 PM »

OMG, that is so great that you guys are coming Keith! Grin  We were really disappointed when we thought you might not make it Cry, so this was the best news I've had all day! 

I'm dying to see what you've gotten done with the bus so far.  Many of you may not know, but Keith's bus has a beautiful paint job and is really transformed from the shell with which he started Shocked

John, I'm sure the campground can accomodate you if you decide to bring a tent, and I'll get in contact with them immediately to confirm that!  We were sure hoping you'd be able to join us this year again. . . we knew that it might be more than you are ready to do, but I know that even if it's just for a day visit, we will all be glad to see you and I'm sure the campground will be more than happy to have you come and visit us too.  You just keep putting one foot in front of the other, and we'll keep the light on for you! Wink

Oh gosh, it's going to be such a nice gathering!  Yee haw! Cheesy

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 06:40:29 PM »

Grin Shocked Roll Eyes  Jersey Roundup, Carthage, MO. Oct 13-15th, 2006, open to all buses and busnuts ! Be There or Larry & Christy will tell everyone your bus is square ! (BK said it! Grin)   Smiley Wink Cheesy

Christy just a shameless little plug to help you out! I can't believe how easily these fall 3,4,5 pages down like overnight! BK Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: