Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
November 18, 2017, 05:30:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  4,812 Members as of August 9, 2016 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: From the road in North DAkota.. south dakota ....  (Read 3997 times)
LarryN 4106

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 02:29:37 PM »

When you are in that area of the world and NOT see Ft Robinson, just west of Gordon, NE is really quite a shame. A LOT of history there....and a great campground, too.  As for ND.....my next journey will take me to TR's ranches. (He is, by far, my favorite President).
BUR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 04:59:52 PM »

Went through that area a couple of weeks ago. Stayed a night at Ft Robinson, but was to busy licking my wounds to enjoy what the Fort had to offer. We had just came though a VERY NASTY storm on hwy 29 in western Nebraska, wind, rain, and hail. Lost a little paint off of my new paint job on the bus, hail knocked a hole in the shower vent, the back of the air conditioners are a mess, hail went through the gill on the radiator and dinged the fins on a new recore, 50  to 60 mph side winds blew enough rain in through a couple louvered grills to shut the inverter down for 4 hours, my truck had damage also. I had two hysterical women and a son that was concerned. With  all that said we still had a good trip back through the midwest. Went to Mt Rushmore and Yellowstone (free with senior pass) and down through Jackson WY. Dropped out of Yellowstone's South entrance, had 15 miles or more of watered down dirt roads in construction zone. My poor truck had 1/8" dirt on it.    BUR

1980 Prevost   8V71TA  6 speed stick
Homebase   Kelso, Washington
Coming to a city near you      "Fulltiming"
Winter months   Yuma AZ
mikelutestanski

Mikes Metal Mistress

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 07:42:17 PM »

Hello     sorry my mistake   we are in south dakota...    however today we saw more buffalo,donkeys and one mountain goat on the road..   lots of rocks... tunnels and neat stuff...   This am we went to ellsorth afb and visited theair museum.  on the base tour they take you down into a minuteman silo   ancient history but neat anyway.  tomorrow on to the badlands then south to nebraska to platte area   Union pacific has a large marshalling yard there that we can see from  a 70 foot tower...   
     Sorry about the weather for others  ; we have been fortunate so far to have sunny skies... some light rain today
    Regards and happy bussin   mike

Mike Lutestanski   Dunnellon Florida
  1972 MCI 7
  L10 Cummins  B400R  4.625R
gus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 09:32:39 PM »

Mike,

What PA park did you stay in for $55/three nights? Was the limit three nights for the PA price? I haven't renewed yet since I get to use it so seldom. I keep finding that a bunch of parks listed in the book are no longer PA members.

Having flown and driven through SD, WY, MT and NE numerous times I can say that the weather can be really nasty or very nice, except the wind never stops. Drives my wife nuts!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2009, 05:19:39 AM »

Sounds like you are headed towards North Platte Mike. Do check out the Valentine area and Fort Niobrara on the way. Beautuful area. If you're into antiques and history head east to a town called Minden and "Pioneer Village". That can easily take up a whole day. Later

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Kirby-XL40-FL

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2009, 07:21:32 PM »

We've been to Harold Warps's Pioneer Village in Minden and it is a fascinating place, not far off I-80.  They have their own campground right next to the Village and it's real convenient, especially so you can take your time and go thru the Village leisurely.  If you stay at their campground, the second day admission is free.  http://www.pioneervillage.org/

Kirby
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: