Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 19, 2014, 07:55:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Bay Cars" What will fit?  (Read 6161 times)
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2009, 07:10:43 AM »

The benefit of a bay car is that you can then tow something much more interesting, like a boat.

Unfortunately I can't have one myself as my bus is mid-engined, so the middle bays don't do all the way across. The rear bay is probably large enough, but it's in the wrong orientation

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2009, 07:21:16 AM »

As a Mason & a Shriner, We use to drive a 67 Deuce&1/2 in the parades. Now we are looking for something else. A bay car can do 2 things for us. I don't think I would ever take one out on the open road, but would be useful in a resort. M&C

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
Where "R" We ; Leeds, Utah
Green-Hornet

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2009, 01:41:30 PM »

If you want a real car in the bay than this German company, Voljers-mobil has a good idea. Drive the car onto a lift tha raises up into the bay. The ads say a BMW or Mini can fit.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2009, 02:32:34 PM »

Don't waste precious bay space on transportation. Just set your bus up to tow and get a vehicle that you can tow 4-down. I tow Ford Explorers. Have 2 now that we tow. Had one before these. Love it. With the electronic neutral transfer switch installed by the dealer, I can hook up and go within 5 minutes. Unhooking is even quicker.  I can put stuff in the Explorer, too, if I need more storage space.

I'll probably get a 4x4 Ford Ranger for the next vehicle, as it has the electronic neutral transfer switch option, too. Then I can put my motorcycle in the back if I want, or a chest freezer when I go back to AK. I'm considering building a new front bumper on the bus that I can load my motorcycle onto.

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2009, 08:21:01 PM »

I'm considering building a new front bumper on the bus that I can load my motorcycle onto.
Craig

Don't do it you block off airflow to the radiator and cause overheating problems Grin ! !!!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2009, 07:17:25 PM »

http://www.customcarts.com/CRICKETCARTS.htm

I saw one of these at a little place here that does not carry them any more, thee floor board folds up and the chassis telescopes to make it shorter along with the steering wheel folding down.  this is the best picture i could find but there is not a lot of info

another with more info
http://www.ricksesv.com/Default.aspx?PageId=9
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 07:27:30 PM by NewbeeMC9 » Logged

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2009, 01:16:01 AM »

Designers have played with the idea of a 'telescoping' car for decades. Most of them don't get past the drawing board, but below is a working example I have seen featured on TV:

It would be fun to build something similar for a bus, but a huge project

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2009, 10:10:14 AM »

Don't waste precious bay space on transportation. Just set your bus up to tow and get a vehicle that you can tow 4-down. ...... I can hook up and go within 5 minutes. Unhooking is even quicker.  I can put stuff in the Explorer, too, if I need more storage space.

craig

+1000000  Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: