Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 01:40:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greyhound using Prevost.  (Read 3620 times)
fraser8
Fraser

1972 Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 07:50:09 PM »

Nothing negative here, I like the look and I think the graphics are the best I've seen in years, the retro classic look is a refreshing change. Is one brand better than another, that's yet to be seen, we have a lot of Prevost Coaches traveling in my part of the country and I've never seen one parked on the roadside.

Fraser Field
Deroche, BC, Canada
Where the milk cows out number the people, but they can't vote
1972 Prevost, Detroit 8-71/740 Allison automatic, Jakes
Hobbies: restoring classic cars, www.oldambulance.com, arranging old car tours: www.coasters2010.com, www.canadiancoasters.ca
Retired Paramedic
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 08:55:54 PM »

Somewhat old news, Greyhound has purchased some several hundred of those Prevost and the new style paint scheme. WiFi equipped in some markets.

It may be old news to some but after traveling 10,000 miles over the last 6 months I have only seen only two. You cant miss them with that paint job and look.
Your wrong if you think that Greyhound will limit themselves to several hundred. The ties between the UK and Canada will put Prevost in the drivers seat.

John
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 09:19:54 PM »

John, I doubt that will come into play GreyHound has to many partners in their operations 2 I know of PeterPan and Trailways of New York and looking for more.
I know they have approached Arrow Stage Lines for the Midwest and Southwest routes so all the buses your are seeing don't all belong to Greyhound.  
And if I am not mistaken the 200 Setras BK was talking about will belong to Arrow Stage Lines and the inter city bus service is not something First Group is into they like school buses that is the reason Greyhound is a separate co from First Group

good luck      

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 09:27:34 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 09:28:14 PM »

Cliff.

I have only seen two both running together in the Chicargo area.

John
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 09:46:18 PM »

John, I see the Greyhound X3 model Prevost on I 40 about everyday along with few new MCI's and Van Hools plus a few rags still in service I don't have any idea who owns the buses.
And they have very few passengers aboard when they stop at Needles.     

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 06:32:30 AM »

Clifford I could be wrong, But I was told by a man @ Setra that a # of the S417 Hounds were all ready in service running the Southeast up and down I-95 mostly in SC, GA & FL! I can't prove this, but that is what we were told when we went to the training class in Utah back in May! (also several in Canada!) FWIW
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
ktmossman

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 08:04:52 AM »

You are correct.  We saw several Greyhound Setras on the Interstates on our trek through GA and FL last month.  I noticed because the first one was a bit of a surprise.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 08:26:03 AM »

I am glad to see that they are mixing it up with different manufacturers.

Nothing like a little friendly competition to keep your prices down.

I also like the new logos/design as I lean to the retro look anyway.... Wink

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: